Go Back to MoP Class Design.

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
Blizz just keeps trying to reinvent the wheel.
Personally I wish there was deeper customization for every spec. It would be a balancing nightmare for Blizzard which is why it would never happen.

Also I'm trying to understand why Blizzard deleted glyphs then gave us Azerite gear. Azerite gear is basically RNG glyphs!! WTH BLIZZARD?!?! Seriously why break something that worked well. Just delete this garbage Azerite system everyone hates and bring back glyphs.

Step 1. Admit failure.
Step 2. Delete trash azerite system.
Step 3. Bring back glyphs.
Step 4. Allow Helm/Shoulders/Chest to drop from M+.

You're Welcome
09/15/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Daarkk
And somehow despite all the complaints about the gcd changes dumbing down the game or reduced complexity it is super comedy to still see the majority of players stilling doing 50% of the dps they should be.

The thing is, you can't make people learn about their class in a more in-depth manner if they don't want to. You can expose them to the information, literally tell them what they're doing wrong - but it won't do a thing if they aren't willing to learn.

How many people in other, 'simpler' games, are performing subpar or terribly? I would say the number is pretty high. Look to League, Fortnite, GW2, Assassin's Creed, Tetris, etc - you'll see a lot of people bumbling about on their phones or whatever console/system they're using, and I bet you at least half of the players for those games are playing at 50% or lower compared to the top tier.
09/15/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Exposed
Also I'm trying to understand why Blizzard deleted glyphs then gave us Azerite gear. Azerite gear is basically RNG glyphs!! WTH BLIZZARD?!?! Seriously why break something that worked well. Just delete this garbage Azerite system everyone hates and bring back glyphs.

[/quote]

Because they somehow got it into their heads while making WoD that RNG=excitement. When players decided it wasn't, they thought it must be because we needed more RNG in Legion. When players again said it wasn't what they wanted, they thought the answer was EVEN MORE RNG in BFA. We see how well that is going for them.

As to the OP, I agree. MOP was a pretty sweet spot for most classes/specs. I started playing in Wrath, not long before the dungeon finder patch or the ICC patch. Never unsubbed after I started playing there. Cata came out, loved it, kept playing all through, started raiding, I had a grand old time. MOP came out, still loved the game, it had it's issues with the Pandaria XP at first and the dailies, but it was probably the most solid expac they've ever done. 5.1 with Landfalll, 5.2 with the ToT and the island, 5.3 slowed down a bit and 5.4 was pretty good. Obviously, SoO was out for too long, but I'd been used to that from previous expacs. And, honestly, I didn't mind it because it made it feel like when they said the next expac will be ready when it's ready, they meant it.

But, then WoD came out, after the selfie patch, I unsubbed for the first time. Took a year off, when they announced flight was coming back, I resubbed to check it out. After I got flight, I unsubbed again until Legion. Same thing, I was there, then unsubbed, came back for the broken shore got my flight and my class mounts, I was subbed until Argus hit initially, got tired of the same old crap and unsubbed again until a couple months before BFA hit and they suckered me again with the expac. I went to try to get a refund after 7.3.5 hit with the XP nerfs but since I'd already unlocked an allied race, they said they couldn't give me a refund. So, I tried out BFA...my sub ends in a month. I won't be re-subbing again unless they make some drastic changes to their model.
They probably wont, it'll crush their precious ego too much to do so.
Been missing the skill ceiling we had during MoP. Anyone who's familiar with playing the game can pick up any spec and master it within a week. It's so boring.
I was playing a protection warrior back in Mists of Pandaria then not a holy priest, but I gotta say it was probably the most fun time I've had with my protection warrior.

Towards the end I was pretty much the Terminator though. Outside of raids I could have 25 mobs on me but with Vengeance and Shield Barrier I would mow them all down, and I could get pretty far on my own in dungeons. And blood death knights were even crazier. Fun times, fun times. :D
09/15/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Exposed
Step 1. Admit failure.
Step 2. Delete trash azerite system.
Step 3. Bring back glyphs.
Step 4. Allow Helm/Shoulders/Chest to drop from M+.

Bring back talent trees because they've done a bad job balancing the current ones.
09/15/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Foctordreeze
Been missing the skill ceiling we had during MoP. Anyone who's familiar with playing the game can pick up any spec and master it within a week. It's so boring.

I was a "Good" player in MoP, but I was friends with a "Great" player (Cleared original Naxx 40. Multiglad, raided US top 10 in a number of expansions), who also happened to be a warrior.

While I could outperform most warriors I came across, he absolutely blew ahead of me. It was always fun talking to him and hearing about things the class was capable of that I wanted to try out.

I still remember the time he told me about a DPS race between him and his guild's loot-saturated shaman on H Spirit Kings progression. Apparently the Shaman tried to Hex him to pull ahead, and he spell reflected it.

I haven't heard fun stories like that in a while.
09/14/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Byucknah
In terms of rotation and class skills however, I honestly believe Legion was a pretty big improvement for a lot of classes.

I hated Arms build post MoP.

Having to rely on Colossus Smash (a long CD and procs) for heavy damage just was not fun. I ended up levelling my warrior in Warlords by going Prot. And it was a more fluid and fun spec to play Prot than it was to play Arms.

Also, Discipline's current iteration just is not fun. It's clunky and awkward.

