Sudden Onset hotfix

Warlock
Do you think the 345% increase on sudden onset will have a meaningful impact on the azerite trait or will it continue to be sub-par?
And this effectively took away Affliction's only real "weakness".

Just wow.....
Looks to be mid tier single target and possible BiS for 3+. Also depends how this interacts with Writhe since it could make that talent relevant again too.
Yeah I saw the changes on mmo champion and wondered how this would play out. Hope for some varied game play with affliction and I truly hope for some dmg increase and QoL changes for Demo/Destro.
Sudden Onset would only really be used in M+/heavy add type situations imo where ID is ultimately better. otherwise, there's no reason not to go wracking.

edit: ^could be wrong
on beta sudden onset was bugged and did excessive damage but it fixed a large issue that affliction had in dungeon trash and still helped with single target.
it was another game once getting 1-2 of those stacked in mythics so hopefully this increase brings a similar response.
09/07/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Dzdz
Sudden Onset would only really be used in M+/heavy add type situations where ID is ultimately better. otherwise, there's no reason not to go wracking.

doesn't really do anything.

If you don't mind me asking...would you still run AC with the trait stacked in M+, or would you switch to WiA since it is already starting at 4 stacks?
Is the damage increase per tick or just overall for the whole dot duration.
09/07/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Bumboclaat
09/07/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Dzdz
Sudden Onset would only really be used in M+/heavy add type situations where ID is ultimately better. otherwise, there's no reason not to go wracking.

doesn't really do anything.

If you don't mind me asking...would you still run AC with the trait stacked in M+, or would you switch to WiA since it is already starting at 4 stacks?

still run AC.

it's just invaluable when you're running mobs around to the next pack and the GCDs you save. AC will pretty much always be the best in that situation
Thanks!
I just feel like the damage increase is that much more, over the whole course of the dot.
I wish they would tone it down and make the damage increase per tick.
Idk about M+.

But in raid you'll still want mostly wracking brilliance. Only difference now is on fights like Zul, Mythrax, Zek'voz you'll want 1 SO and 2 Wracking Brilliance instead of like 2x WBs and 1 Darkglare CD or Thunderous. Who knows, you might even want 1 WB 1 SO and 1 Darkglare CD now for most fights.

Inevitable Demise is 100% a trap on every fight but G'Huun right now. Which once they fix the staying up top to dot blobs and get 100 stacks constantly then WB will probably be better.
Well just added SO, and I can say if you swap to Writhe instead of Absolute Corruption, Agony hits like a absolute truck. Tooltip giving me 15k over 15 seconds to Corruptions 6k over 11 seconds. Fully stacked Agony ticks for well over double what Corruption does. In Mythic+, it makes trash die much faster, and your ST is better on bosses. You have to SoC more often, but man it only takes about 2 ticks for Agony to out dps Corruption on trash.

Was honestly very shocked at how good it was.
This would be fun as hell to use in pvp if ID wasn't mandatory for the heal.