Stop being entitled

General Discussion
09/09/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Podosh
Gating works best if it's fun while doing it, the gates are not so blatant, and there is some decent goals to achieve at the end of it.

The experience while unlocking gated content isn't fun, which is why I'm having such a hard time enjoying this expansion.
RNG, in moderation, is fine.
Time Gating, in moderation, is fine.
Grinding, in moderation, is fine.

Do we see a common thread there?

Do we see complaints that perhaps Blizzard has stopped being MODERATE about the issues they're complaining about?
I don't think anyone really cares about the game itself, they just want to farm stuff easy and fast and make more token money.

They will lie, steal, cheat and even kill to get those things. Nothing new.
09/09/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Bazarr
MMORPGs have always been about artificial gating, RNG, and other mechanics to sustain a business model. It's NOT about striving to provide ever more convenience to the player, since they would have nothing to do.

People are not forced to pay for this game, and in return they don't dictate gameplay roadblocks. BfA is taking steps to simplify the game's development and ensure its longevity, not burn itself out by making everything easy and quick to complete. Everyone loses in that scenario.

A 'frontloaded' WoW would die very quickly, but it's basically what the mob perpetually agitates for. People need to accept their interests are moderated by the interests of a business model in a two-way, equal relationship. Everyone benefits from this.
you are correct , no one is forcing ppl to pay for this game , I applaud your wisdom in making this statement sir , you are also correct is saying ppl should not expect the devs to listen to their opinions and input on matters of game play and should not expect to be considered in any way when devs decide how the game should be . just because the players are paying subs to play this game gives them no right at all , they should all just unsub and leave the game if you don't like what blizz is doing . it is my fondest hope that is exactly what they do , in droves leave the game , by the millions . until the sub numbers drop so low only the fanboys are left on their deadass realms looking around saying wtf , oh yes you are so smart sir , your thoughts are wisdom itself …..dare I say genius lol . oh btw ….I recent followed your advice and unsub today . hopefully lead by example .
09/09/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Bazarr
MMORPGs have always been about artificial gating, RNG, and other mechanics to sustain a business model. It's NOT about striving to provide ever more convenience to the player, since they would have nothing to do.

People are not forced to pay for this game, and in return they don't dictate gameplay roadblocks. BfA is taking steps to simplify the game's development and ensure its longevity, not burn itself out by making everything easy and quick to complete. Everyone loses in that scenario.

A 'frontloaded' WoW would die very quickly, but it's basically what the mob perpetually agitates for. People need to accept their interests are moderated by the interests of a business model in a two-way, equal relationship. Everyone benefits from this.

Everything is beyond easy to do but they hide it behind daily logins. When you’re doing such simple and tedious tasks it causes burn out more so than hard content.

This business model can hurt them as well. When you have people who only play weekends and cannot grind to catch up they will end up leaving.

They claim most subs are from casuals, casuals usually don’t log in daily. This hurts the bulk of their player base.

I have never been content starved in any MMO or expansion after 2 weeks. This game pulled it off when I play half the time I used to play.

This is the fault of upper management. With how the art and voice acting was this could have been a wonderful, maybe in the top 2 of expansion quality. Yet because they cut resources and rushed the release for the stockholders here we are.

They have dumbed down this game so much they pretty much know what each player is going to do when they log on. This is an MMORPG. These games are known for their freedom of doing different play styles.
People use the word entitled in the wrong way so often that it's become a meme.
09/09/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Mayadere
This logic is killing the enjoyment of this game. There's a right way to do it and there's a wrong way to do it.

No, that's pretty much how it's always been. Only people who didn't play Vanilla or BC complain about gating. Gating is actually how MMOs sustain themselves. You spend more time having to do virtual errands=people stay subbed longer. It's why everything took so long back then. Leveling, getting gear. Everything.

There's a reason why MMOs have traditionally only been populated by nerds who don't have lives using MMOs as job and community surrogates.

The thing is that this world no longer has a place in it for MMOs. They take too much time to do for most people as costs of living and working hours go up while wages stagnate.
The sad thing about the term entitled is there is a right way and a wrong way to use it.

If I pay for a service, I am entitled to that service. This is not negative, this is simply the fact that I paid for a service/good, and as a result I am justly entitled to receive that service/good. If I pay for a hamburger, I am entitled to receive that hamburger. What I do with the hamburger after receiving it is my business.

I pay for access to Blizzard's servers. Obviously things happen, so keeping those servers up all the time isn't possible. They're only human after all. However, I am still entitled access to those servers so long as I abide by the rules and pay my monthly fee.

Of course there is the flip side.

Where you feel entitled to Special Privileges that nobody else has. THAT is the other side of entitlement. It's like PvPers believing they should be able to dictate whether Flying is bad for the game or not. That is being Entitled. Believing they deserve Special treatment and that Their opinion is More valid than anyone else's opinion.
Entitlement is also often played by the players in regards to what content that they feel should be available to everyone.

"You don't deserve access to this content."

And yes, I see players saying that a LOT.

This isn't talking about higher difficulties and the gear / titles / mounts that come with it. That's perfectly fine to be restricted.

This is talking about core content like seeing the entire story.

This is talking about bashing on LFR and saying "just go watch the video on youtube".

This is also about people bashing on folks who have issues with the finale for a STORY of an entire ZONE being locked behind mythic.

THAT is the very heart of the negative side of entitlement.