Tank DH suck

Demon Hunter
28% armor class is not fun. my rogue has more without spikes up.
Sunday is in 1.5 days
09/07/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Amademon
Sunday is in 1.5 days
tank spec getting a buff?
09/07/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Noxtrius
09/07/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Amademon
Sunday is in 1.5 days
tank spec getting a buff?

Haha no. We get to enjoy another patch of being slapped around by bosses in Uldir.
Yea I don't suggest raid tanking. Just Havoc it up, our single target is still pretty high up there and our AoE is nuts.

Pally Tanks are golden gods compared to DH tanks now-a-days. Like WTF were they thinking removing our stun in Vengeance? Oh but we can AoE incapacitate instead, except lots of things are immune to it and Imprison as well. The cooldown on AoE incapacitate is also too long for use on every pull.

Also, Pally's get a full heal ability, we get 30% hp back when we die on an 8 minute cooldown or a 15k Disc Priest shield on a 30 second cooldown, yay...

Hell we don't even have a single target ranged attack for careful pulls. (Unless you want to pull with Fire Brand which is a 1 minute cd and one of our main dmg reduction abilities)

We're good enough for mythic+ dungeons but raid tanking ain't our forte. (Hell me and my healer still prefer a pally tank for mythic+, least I can off-tank a bit in Havoc to help him, oh and I actually have stuns in Havoc... who could've guessed stuns would be useful)
09/08/2018 04:56 AMPosted by Nossika
Yea I don't suggest raid tanking. Just Havoc it up, our single target is still pretty high up there and our AoE is nuts.

Pally Tanks are golden gods compared to DH tanks now-a-days. Like WTF were they thinking removing our stun in Vengeance? Oh but we can AoE incapacitate instead, except lots of things are immune to it and Imprison as well. The cooldown on AoE incapacitate is also too long for use on every pull.

Also, Pally's get a full heal ability, we get 30% hp back when we die on an 8 minute cooldown or a 15k Disc Priest shield on a 30 second cooldown, yay...

Hell we don't even have a single target ranged attack for careful pulls. (Unless you want to pull with Fire Brand which is a 1 minute cd and one of our main dmg reduction abilities)

We're good enough for mythic+ dungeons but raid tanking ain't our forte. (Hell me and my healer still prefer a pally tank for mythic+, least I can off-tank a bit in Havoc to help him, oh and I actually have stuns in Havoc... who could've guessed stuns would be useful)

Why can't you use torment to ranged pull single target?
Hell we don't even have a single target ranged attack for careful pulls.

Well, there is taunt. I don't generally pull with it, but it's still there.
I tend to imprison then taunt pull myself.
I don't have a problem tanking raids if you do then you're doing something wrong.

a 15k Disc Priest shield on a 30 second cooldown, yay...

That talent shields for way more than 15k
getting 1 shot by H fetid lol
09/08/2018 11:42 PMPosted by Wiwog

I wanted to roll vengeance for the phat heals in m+, but then was tanking raid and saw one get 1 shot by terrible thrash, so i'll stick to meh brew.
Put my DH head to head vs port pally. With out a doubt the DH is more stressful on the healer and you. Pally has so much utility and on demand heals. DH helps w dps, pally can stop wipes. You play whichever you think is more important.
scrubs
09/08/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Zalae
09/07/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Noxtrius
...tank spec getting a buff?

Haha no. We get to enjoy another patch of being slapped around by bosses in Uldir.

I wish, my guild told me they would not be using a DH for a tank ever in this xpac so raiding is out for me.
09/08/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Joykiller
I don't have a problem tanking raids if you do then you're doing something wrong.

Hmmm, not seeing much of a raid progression and the ones you did were probably carried or bought. All the raids you have done less then 4 times..

Try again.
I have 23% armor at 355 ilvl
09/09/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Rubmykeg
I have 23% armor at 355 ilvl

Our stagger is also the same as our health, so we basically have double health, and can purify the damage way to mitigate huge chunks :p
09/09/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Luminaires
09/08/2018 11:42 PMPosted by Wiwog

I wanted to roll vengeance for the phat heals in m+, but then was tanking raid and saw one get 1 shot by terrible thrash, so i'll stick to meh brew.

VDH are just fine in Mythic plus dungeons. Raids unfortunatley we won't be the first pick but PVP is where you will find me.
VDHs definitely need some love, but I feel like some of the complaints are off base, especially people who !@#$% about armor, while ignoring the whole 'takes 10% less damage from everything' bit of demonic wards. Also I'm not even sure how the heck a rogue would have more armor considering you do get 80% extra armor as part of the same passive and they have the same armor type.

VDH needs love, it needs to be somewhat more survivable between AMs and the uptime of Demon Spikes is too low, but some stuff is just people not understanding a damn thing.