We need to talk about Quartermaster's Coins

General Discussion
So -- for those of you with alts you may not have planned to run through much else besides the average world quest boss and happen to do PVP might be aware, there is an item you can "win" from bonus rolls called a "Quartermaster's Coin".

It shows up as a "Loot!" roll on bonus rolls, and as far as I am aware, is the only obtainable source for these coins. Ostensibly, there is a quest turn in Salt & Shanty/Mugambala for turning in TEN of these coins to a quartermaster. The reward is as yet unknown for the simple reason of I have not wasted 10 of the rolls I get 2 of a week on something with an indeterminate reward for on something I "Won". Yes, you need 10 to turn this in.

You get ONE for "winning" a bonus roll of a pvp loot reward. Blizzard, Why is this so restrictive to the point where you'd potentially have to wait 5 weeks for whatever the reward is on this guy, and why isn't there more info on what these are/do? After 70 wins on my rogue yesterday, I obtained exactly zero of them from regular match victories/boxes afterwards, so I would highly doubt they're from there, or at least are bugged and not dropping. And if this is supposed to be a "Bad luck on roll" protection to allow you to choose a piece of gear, why does it take TEN failed rolls for whatever the hell this is? Is this intentional?
Don't go to the light, little thread...

/bump
I have no idea what this is about. It's it a PvP only thing?

Also, you have a silly hat.
From a quick research check, these coins come from rated PvP matches where you fail to get rewarded gear or something. It's like a consolation prize "Collect 10 of these and you can eventually get something, you unlucky person!"
09/08/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Arclily
I have no idea what this is about. It's it a PvP only thing?

Also, you have a silly hat.

Thanks, comes with a free pair of wings.

But yes, It's a pvp specific thing when you bonus roll on winning a match, for a chance at more gear.
y'know, the same roll token you're only able to acquire two of per week.
You're probably beginning to see the problem here.

if it's barely a consollation prize as

09/08/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Airc
From a quick research check, these coins come from rated PvP matches where you fail to get rewarded gear or something. It's like a consolation prize "Collect 10 of these and you can eventually get something, you unlucky person!"

suggests, it's a real travesty to waste 5 weeks worth of seals for something potentially completely useless.
I literally could not come up with a better way to undermine new players to the pvp system then to get them to waste their seals on something useless.
I wish we knew what it was atleast

The mugambla btw is fun to queue at
I too, wish we knew what was the reward for it. Maybe an armored longboi?
We can dare to dream, so long as no information is apparently available otherwise.
Bumpin this with info. Got 10 of the quartermaster tokens, because i dont pve so i've spent them all rerolling for pvp.

Took me 6-7 weeks (sometimes you actually do get loot on bonus roll) to get to 10 quartermaster's coins.

Reward (at rival rating) is a token to increase an item to ilvl 365 (or an azerite piece to 355). I assume that if your rating is lower, the reward will be worse. So, worse than useless. Because after 7 weeks of pvp, weekly rewards, rerolls sometimes being successful, doing weekly bosses etc.... I have a single ring i use (in some specs) that is below 365. Most of my "rival" pvp gear is 370-375. So the "bad luck insurance" for what i've spent all my tokens on for almost 2 months, is to have a ring's ilvl increased by 5. Pretty worthless. Holding on to these for now, hoping they get buffed.