Discussion What's the dumbest reason you've been kicked from a group?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Was in heroic Atal'Dazar with a group of three from the same guild called sadboys an unsavory bunch they were. They kept wiping on trash and i said something like sadboys indeed. Kicked. I probably deserved it but got new group don't care.
For being a hunter in cata, right as the dungeon finder started, not a word said, not a mob pulled, 20 sec later kicked.
I'm a Fire Mage. The only reason I've ever been kicked from a group was for pulling half the dungeon.
The only reason I didn't get kicked tonight was because my guild likes me for some reason.
Sorry MUSE :D
Back in the day I got kicked from a group when they found out I had +2000 healing.

They wanted someone with +1000 at least.
week 1.5 in BFA, "not having pathfinder part one". Mythic.
I let the tank die a couple of times. Sue me. Maybe he wouldn't die if he didn't pull aggro and take damage. I tried explaining that to the group but that just made them angrier. Also I accidentally pulled a bunch of trash mobs and tried to blame it on a dps. Also I bop the tanks a lot just to see if they're quick enough to de-click the buff and regain aggro before a dps gets melted.
"We need an Arms Warrior"

ugh.
was kicked on my hunter because the group thought i had growl on...
the warlock had their voidwalker out yet i was the one blamed....

also i still remember the best reason to kick someone ever.
"taco bell"
not joking. back in MoP a pug group i was in kicked someone for that very reason
Denying strangers my political/religion affliction during middle of tanking a boss and been removed from group.

Later gotten a whisper from this <Censored> blaming me that it was all my fault. (I am guessing they wiped) Then insulted him by calling him a sexually confused gopher.
I almost got kicked today for Pulling the room before we did the boss. Dude complained because "we don't need to do them" and dies mid fight to extra adds...
usually i never know. i'll just get a loading screen and see "you have been removed from group" in the chat window. then i work on resisting the urge to post a rant about it over here.

for the removals i knew about, it was usually due to my incompetence (on alt classes) to perform my role, or because my ISP flaked up and got me disconnected (since expac launch i have never seen less than 300ms ping)
Not being able to get up that one ramp of Skyreach when it was new. It was my first time there and I think that's the last time I've ever been kicked in general so that was 5 years ago? It was a group of obnoxious losers anyway.
I got kicked from a wailing caverns run for picking serpentbloom before the lizard fight.. or was it during.. minor details...
Not doing enough damage in a boss fight. I was dead for most of it. didn't even stand in the fire or anything. Just died to a DoT effect. Healer kicked me and the tank complained he was out DPSing me. Easy to out DPS a dead character.
Simply asking what direction to go for the bosses in the drustvar dungeon
09/08/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Seraley
Was in heroic Atal'Dazar with a group of three from the same guild called sadboys an unsavory bunch they were. They kept wiping on trash and i said something like sadboys indeed. Kicked. I probably deserved it but got new group don't care.
Back in the middle of Legion, I stepped into an LFR Emerald Nightmare after we'd moved on to Nighthold. I was in mostly heroic Nighthold gear, and just needed to finish up a weekly run to try for shards and stuff. Kept my head down, said nothing, didn't make waves, didn't want to have much to do with it but get it done and be over with it.

Only, due to ilvl my dps was way out ahead of the next person.

I got a whisper from someone in the group that started cursing at me for being "elitist" and that I shouldn't be in LFR because my dps was too high.

I politely responded to them "I'm just here to do a quest."

And then it kicked into high gear. The guy went bonkers. Strings of profanity calling me all manner of ill things in whispers. Then he starts saying to kick me. Next thing I know I'm not in the group any more and getting ported out of the instance.

I wound up reporting his verbal transgressions, but it was just silly. Right after it happened a couple of people whispered me something to the effect of "Oh, shoot, I didn't mean to vote to kick you, I thought they were saying to kick someone else".

Fun times.
Tank died in a TW dungeon. Thinking fast, I toggled on Growl for my pet and let him tank the trash so we killed it. After tank rezzed, they said I shouldn't have growl on and kicked me.

I didn't try to argue or make sense of it, just laughed it off and queued again. :D
A random normal when I was leveling my paladin. In Shrine of the Storm the prot warrior kept holding the mob that does Rune of protection and Etch (cant remember its name) inside the rune, so we were hitting it for a good minute and barely scratching it. I said: "Hey tank, can you move this? We cant hurt it in the ward".

He said: "bye rude guy" and a couple moments later I was on a loading screen to Zuldazar.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back in Cata, Wailing Caverns run. Pretty smooth run, not really any issues. We clear the first half of the dungeon, everyone goes back to the entrance. I go to the other area instead and politely mention we still have to do the other side.

Three seconds later I get a loading screen. I just..sometimes I don't even know.
Thankfully I don’t have many stories in this category, but the last time I remember was (I think) during the earlier parts of a heroic Neth’s Lair where I was just suddenly removed without warning after not having said a thing the entire time. I never did figure it out.

09/08/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Hunjabu
Tank died in a TW dungeon. Thinking fast, I toggled on Growl for my pet and let him tank the trash so we killed it. After tank rezzed, they said I shouldn't have growl on and kicked me.

I didn't try to argue or make sense of it, just laughed it off and queued again. :D

Wow, that’s literally the one time growl should be turned on in dungeons…