Shadow and their whole insanity garbage is not fun. It's all about the burst, which sucks when you're going through trash.

Just three examples right there of specs that were not improved after MoP but made worse.
Yes blizzard bring back mop class design.

Just make sure to make everyone a ret paladin they gonna love it!

rofl.

If you were warrior, warlock, hunter, druid or a healer(lookign at you disc) the desgin was really really good. Mostly because they were retarded OP. Anythign but that it was just horrendous to play, i still remeber geeting oom after 2 flash of lights and having recovered less HP than bandages till ate x.2 patch
09/15/2018 07:04 PMPosted by Rickrolling
Yes blizzard bring back mop class design.

Just make sure to make everyone a ret paladin they gonna love it!

rofl.

If you were warrior, warlock, hunter, druid or a healer(lookign at you disc) the desgin was really really good. Mostly because they were retarded OP. Anythign but that it was just horrendous to play, i still remeber geeting oom after 2 flash of lights and having recovered less HP than bandages till ate x.2 patch

Male Human Paladin defending post-MoP class design tells us everything we need to know.

I'd unironically enjoy warrior more if I had MoP mechanics with a 50% damage nerf to everything. Modern class design is just that painful.

Oh, and I played the Hell out of DK too (even went into the expansion maining it). That was also significantly better then, than it has been at any point since. Are you going to update that cute little "only good because OP" list now?
I had a blast Fistweaving in MoP. I'm trying Disc to get that niche back and it's... not even close to as fun.
MoP was glorious literal perfection. Everyone felt OP. It was the glory day of Fury? It was the pinnacle Of Destro! Even Eles werent !@#$ back then!
This game used to be so good up till MoP; classes (the MOST important aspect to any mmo) had so much thought and complexity. They were FUN.

Now literally EVERY spec in the game has only like 3-5 core dps abilities. Those controllables that you can click to enter have MORE dps abilities than a lot of the DPS spec's baseline (like BM Hunter's THREE abilites LOL what a disaster).

This game is so boring now, I can't even think about playing it ever again until MoP classes return. There's NO reason to not do it. WHAT does having 5 abilities per spec do??? WHO likes that in an MMORPG??? THIS IS NOT A MOBA. I guarantee this change alone will make the game infinitely more fun. If the classes are boring, then NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. Great content means nothing if the classes you are playing are so pruned and boring.

I will NEVER resubscribe to this atrocious game until all classes are reverted to Mists of Pandaria and related systems such as major glyphs, default gem sockets, reforging, etc.

REVERT TO 5.4 CLASSES. BRING BACK MAJOR GLYPHS. BRING BACK REFORGING. BRING BACK BASELINE MULTIPLE GEM SOCKETS ON GEAR. BRIMG BACK META GEMS. BRING BACK ENCHANTING EVERY PIECE OF GEAR. BRING BACK THE 3RD WEAPON SLOT. BRING BACK OUR CUSTOMIZATION. MAKE WOW AN RPG AGAIN.

We hate Blizzard. We used to love Blizzard.
09/15/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Frinkles
MoP was glorious literal perfection. Everyone felt OP. It was the glory day of Fury? It was the pinnacle Of Destro! Even Eles werent !@#$ back then!

MOP was probably the height of "bring the player not the class" although that is always an issue somewhere.

You had classes that were still classes and specializations that were just that and not as Ion stated the other night, "36 different classes".

You had strong core rotations that probably did have some unnecessary clutter but you also had lots of extra utility and niche buttons that the truly knowledgeable strong spec/class player could use to really set themselves apart from the pack and shine.

Players weren't force fed into doing content they didn't like and had multiple paths to speed up the ones that were more or less required. As an example: getting Black Prince rep from something like 1/2 of the raids, getting it in addition to your Sunreaver Isle of Thunder rep, and being able to stand around killing Mogu on the Isle of Thunder while needing a vendor mount to handle the green gear and trash drops and still needing trips to a mailbox to clear out cloth.

Or rep boost for alts after getting exalted on 1 character which you could get both ways via BoA rep tokens from various rare mobs.

It's also interesting that one player will consider MOP classes to be homogenized while a different player considers Legion and BFA classes to be homogenized. Homogenization remains despite 36 unique classes its just a different kind of homogenization.
Honestly, I believe if Blizzard could have gotten Warlords out earlier and avoided the 5.4 content drought (or even just tossed in something else) that MoP subscription numbers would have remained constant from the point they stabilized.

WoD would have still had it's issues, but that's another discussion entirely.
I had the exact same amount of buttons on BM in MoP, more on MM, and far less on SV than Legion SV. Button bloat never affected me in the slightest.
09/15/2018 07:19 PMPosted by Volchangar
REVERT TO 5.4 CLASSES. BRING BACK MAJOR GLYPHS. BRING BACK REFORGING. BRING BACK BASELINE MULTIPLE GEM SOCKETS ON GEAR. BRIMG BACK META GEMS. BRING BACK ENCHANTING EVERY PIECE OF GEAR. BRING BACK THE 3RD WEAPON SLOT. BRING BACK OUR CUSTOMIZATION. MAKE WOW AN RPG AGAIN.

Exactly how I feel, but in lowercase letters because I'm not a maniac.
I've felt less like I want ability bloat back in the game, and more like I wish they'd shoved that stat squish up where the sun never shines.

Everything... is... so.. slow.