Go Back to MoP Class Design.

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
Wish this post would have some traction but it will just be swept under the rug.

Blizz doesn't believe in going back to what was already proven to be a success. I would be much more interested in playing BfA if the class design wasn't so insipid. Not saying anything else isn't worthy of negative feedback, but class design is the biggest reason I have lost interest in the game.
cata was better than MOP just saying...
09/14/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Zevo
Streamlining is good. Back the old days you could mix and match abilities across multiple specializations at the same time without switching. It was fun and you were able to come up with really creative specialized characters, but it was also virtually impossible to balance properly within the game. I don't like the spaghetti wall class concept. Like you just throw a bunch of spaghetti against a wall and see whatever sticks. No I'd be really happy if all the abilities were able to fit on a single hotkey bar. There are too many situational abilities that are really just filler.

While I'm all for 'depth per bind', there are going to be particular amounts on a spec-by-spec basis where, despite adding more to the denominator (the total number of keys needed), those new minds add more than their share to the numerator (total gameplay nuance and depth fluidly and intuitively available to the spec), thus providing a greater ratio.

I also don't think most player tend to think of the truly situational spells such as Far Sight, Flare, or Eyes of the Beast as bloat. To most players, they're not going to be on the main bar; they're out of sight and out of mind, not affecting that ratio, until in the particular situation, at which point they again deserve their place. Of course, this will vary from person to person; my (anedotal, though decently high sample size) evidence merely points to this conclusion as a generality.
09/15/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Xojae
Wish this post would have some traction but it will just be swept under the rug.

Blizz doesn't believe in going back to what was already proven to be a success. I would be much more interested in playing BfA if the class design wasn't so insipid. Not saying anything else isn't worthy of negative feedback, but class design is the biggest reason I have lost interest in the game.

Honestly, I could probably trudge through Wafronts and Island Expeditions and just "suck up" the numerous other problems I have with BfA, if the vehicle through which I actually interacted with this content through was fun. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Given the amount of positive feedback and fun personal anecdotes that have been shared here, it would be nice to get some traction, but I've all but given up hope entirely since Ion said "Don't just say you don't like pruning..." with the implication that they refused to change course but, in their graciousness, were willing to tweak the worst parts of it.

I've never subscribed to the console conspiracy theory, and the idea that they've done this to focus on "depth" is just a joke. More than anything, I think they're continuing because they want auxiliary systems like the artifact and Azerite armor to continue, simply so we can have more end game progression.

Granted, I'm more than happy to have another layer of progression at end game, I just wish it wasn't a Band-Aid that came at the expense of my class. Literally ANYTHING other than something that impacts the core mechanics of my class would be acceptable.
09/14/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Byucknah
I am honestly pretty satisfied with my class design as a Paladin(Prot and Ret). Plays pretty great, enjoyable rotation, good visual design.

The only thing I would not mind seeing return from MoP days is "choice" for classes like Fury Warrior, Frost DK, ect. The choice of Two Hander, One Handers, ect. See that come back for a lot of classes, including Enhancement Shaman.

In terms of rotation and class skills however, I honestly believe Legion was a pretty big improvement for a lot of classes.

I'd love to main Fury again, but not until [Single-Minded Fury] is reinstated. [Titan's Grip] shouldn't be shoved down Warrior's throats. It's just too immersion breaking.
09/13/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Eret
rehire xelnath.

YOOOOO i almost forgot about good ol xelnath. RIP
09/15/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Kirkwood
Exactly how I feel, but in lowercase letters because I'm not a maniac.

Thanks for saying that. I agree with 99% of what the guy said but the caps is a bad look.

His heart's in the right place though.
09/15/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Skig
09/14/2018 02:53 AMPosted by Byucknah
I am honestly pretty satisfied with my class design as a Paladin(Prot and Ret). Plays pretty great, enjoyable rotation, good visual design.

The only thing I would not mind seeing return from MoP days is "choice" for classes like Fury Warrior, Frost DK, ect. The choice of Two Hander, One Handers, ect. See that come back for a lot of classes, including Enhancement Shaman.

In terms of rotation and class skills however, I honestly believe Legion was a pretty big improvement for a lot of classes.

I'd love to main Fury again, but not until [Single-Minded Fury] is reinstated. [Titan's Grip] shouldn't be shoved down Warrior's throats. It's just too immersion breaking.

