Go Back to MoP Class Design.

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
I had problems with certain elements of MoP Class design, namely the new talent trees. But all of my gripes back then are just completely trivial in light of what's come since.

Can this company just realize that they dropped the ball in WoD and classes really haven't been fun since then?

5.4 Class Design should be used as a starting point for abilities/talents going forward.

I'm sick of having niche spells taken away, I'm sick of having baseline utility scrapped and handed back as a talent, I'm tired of my class being reinvented to be completely unrecognizable from what it was when I rolled the character.

Just go back. Don't try to "improve" this mess, don't "iterate" on it. You've been trying that since 6.0, and it's still complete garbage.
I generally agree. Much preferred ability bloat to ability starvation.

Seriously at this point they should be adding more action bars. Not even kidding
5.4 <3, please take me back blizzard .
They aren't making these changes for us. It's to allow their skeleton crew to balance easier, and also so people can watch MDI and understand what's happening with less background knowledge. They want people to see them and become interested in the game.
MoP was the glory day for Fury Warrior imo. We still had Heroic Strike, Boodthirst worked with crit (I would already have 32% chance to Enrage with it back then, now it's only 30%) Raging Blow actually did damage, Heroic Leap didn't fail to work 70% of the time, old Recklessness was better than new Recklessness.

And most of all, Warrior banners. Why did they even get rid of these. Man I miss banners.

MoP was honestly my favourite expansion, every raid was top tier (Heart of Fear didn't happen shut up) world bosses made a comeback, the world was beautiful. You could actually fly at max level, and guess what Ion? IT DIDN'T RUIN IMMERSION! DPS specs were more balanced than they are now, there was so much great about MoP. Damn I miss it, still vividly remember tanking Will of the Emperor because of how much I loved that fight as a tank.
09/10/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Orthane
MoP was the glory day for Fury Warrior imo. We still had Heroic Strike, Boodthirst worked with crit (I would already have 32% chance to Enrage with it back then, now it's only 30%) Raging Blow actually did damage, Heroic Leap didn't fail to work 70% of the time, old Recklessness was better than new Recklessness.

And most of all, Warrior banners. Why did they even get rid of these. Man I miss banners.

MoP was honestly my favourite expansion, every raid was top tier (Heart of Fear didn't happen shut up) world bosses made a comeback, the world was beautiful. You could actually fly at max level, and guess what Ion? IT DIDN'T RUIN IMMERSION! DPS specs were more balanced than they are now, there was so much great about MoP. Damn I miss it, still vividly remember tanking Will of the Emperor because of how much I loved that fight as a tank.

I remember stacking so much crit I had 48~% chance to crit and crit was still my best secondary. I couldn't have enough of it. It was nice, Arms was well designed and was the go-to cleave and AoE spec.

I like Arms as it is now (though SS could be off the GCD), but Fury is just.. bad. It's uninspired, feels like it does no damage (because it doesn't), and the stark difference between being enraged and not is abrupt.
@Orthane

MoP was actually the expansion I came back to my warrior after the WotLK-Cata DK spree.

Man the class was in a good state back then. Baseline stances, good plays with banners, heroic strike, etc.

It was actually really satisfying to lose an arena match and think about how I could have used my abilities better to avoid that. It was fun to use niche PvP-based abilities in PvE content to improve just a tiny bit.

I really haven't had much fun at all on this character since WoD launched. Unfortunately the only other classes I play are DK, which is just as bad if not worse mechanically, and DH where I'm not a fan of the BfA changes at all.
no, stop whining, it's ok

MoP was a traffic jam ability wise anyways

the game evolves, I don't know how I feel about this all-GCD scheme (not really on board with that) but it's ok
09/10/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Zahruk

It's not "whining" to be dissatisfied that your class has been a hollow shell of itself for years now.

No, it wasn't. If you felt that way, stack more intellect. It's a l2p issue on your end.

the game evolves,

I remember hearing that during WoD pruning. You know what happened? The brain trust at Irvine lost over half of their subscribers in under a year.

I don't know how I feel about this all-GCD scheme

If you don't know how to feel about a massive change like that, your opinion is literally irrelevant.
09/10/2018 01:56 AMPosted by Zahruk

the game evolves, I don't know how I feel about this all-GCD scheme (not really on board with that) but it's ok

You mean evolve into much worse?

The class balance this pass two expansion is crap, if that isn’t enough they pruning so much ability that the class doesnt even feel like a class anymore.

It so boring.
Yes, please! MoP was a glorious time to be Demo warlock.
I've played about six different classes so far in BFA and every single one of them feels like an objectively worse and less fun version of what they were in Legion, let alone what they were in earlier expansions.

I dont know how anyone can find this crap fun to play.
I just dont know why they feel they have to do a complete rehaul of classes every new release..
09/10/2018 02:11 AMPosted by Ahàron
I just dont know why they feel they have to do a complete rehaul of classes every new release..

I don't like it either, but I also can't stand the way my classes currently function.

If nothing else, I'll take 1 more reroll just for the chance that we end up back at 5.4
I think specifically Warriors had ability bloat in MoP.

Basically no one else. That said I still like how most specs play today and am not sure MoP is better for most [beyond the obvious "casters got mobility!" bit that was totally broken]. For example: My AoE as Ele was "Chain Lighting". Forever. And ever. And ever. And it was OP as hell for that literal 1 button. That's not great design.
09/10/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Vaenaru

No, we didn't.
I had a lot of classes and specs I liked to play back in MoP. I have a few I can grit my teeth through now. I think the class design now is objectively worse in almost every way.
I miss my holy power as prot.
09/10/2018 02:21 AMPosted by Reesespieces
09/10/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Vaenaru

No, we didn't.

OP, let me in your guild.