Need help with RP

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Hello! So, I'm stuck. I love RP, lore, and class fantasy, but I'm having trouble picking a class for a male night elf and/or worgen. I do not want to be a druid. Unfortunately, I also want this class to have some okay survivability and enjoyment in-game. Any help with a class/character and a basic storyline? Would prefer night elf, but welcome all worgen thoughts!

Thank you!
Perhaps a rogue or hunter?

Role playing a night elf right now given the flavor of this expansion gives you a lot of options.

How did the burning of your home change you? Did you lose hope like Sylvanas wanted? Or did that only help to better focus your rage?

Perhaps even more interestingly, did you even know it happened? Maybe you weren't present for whatever reason and upon finding the tree destroyed you felt extreme guilt for not being there.

Who do you blame for letting this happen? How much do you know about the event in general? Would it make you more xenophobic toward anything even looking like Horde?

Hope this helps I was just spit balling. Kind of hard to avoid the whole, "Burning down your home" thing....
09/08/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zansamdi

Role playing a night elf right now given the flavor of this expansion gives you a lot of options.

How did the burning of your home change you? Did you lose hope like Sylvanas wanted? Or did that only help to better focus your rage?

Perhaps even more interestingly, did you even know it happened? Maybe you weren't present for whatever reason and upon finding the tree destroyed you felt extreme guilt for not being there.

Who do you blame for letting this happen? How much do you know about the event in general? Would it make you more xenophobic toward anything even looking like Horde?

Hope this helps I was just spit balling. Kind of hard to avoid the whole, "Burning down your home" thing....

I agree, a night elf would be better, maybe a background of him or her abandoning the call of nature as a druid and taking up iron and sword, it would be a good motivation for a passionate revenge story. So warrior.
09/11/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Perfectia
09/08/2018 04:27 AMPosted by Zansamdi

I agree, a night elf would be better, maybe a background of him or her abandoning the call of nature as a druid and taking up iron and sword, it would be a good motivation for a passionate revenge story. So warrior.
Pretty much all of that could equally be applied to the Worgen as well. A lot of them lost their homes for the second time to Sylvanas and the Horde.
09/08/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Matinos
Unfortunately, I also want this class to have some okay survivability and enjoyment in-game.

Warrior, monk, or priest will likely offer you the most flexibility in addition to survivability, in that you'll be able to tank or heal in your downtime for faster queues. Warrior and monk are especially good for RP in that they're an "everyman" class--ie, they can be used as the base for anything from commoners to war heroes.

Death knight has solid survivability, especially blood, but is more limited on the stories to go with them.

Hunter and rogue are also good choices, but you will face longer queue times with them for dungeons and raids given that they are a pure DPS class.
As a night elf the classes you can roll lorewise are hunter, priest (as a female), and druid. In lesser degree I’d say warrior and mage (if you consider your character as a Highborne).

And night elves have long lifespans so maybe your elf fought in the war fo the ancients and have survived 3 Legion’s invasions.
As a night elf the classes you can roll lorewise are hunter, priest (as a female), and druid. In lesser degree I’d say warrior and mage 

Did I miss a part of the lore that states that Y chromosomes block the ability to harness the Light or something? Or that night elves just have some mysterious genetic defect that doesn't let them learn how to sneak, stab, punch, or kick people?
09/13/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Seyliah
Did I miss a part of the lore that states that Y chromosomes block the ability to harness the Light or something? Or that night elves just have some mysterious genetic defect that doesn't let them learn how to sneak, stab, punch, or kick people?
It's not really a lesser known fact that up until rather recently, males were druids and females were priestesses and sentinels. They're called the Sisterhood of Elune, after all.

It's not a biological thing, it's a cultural one. Women play a more prominent role in night elven culture.
09/13/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Cannibal
09/13/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Seyliah
It's not really a lesser known fact that up until rather recently, males were druids and females were priestesses and sentinels. They're called the Sisterhood of Elune, after all.

It's not a biological thing, it's a cultural one. Women play a more prominent role in night elven culture.

No, I get that. I'm aware of the gender distribution. Just the insinuation that a male night elf priest cannot be done in a lore-abiding way kind of put me off, along with the other restrictions.

One doesn't have to be a member of the Sisterhood of Elune to be a priest, right? There are other avenues.

My main thing was that there are more lore-abiding options for a night elf than the ones that were presented. There's nothing lore-breaky about male kaldorei priests, or kaldorei monks, or kaldorei rogues, or death knights or whatever other playable classes are on there that weren't included.
Rogues have good survivability but downside is being only dps. Warrior gives you heavier armor and you can tank for faster queues.

If you don't mind being non traditional monk is an option, they could have learned from Pandaren in recent years.

Also male priests and female druids do exist but they're rare. So you could go male priest if you want to.
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Druid_and_Priest_Statue_Set
Sub rogue is insane right now (its not as hard to play as some people make it out to be either) but they are a tad low on the survivability side. Id choose worgen (lycanthropy is cool and provides an immediate “abyss” to pull your character out of) and go survival hunter which is soooooo fun right now, and they have great sustain, decent mobility and nifty cooldowns, plus we finally get to toss bombs around in conjunction with traps. And dont forget feign death, which is handy on warmode when the enemy is careless. The spec is even more enjoyable than it was in Mists. I cannot tell you how excited I am about it.

I gave mine a harpoon and I RP as a whaler, hunting sea creatures, but as a worgen Im sure you could tie in hunting as a way to quell his aggressive instinct. Your character will be conflicted, flawed right out of the gate with their adjustment to the worgen curse which provides plenty of room for development, and would probably seem more genuine than a purple deerperson who has had a thousand years to get their life together but somehow hasn’t.