Has anyone level 110-120 with pet battles?

Pet Battles
Has anyone level 110-120 with pet battles? How was it compared to questing?
I went up 2 1/2 levels. The rested xp makes the amount per fight amazing. 12k-13k per fight is insane.
I did this from 90-100 in WOD on my mage. Needless to say, i was extremely squishy once I hit 100 since i had no gear at my level (and a clothie too). I would recommend doing at least some questing so you arent a frail beanpole when you hit 120.
09/07/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Spicypickle
I went up 2 1/2 levels. The rested xp makes the amount per fight amazing. 12k-13k per fight is insane.

Rested xp isn’t consumed on pet battles.
yes, I did my hunter on the horde and currently working on one for the alliance (115 level). I add the daily pet tamers around azeroth-this gives a lot of exp points, the weekly quest=win 10 pet battles with lvl 25 team, the weekly quest in the garrison, daily quest in the garrison, darkmoon pet battle when it is available. I que for the pvp meta in between. the thing with doing it only with pvp pet battles is; you have to win (you get 12,500 exp) and the battle has to last more than one minute, otherwise you get the win but no experience points. I also do herbs and mining as professions and you get exp points when you gather. Also you don't need any gold to gather and you can make gold when you sell the items. I sell pets too to get extra gold. You don't need much gear because when you get to level 110 you can do WQ to get any item you need.
I did a mix of questing and pet battles for my Alliance alt. I also did a route of the old battles tamer quests. Felt bad for the little girl in Redridge with her bunnies. Those award full quest exp. Did the ones in MoP as well. So it's pretty fast compared to just straight questing. Some of the tamers give stones and pets as well in MoP. And you can level up a few pets if you want to take the time.
In an exercise in shameless self promotion I'll pop in to say I went from 0-90 with PvP pet battles in MoP. I had way too much time on my hands back then.

http://pvppetbattles.com/2014/02/17/level-90/

Also, I made my first new vid in what seems like forever.

https://youtu.be/yQ9_ujSoTlU

Shameless.
Disco
Not shameless at all. Glad to see new videos. The pvp thing isn't my deal but I've watch plenty of yours.
09/07/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Ladygrim
09/07/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Spicypickle

Rested xp isn’t consumed on pet battles.

I did not know that, thank you!
Yes, I have done 3 and 1/2 characters so far. Check out my 120ness and lack of the neck achievement. 1 level an hour is a good estimate, it's slower than quests but easier to watch Netflix.

Here are a few useful tips:

1) Rested does not matter for how much exp you get from battles.

2) All other +Exp boosts appears to count--Exp gem, War Mode, the Spires of Arak Inn (yes it counts at 110+)

3) Find level 25 clusters you can farm in under a minute per battle.
Yes, I have done 3 and 1/2 characters so far. Check out my 120ness and lack of the neck achievement. 1 level an hour is a good estimate, it's slower than quests but easier to watch Netflix.

3) Find level 25 clusters you can farm in under a minute per battle.

This is all new to me! I've only done a handful of pet battles during my wow career.

Where would one go to find these level 25 clusters than you can farm in under a minute? What pet team is ideal? How many teams do I need?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Cruised around Drustvar for a bit. There aren't many pet battles from what I ran into - a few crabs along the coast. Boo.
09/07/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Ladygrim

I did this character from 110 to 119 (I stopped there to do the war campaign.) I have another character at 114 (from 110) from pet battles. I don't think it's faster but it is lazier to me. I do an hr of leveling my pets and I'm gaining levels too. The panda trainers give around 30k a piece for the 14 dailies so that's a solid 330k to 420k each day (depends on if I wanna do the legendary beasties.)

I do the rounds and then don't worry about the character. I log onto my main and do the regular stuff.
09/08/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Gd
Where would one go to find these level 25 clusters than you can farm in under a minute? What pet team is ideal? How many teams do I need?

Depends on where you are. Panda land generally has the best areas for this. There's three spots around the legendary beasts that have high quantities of the same family pet, which make them easy. There's a spot in the vale around the legendary pet that has mostly water pets, then around kafi which has mainly beast pets, and around lucky which has mainly critters. The vale and around lucky is the best because there aren't many mobs around so if you're high tailing a low level there, it's somewhat easier to stay alive when you're there.
09/08/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Gd
What pet team is ideal? How many teams do I need?

Different people here have different teams they like to level with, often featuring Chrominius, Emperor Crab or Emerald Proto-Whelp, all of which are fantastic pets. For leveling around Lucky in Valley of the Four Winds, my preference is 3 teams, so I can swap instead of mending, consisting of P/P Cornish Rex, P/P Yellow Moth and the leveler.

They'll cost you just a few silver each from vendors.
Great thanks for the info!
I'll add one more,

Icespine Hatchings in Frostfire Ridge tend to spawn in groups of 5 or more. They can be farmed with 2 Rotten Little Helpers--just make sure to drop mines before any Frostfur Rats. The first Helper should last at least 5 minutes and the next one can carry itself to the free heal. Plus, while farming, you could try to catch a rare S/S Frostfur.
09/07/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Ladygrim
It works ok but eventually you pay the price in loss of gear.I did do my last level on dk at 119 to 120 took 3 hours for a level if you can find the battles.
09/10/2018 12:38 AMPosted by Ahhsatan
09/07/2018 02:44 PMPosted by Grimthar
It works ok but eventually you pay the price in loss of gear.I did do my last level on dk at 119 to 120 took 3 hours for a level if you can find the battles.

I don’t think we are talking PVP battles here m8.
mostly, turn on warmode, use the darkmoon faire XP buffs, hit up pandaria (imo they're the quickest pet battles). i'll queue for dungeons while i'm doing it, i don't know if it's faster or slower, but it breaks up the monotony.

then ppl talking about gear, just do timewalking, get easy 320+ in a couple days. if you don't wanna be a carry, have a good timewalking set ahead of time.
I leveled from 100 to 108 doing pet battles. What i was really doing was leveling alot of pets during pet week, and Squirt was in Garrison. Bonus xp for pets! Bonus xp for me too! About 12000xp per pet battle. i had 60+ pets to level, and this toon had the best Garrison for it. How was it? Boring! Tedious! Effective. I was leveling pets, leveling the Toon was a happy bonus.