Reasoning for DKs slowness?

General Discussion
09/08/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Swansdk
Is there a specific reason why dks move slow?

Class mythos really.

DK's are always slow. They're hulking juggernauts of death and they don't need to run, they need only get there.

The real question is, when are they going to be completely balanced so that each spec is effective as the other.
Ligma

You dont move any slower than any other character. We all run at the same speed actually. If you mean gap closing then thats a dif thing. You have death grip and wraith walk yes? CoI?

We have big plates.
i remember leveling this guy and was doing some dungeons as unholy

azol nerjub? (sry spelling) popped and i got into a group who was spamming it because it was, apparently, the most efficient one to grind

the group was good and didnt need me there and they plowed way ahead of me

i would occassionally catch up during the spider boss with all the adds but after the kill i would quickly fall behind and get locked out of doing the final boss

eventually, i started doing a leeeeroyesque strategy of getting to the spider boss- letting group pull and then “running” past the group through unaggrod mobs to get to the hole where you dropped through to the last boss

the group would start laughing in chat and start cheering hoping i could make it through to the boss

my only chance in the dungeons was if there was another dk tank where my loafing wasn’t as pronounced
There is no reason, we got 2 speed buffs. If a dk is moving slow in your group then he's just dumb.
ARTHASritis
One of Blizzard's numerous nerfs and retcons. They are seeing to it Death Knights match up to their concept properly as being one of the Weakest Class.

Times I wish I was still a Mage. May have been a walking toothpick but at least could improve in both power and skill from decent training and meditation...
09/08/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Zaramis

Class mythos really.

DK's are always slow. They're hulking juggernauts of death and they don't need to run, they need only get there.

The real question is, when are they going to be completely balanced so that each spec is effective as the other.

Actually the slow juggernaut of death thing is a relatively recent choice on blizzards part. Traditionally DKs have been a rather fast class going all the way back to WC3 with unholy aura and then unholy presence in earlier wow expansions.
*cries cause warlock*
You're dead. It's amazing you can move at all.
"A turtle made it to the water!"

"A deathknight made it to the raid group!"
When you're the meanest mutha in the Valley of Death, you don't need to move fast.
09/08/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Hexadecimal
09/08/2018 04:47 AMPosted by Ryaz
Paladins are even slower than DKs. Our movement ability doesn't provide innate protection like Death's Advance and Wraith Walk do.

Because we have BoF.

True. Not that it matters much against mages.
Blizzard hates death knights
They have a group and a stun
Bad at dps