Discussion What's the dumbest reason you've been kicked from a group?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Not liking my transmog.
Just 2 days ago, a ret pally charged ahead on a boss in Waycrest, trying to be the tank (I was the tank). I let him tank for a minute and told him I would do so since he wanted to be the tank so badly. At the end of the boss fight, I got kicked from the group.

It is funny because I re-qued and got back into a group within 20 seconds, while they most likely had to wait a few for another tank to come in.

I never have more than 20 seconds or so in a dungeon que as a tank, so vote kick me all you want!
I've been playing since Vanilla so I have a lot of random instances:
-Got kicked on my mage for not summoning people.
- Was kicked for actually wanting to do the instance (Occulus)
- Not being an armor class that matched someone in the group
- For being an armor class that matched someone in group
- For healing as a healer
The dumbest reason was getting kicked for not healing a group.

What had happened though was that a dps had aggroed the boss before everyone was in there, so I was trapped outside and couldn't heal if I wanted to.

I was told this because a guild member of mine was in the same group. People were pissed at the kicker.
09/09/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Marott

What had happened though was that a dps had aggroed the boss before everyone was in there, so I was trapped outside and couldn't heal if I wanted to.

I was told this because a guild member of mine was in the same group. People were pissed at the kicker.

If people were pissed at the kicker why did they vote yes?
During WoD on my other shaman in Bloodmaul Slag Mines, was told they need someone really strong to carry their friend......

I was doing around 30-40k per trash mobs & the first boss fight, everyone was doing around 15k and their "friend" was 5k 0_0

Guess they wanted a mythic geared player with max ring doing about 80k.
I kicked myself for being in a full BR group.

Would call that smart tho.
I don't know, I don't insult players in chat or use foul language. The last time I got kicked out of a dungeon was while I leveled a holy priest but played it as a dps(queued it as a dps). Someone really didn't like me topping the dps and playing a holy priest as a dps.
I usually get kicked for valid reasons like opening up a portal to Dalaran crater or tapping the initial mob in BrF so that they would completely converge on the raid #invis and out.

I'd even say, "Save yourselves! Take the portal!", but it'd be a portal to Dalaran crater.
09/08/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Chroesire
Thankfully I don’t have many stories in this category, but the last time I remember was (I think) during the earlier parts of a heroic Neth’s Lair where I was just suddenly removed without warning after not having said a thing the entire time. I never did figure it out.

[/quote]

It was because we couldn't pronounce your name.
09/08/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Pôwder
i was kicked from a guild for being too old. lol we (the guild in question) hadn't even raided yet or even did a guild dungeon run. the guild leader told me that i needed to find a guild of older, smart people lol i felt bad for him cause you could tell he was not happy about kicking me but i was apparently making the rest of the guild feel like they were "playing wow with their mom"
man my old guild had 2 wow moms and like 7 younger females way back in WoTLK we loved our gamer girls.
in wod, on that bird boss where you're supposed to hide behind a pillar, my group stood right out in front and died. they then called me a noob tank for not giving them commanding shout.

thats the kind of player blizzard caters to nowadays.
I've only been kicked once and it was a /facepalm. I was tanking in Cata and trying to gear up. At the start of the dungeon this dps just charges in and pulled three groups of mobs, I couldn't pick everything up, we nearly died. I tried to kick him. Next thing I know I was kicked......turns out it was a guild run and I was the odd woman out :D

Anywho, ever since then whenever I tank I go by, "You pull it you tank it." Less frustrating and I get a good laugh if they die, even if they kick me for it.
09/09/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Miraclewhip
09/09/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Marott

If people were pissed at the kicker why did they vote yes?

Most likely because, as in real life most people are followers and assume whoever pushed the kick button was a person in authority who actually knew what they were doing and sadly would rather follow the assumed knowledgeable person then make a stand, vote no and possibly get ridiculed.

On a side note, I have actually left two groups hanging and immediately left after noticing a player being booted without good cause. Both times I remember thinking "if your going to be toxic and screw with this player for no valid reason, then it's time for you to get yours as well" and had no problem backing up those cast without any valid reason.
maybe they should get rid of vote kicking? What's the worst that could happen? 20 more minutes with jerks?
There was a hunter that didn't have his pets attacking anything, and was doing less than half the DPS of the tank. He'd just stand there doing nothing waiting for us to continue killing mobs in a heroic dungeon. He was even told to take growl off. I initiated a vote-kick and got threatened and cursed at. I told them to be careful since Blizzard doesn't take cursing lightly, and as if Blizzard's rules were MY rules, they proceeded to use some adjectives and nouns (I reported them). Then I was kicked.
At the start of Legion I was running a TW dungeon on my druid. I had only done my Resto artifact, but didn't want to heal, so I queued as dps and used balance affinity. Things were going well until the healer noticed I wasn't actually balance spec and called me out on it. I explained myself, and said there shouldn't be a problem since I queued as dps and was performing the role I queued for (after waiting in a 15 min queue!), AND I was doing better than some of the 'real' dps.

"You have been removed from the group."

Another time I queued for a random heroic, and joined an in progress run. They were in the middle of killing a boss so I couldn't zone in... I asked in chat for them to let me know when combat ended so I could zone in. Next thing I see in chat is "Kick the afk dps." I was like "Noooo I'm not afk! I can't zone in when you guys are fighting a boss!"

"You have been removed from the group."

Well ok then.
I asked for 30 seconds to relog because my party frames weren't showing even after a /reload.

I'm the healer. I kind of need to see my party frames.
Was on my hunter in some part of Dire Maul and somebody went running ahead to pull mobs because the tank went AFK the second he got into the instance. Healer starts healing the DPS, the mobs all run over to kill the healer, I send my pet to gather up the mobs and keep the healer from dying. Got vote kicked because people assumed I was the one pulling.
I didn't have The Lightbringer title at the beginning of Cataclysm, so a group of 4 trolled me relentlessly and kicked me from the group.