Stromgarde is a slap in the face to players.

General Discussion
So ive been grinding for weeks to reach 340+.

Now a fresh dinging 120 noob wearing greens can spam Stromgarde for a couple of days and get fully decked out in 340+ gear?

WTH blizz. do you have no respect for your players time?

….am I missing something here? ….or is this just some messed up hamster wheel to keep casuals happy?

[edited by Forum Moderator: Please review the Code of Conduct we have available as a guide for forum use to prevent any future action. This post has been edited for bypassing the mature language filter.]
Well given that so many people were cheating to get ahead, I think they had to bring in catch-up mechanics eventually or else they would end up having to ban everyone.
I don’t think a fresh toon can as they need the grind at least what 5600 rep into revered to ublock the needed stuff for the war campaign.
340 isn't even that high anymore. What are you complaining about?
09/09/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Matrix

Now a fresh dinging 120 noob wearing greens can spam Stromgarde for a couple of days and get fully decked out in 340+ gear?

….am I missing something here? ….or is this just some messed up hamster wheel to keep casuals happy?

How can you possibly have played this long and failed to notice the Gear Hamster Wheel?
Slap in the face!
340 was high like last week now seems everything is normal at 355+ to "catch" up.
09/10/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Duras
I don’t think a fresh toon can as they need the grind at least what 5600 rep into revered to ublock the needed stuff for the war campaign.

You do not. My Horde DH does not even have the third access point on Kul Tiras unlocked, has not done any honorbound rep grinding, and is currently gearing in 340 gear from the warfront with that 370 gear from the quest being my wrist slot with Haste and Versatility (which is supposedly my best secondary stats).
09/10/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Elae
Well given that so many people were cheating to get ahead, I think they had to bring in catch-up mechanics eventually or else they would end up having to ban everyone.

I am waiting for Alliance to notice they do not get the loot pinata for another week. Lol
oh my, not a few weeks.
09/09/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Matrix

you call that grinding? i don't think you should have gear either as ive worked a lot harder for mine.

In your opinion I'm clearly right, delete your gear immediately.
Hopefully you had some foresight to realize that while you were grinding for weeks to hit 340 the first day raids launched you'd have access to much much more powerful gear right?

I've been saying this for a long time now. 340 gear is not good. It's the worst among any end game epic. It's the baseline any character should be to start the real gear grind. In another month people will easily be 385 item level.

I hope that is clear to anyone concerned for any reason over 340 gear. It's basically vieled argunite gear. 910 when everyone has 940s from 5 mans.
09/10/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Thanory
09/10/2018 03:50 AMPosted by Elae

I am waiting for Alliance to notice they do not get the loot pinata for another week. Lol

Oh they noticed yesterday. I promise you.
09/10/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Iirissa

You do not. My Horde DH does not even have the third access point on Kul Tiras unlocked, has not done any honorbound rep grinding, and is currently gearing in 340 gear from the warfront with that 370 gear from the quest being my wrist slot with Haste and Versatility (which is supposedly my best secondary stats).

In fact this is the character I mentioned, go take a look.

My Honorbound is friendly and I got 5 pieces of Warfront gear on.

This character was a fresh 120 and only recently completed the part 2 of the story of Zandalar and has not touched any dungeons above normal.
It will be available for what, 1 week out of a month for each faction? People who hit 120 in the other weeks are still going to have to grind for gear.

How about instead of crying about non-issues like this, we focus on how awful it feels to get 340+ azerite gear with trash traits or requirements so high it will be another week or two before it's useful.
09/10/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Iirissa

There's a chunk of bfa stuff that you only need to unlock once. For example, outposts: unlock those and your alt's just need to run to the spot to get the Flight point. And SoB and KR dungeons: my alt can do these now that I've unlocked them on my main.

Warfronts are probably another account or faction-wide unlock.
09/10/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Tinkerizmo

There's a chunk of bfa stuff that you only need to unlock once. For example, outposts: unlock those and your alt's just need to run to the spot to get the Flight point. And SoB and KR dungeons: my alt can do these now that I've unlocked them on my main.

Warfronts are probably another account or faction-wide unlock.

Which they apparently do not need revered, as the highest rep of 7th Legion/Honorbound I have is honored.

The only possible thing I can think of is that when you have all 3 landing points or unlocked island expeditions then you have warfronts as well.

Which you have Island Expeditions at 116 and the last landing point at 118. Which would mean a fresh 120 would still be able to pick up the quests.

Edit: I just looked it up on WoWhead. You just need to have unlocked World Quests (friendly with all 3 zone factions for your faction) and you can do Warfronts. Which a fresh 120 would have.