Time to nerf DH

Arenas
[Post removed for toxicity]

There are two graphs on the page you linked: one shows class distribution against rating, the other shows class distribution over time. I assume, because of your reference to the last 3-4 days, you're referring to the latter. If this is the case, you might double check the scale of the graph: it appears to cover the last 5 years and only has a resolution of 475 pixels wide. Presumably one pixel would be equal to around 4 days, so unless you see a single line segment going straight up, I have no idea how you could defend your claim that DHs have seen a marked increase over the past 3-4 days.

Additionally, given the incredibly short window you're discussing, making any sort of forecast, or even trying to suggest why such a surge might occur is deeply problematic. Is it a sudden realization that DH is op? Is it a result of people jumping off of other FotMs and trying out new classes? Is it entirely random? Difficult to say.

Finally, though you are correct that there is a surge represented in the last two or so pixels, it's entirely relevant to point out that an even sharper decline over the 4-5 pixels immediately precedes it. I doubt any statistician worth their salt would attempt to make any statement about the last couple of weeks regarding representation as evidence of class strength - especially not a graph that represents that entire stretch in a handful of pixels.
09/10/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Elementalqti
I dont get your point?? DH isnt even top 15 in 1800+..

[Post removed for toxicity]

are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that arenas have been out ONE WEEK and people are just finding their groove and right comp/teammates ? Sounds more realistic to me.

Have you even been at these ranks to post those stats?
People for some reason neglect to realize DH barely has self heal and can get bursted just as hard as they burst. It’s a trade off survivability for damage ...
09/10/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Carmelo
When a class is completely out of line it needs to be nerfed for the health of the game.

When specs aren't completely out of line until everything that was doing far and away better are nerfed there is in fact no issue at all.

The only thing that happens with constant nerfs is it gives players another spec to whine about every few weeks because something is going to be 'the best', even if it's by attrition.
I think it's the Arms warriors that are OP as they make DH look way better than they are. DH don't have a way to MS people but warriors provide that and more. Our damage could use a pvp nerf on either barrage or eye beam but everything else seems fine. Maybe rain from above could do a little less damage as well but that's a pvp talent.

Problem is though, Blizzard have a tendency to over nerf classes, so who knows if blizzard will nerf a mostly balanced class to oblivion or nerf it slightly. I'm guessing the former.
09/10/2018 11:33 PMPosted by Tielendal
I dont get your point?? DH isnt even top 15 in 1800+..
Fua biggest pleb, can't even understand simple statistics lmfao.
Ill explain it nice and slow for you so you understand mr dh.

It's showing the amount of a classes above 1800 and how much % are playing that class over a time frame.
You can very clearly see in the last 3-4 days people have realised how op dhs are and started playing them atraight away. Hence why the dh playerbase above 1800 has went up over 15% while also getting way more rating points on average.
Not hard to read a graph buddy lol

There are two graphs on the page you linked: one shows class distribution against rating, the other shows class distribution over time. I assume, because of your reference to the last 3-4 days, you're referring to the latter. If this is the case, you might double check the scale of the graph: it appears to cover the last 5 years and only has a resolution of 475 pixels wide. Presumably one pixel would be equal to around 4 days, so unless you see a single line segment going straight up, I have no idea how you could defend your claim that DHs have seen a marked increase over the past 3-4 days.

Additionally, given the incredibly short window you're discussing, making any sort of forecast, or even trying to suggest why such a surge might occur is deeply problematic. Is it a sudden realization that DH is op? Is it a result of people jumping off of other FotMs and trying out new classes? Is it entirely random? Difficult to say.

Finally, though you are correct that there is a surge represented in the last two or so pixels, it's entirely relevant to point out that an even sharper decline over the 4-5 pixels immediately precedes it. I doubt any statistician worth their salt would attempt to make any statement about the last couple of weeks regarding representation as evidence of class strength - especially not a graph that represents that entire stretch in a handful of pixels.

Hahaha another one can't even understand 2 graphs, says alot about these dhs players ;)
Top is current season us/eu this season updated as of 10th of sep.
Bottom is completely irrelevant because its a history graph hence why it has a graph of 4-5 years.
TBH as someone who hasn't played since wotlk the mobility/self healing/plethora of ability's that do damage from range that melee classes have is hilarious.
well they better increase chaos strike an annihilate damage if they wanna nerf us
DH only super strong in bgs
arms way worse
Pikaboo and whaazz have both said dh is dumb right now
09/11/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Awdawefaegf
Pikaboo and whaazz have both said dh is dumb right now
Pikaboo? the rogue? lol he/she is saying DH is dumb whilst playing a rogue? are you kidding me? have you seen assass dps? or sub in duels?
Although My main is a dh, I want to nerf to this class. Because to be so strong is not funny.when I see another class around the world , i just forced him to use his defensive cd and i use death from above and guess what? Rip :). I am usually at demon form. My all hit give me heal, eye beam is so op, i have stuns, defensive skills , high mobility, high burst damage etc. i killed yesterday (with my low gear ,you can check my char) 3 ppl at the same time and one of them was a healer.was it funny? No. I want to balance them.
10/13/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Summat
Although My main is a dh, I want to nerf to this class. Because to be so strong is not funny.when I see another class around the world , i just forced him to use his defensive cd and i use death from above and guess what? Rip :). I am usually at demon form. My all hit give me heal, eye beam is so op, i have stuns, defensive skills , high mobility, high burst damage etc. i killed yesterday (with my low gear ,you can check my char) 3 ppl at the same time and one of them was a healer.was it funny? No. I want to balance them.

Three's Company: 1550

Earn a 1550 personal rating in the 3v3 bracket of the arena.

03/01/2017
10/13/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Prigil
10/13/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Summat

Three's Company: 1550

Earn a 1550 personal rating in the 3v3 bracket of the arena.

03/01/2017

Think. I am too low, but i can beat every class. Got it? ( my main is in eu server with 2,2k dont worry )
09/10/2018 09:23 AMPosted by Ceejaee
Can we just stop constantly calling for nerfs every single day? It's getting old. And no I don't even have a DH nor have I ever played one but damn this forum is just a revolving door that cycles a new class every day for people to cry about.

There's a ton of classes/specs in the game and none of them will ever be 100% equal, something will always be on top and something will always be bottom. This doesn't mean we constantly nerf whatever is on top because something else will just take its place and where does it end? When does it stop? What really matters is how big the gap is between the top and bottom.

People are starting to cry for nerfs on specs nobody was even talking about a week or two ago, its getting pretty dumb.

its funny how this comment gets upvoted after the rogue nerfs. pre-rogue nerf any comment like this would be mocked and accused of having a rogue etc etc.