"But muhh Class Fantasy."
As a Warlock I really miss WoD class design in some ways. Soul Copy was an excellent spell for Affliction, burning embers for destro, meta for demo. This time around Demo is much better than legion, but it's weak and still has some of the same issues regarding aoe, target switching, ramp up. I didn't play during MoP so I missed out on what many say is some of the best class design for warlocks. I
09/15/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Shadøw

Just remember, Frost Death Knights, a class based almost entirely on Arthas, a spec described as having the fantasy of a "slow and unstoppable juggernaut," right now has a fantasy where:

They RP walk up to mobs and... unleash a quick barrage of 1h strikes like a permanently hamstrung undead Rogue.

Nailed it, Blizz.
09/15/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Zaemon
As a Warlock I really miss WoD class design in some ways. Soul Copy was an excellent spell for Affliction, burning embers for destro, meta for demo. This time around Demo is much better than legion, but it's weak and still has some of the same issues regarding aoe, target switching, ramp up. I didn't play during MoP so I missed out on what many say is some of the best class design for warlocks. I

MOP wasnt as good as people are saying...

do people forget that rdruid with a mage in pvp, druids got iceblock right... the design wasnt as good as people remember, its just alot better than what it is now and it was the last xpac before the prune happened.

cata class design was way better.
09/15/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Rlysuicidal
09/15/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Zaemon

do people forget that rdruid with a mage in pvp, druids got iceblock right... the design wasnt as good as people remember, its just alot better than what it is now and it was the last xpac before the prune happened.

I played this guy in WotLK, my first max level character. That was my favorite probably.
As a shadowpriest, I will gladly take ANY version of shadowpriests that doesn't involve Voidform. Hell, I would GLADLY take BC version-mana battery shadowpriests where our capstone talent was Dispersion, of all things, if it means that I'll never have to deal with Voidform again.
09/15/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Rlysuicidal

Symbiosis was annoying in certain comps and it's probably one of the things I wouldn't bring back. Across the board, MoP class design beat Casterclysm class design.

Cata wasn't exactly a Godsend class-wise. Look at what happened to DKs, most notably the rune system rework.
09/15/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Sikx
As a shadowpriest, I will gladly take ANY version of shadowpriests that doesn't involve Voidform. Hell, I would GLADLY take BC version-mana battery shadowpriests where our capstone talent was Dispersion, of all things, if it means that I'll never have to deal with Voidform again.
Surrender to Madness had to be one of the most stupidest talents ever made. I'm not sure if it still kills you after you use it but they don't put much thought or creativeness into making talents.
The biggest issue going into mists was the loss of toolkits.

During Wrath the concept of Pinch-Tanking or Pinch-Healing was still a thing. Mists removed that.

I don't know how many times during Wrath that something would happen and the tank would take a dirt nap. A warrior or a DK would switch their stance/presence and start pinch-tanking. The shadow priest (or the equivalent) would slow down on DPS and start pinch-healing.

And even though the tank is taking a dirt nap, we still squeezed out a victory.

That was awesome when it happened.

And Mists all but destroyed that feeling of awesome.

So while Mists did get many things right, the loss of toolkits was one area where it went horribly wrong.
"Azerite Armor will add depth to your class. Just wait!"

*Death Strike heals you for an extra 158 health*
*Marrowrend has a chance to give you an extra charge of Bone Shield*
*Upgrades your item by 5 item levels*

This doesn't add anything to my class and it feels lackluster. They're all passives.

"We didn't realize this despite tons of feedback during Alpha and Beta. We aren't happy with it right now, despite it being the central element of this expansion. We are hoping to make alterations in the future to make it more rewarding, though! Please continue to pay us monthly while we make adjustments to maintain our subscription numbers."
MAKE WOW GREAT AGAIN!
Speaking as a MM hunter, MoP is where they finally got focus adjusted properly. The resource switch from mana to focus at the start of WotLK was choppy, and it wasn't fully refined until MoP.

As with others, it does seem to be the last expansion where I had fun playing.
09/15/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Shadøw
09/15/2018 07:52 PMPosted by Skig

Lol class fantasy.

I bet if you ask Ion if he remembers how hard he smashed that phrase into player's faces during Legion, he'd tell you he doesn't know what you're talking about.

It's all about the faction conflict these days brother.

Class fantasy doesn't exist anymore. Now we just hope our gear will have lightning bolts to splash damage passively on mobs every 30 seconds.

Real compelling.