Go Back to MoP Class Design.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
MoP class design was great. Its pretty much been all regression since then.
I am honestly pretty satisfied with my class design as a Paladin(Prot and Ret). Plays pretty great, enjoyable rotation, good visual design.

The only thing I would not mind seeing return from MoP days is "choice" for classes like Fury Warrior, Frost DK, ect. The choice of Two Hander, One Handers, ect. See that come back for a lot of classes, including Enhancement Shaman.

In terms of rotation and class skills however, I honestly believe Legion was a pretty big improvement for a lot of classes.
Its about the numbers here let Penn and Teller explain it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Z0raWIHXk
09/10/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Orthane
MoP was honestly my favourite expansion, every raid was top tier (Heart of Fear didn't happen shut up) world bosses made a comeback, the world was beautiful. You could actually fly at max level, and guess what Ion? IT DIDN'T RUIN IMMERSION! DPS specs were more balanced than they are now, there was so much great about MoP. Damn I miss it, still vividly remember tanking Will of the Emperor because of how much I loved that fight as a tank.

I actually love Heart of Fear, but aside from that I'll agree, MoP was my favorite expansion. The raids were beautiful, there was good high end content, and good content outside of raid as well.

What I would really like to go back to is not having all my "abilities" put onto external gearing systems. I preferred playing well-rounded classes that gained some small rotational or other changes via tier. I loved how classes played in Mists. I think some players would have been happy not to have so much "new" stuff every expac, just refine the great class design we had, or balance as needed, and give us more fantastic raids like Throne of Thunder, Siege of Orgrimmar, and, even Heart of Fear. And great stuff to do outside of raid as well, like Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder. People really had fun out in the world in Mists.
dooood ret pally used to have this slow but steady 'cant run from justice feel'. Motility wasent the best but it was solid.

Yeah, actually on second thought I am not a fan of our mobility. If we are going to be slow at least let us be "Unstoppably Slow". Divine Steed sure does not facilitate that idea. Cool spell though.
I agree completely, MoP was the last great class design before they turned WoW into Diablo 3.
09/10/2018 02:25 AMPosted by Aeschaa
I'm worried the real reason why they are pruning and adding the GCD stuff is to prepare WoW for next gen console launch.
Theres no way. My holy priest still has something like 14 buttons i use regularly.
I am honestly pretty satisfied with my class design as a Paladin(Prot and Ret). Plays pretty great, enjoyable rotation, good visual design.

Take a look at what locks had in MOP vs now, and then tell me that.
09/10/2018 02:08 AMPosted by Truthspeaker
Yes, please! MoP was a glorious time to be Demo warlock.

I miss the glory days

before the dark times

before the demon hunters....
Bfa Marksman hunter is the worst design I have ever seen for this spec or of any archer type class of an mmo. 3 button boring specs are not fun blizzard!
09/10/2018 04:40 AMPosted by Korvalon
That comment early was basically describing warhammer online. Mage classes that had zero mobility or healing and zero defensive option but absurd damage etc making your class different than others.

Warhammer Online could have potentially been so good if the engine wasn't total garbage. The extreme clunkiness made most of their ideas not really work, causing mass players to leave, klling future development and it never recovered from that. Can't really build on a garbage base.
I'm just sick of them drastically changing everything every god damn expansion. Why can't they just tweak/build on the previous expansions class systems rather than starting from scratch? I DON'T WANT NEW PLAYSTYLES EVERY YEAR.
https://i.imgur.com/Rm7NszE.jpg

Top layer - BFA

Middle Layer - WoD

Bottom Layer - MoP

MoP is the hailed as the best class design since... ever, and the best PvP since Wrath .

Hey guys let's remove 50% of the abilities for WoD and introdue 1-2 back per expansion as a talent even though you had it baseline before? Excellent idea, you get a raise!

Lmaooooo
09/14/2018 04:18 AMPosted by Fendfx
https://i.imgur.com/Rm7NszE.jpg

Top layer - BFA

Middle Layer - WoD

Bottom Layer - MoP

MoP is the hailed as the best class design since... ever, and the best PvP since Wrath .

Hey guys let's remove 50% of the abilities for WoD and introdue 1-2 back per expansion as a talent even though you had it baseline before? Excellent idea, you get a raise!

Lmaooooo

this is sad to look at.
OP.

Back in MoP people were complaining and saying how they missed WotLK. People will always complain when there is change. This game would be boring as heck without change after 10+ years.
09/10/2018 02:08 AMPosted by Truthspeaker
Yes, please! MoP was a glorious time to be Demo warlock.

It was. It really was. I sorely pine for the days of MoP Demo. The aesthetics alone made it worth playing.
09/10/2018 01:41 AMPosted by Reesespieces
I had problems with certain elements of MoP Class design, namely the new talent trees. But all of my gripes back then are just completely trivial in light of what's come since.

Can this company just realize that they dropped the ball in WoD and classes really haven't been fun since then?

5.4 Class Design should be used as a starting point for abilities/talents going forward.

I'm sick of having niche spells taken away, I'm sick of having baseline utility scrapped and handed back as a talent, I'm tired of my class being reinvented to be completely unrecognizable from what it was when I rolled the character.

Just go back. Don't try to "improve" this mess, don't "iterate" on it. You've been trying that since 6.0, and it's still complete garbage.

Not to mention, they are so clueless that they actually pruned DEMON HUNTERS. A class that just came out in Legion eith just 2 specs (apparently to keep abilities differentiated and relevant) was GUTTED. Vengeance had 6/7 glaive attacks in legion, down to 2 (3 if talented) in BFA...its pathetic.
I would love MoP class design, this was one of my favorite times in WoW just based off of how fun classes were to play.
Streamlining is good. Back the old days you could mix and match abilities across multiple specializations at the same time without switching. It was fun and you were able to come up with really creative specialized characters, but it was also virtually impossible to balance properly within the game. I don't like the spaghetti wall class concept. Like you just throw a bunch of spaghetti against a wall and see whatever sticks. No I'd be really happy if all the abilities were able to fit on a single hotkey bar. There are too many situational abilities that are really just filler.