BoP crafting items

Professions
I would really like to see Hydrocores and Expulsom be, at least, BoA. I don't see why they cannot be tradable in general. It sucks having a bunch of these sitting, unusable, in my bags when my crafting toons need them.

I know that this is not a new issue, and it seems like the theme is that Blizz will make them tradable later in the expansion. I would be interested in knowing the rationale for that policy.
I get why they aren't tradeable, players who've never stepped foot in a mythic probably shouldn't get free 355s, but why not make it BoA?

Then again blizz is happy giving out a free 370 with warfronts sooooo.
09/07/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Sativabaliva
I would really like to see Hydrocores and Expulsom be, at least, BoA. I don't see why they cannot be tradable in general. It sucks having a bunch of these sitting, unusable, in my bags when my crafting toons need them.

I know that this is not a new issue, and it seems like the theme is that Blizz will make them tradable later in the expansion. I would be interested in knowing the rationale for that policy.

I like the BOA @ least
09/07/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Uristä
I get why they aren't tradeable, players who've never stepped foot in a mythic probably shouldn't get free 355s, but why not make it BoA?

355 is normal Uldir. It will be irrelevant by the time the second raid drops. It's not like crafters will be making the equivalent of mythic Antorus at the start of the expac; they'll have, what, 2 or 3 slots that are marginally ahead of the curve. And then they'll fall behind with the next raid tier.

3 different BoP crafting materials, 2 of which are available only in instanced content, is just an absurd amount of gating for crafts.
I have no issue with the materials being BoP, though I would really like to see the crafted item itself be BoA rather than BoP.

My leatherworker is 110, they will never be able to craft the 355 or higher ilvl gear. I am okay with that. But my blacksmith is a shaman, and it sucks they will never be able to use the gear they can craft. Whereas if the gear was BoA, my warrior alt could someday use the item, long after my shaman out-leveled the gear.
09/07/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Uristä
I get why they aren't tradeable

I get why Hydrocore isn't tradable, but Expulsom? There's no reason for Expulsom to be bound. Especially when there's Hydrocores AND Sanguicells.

Also why isn't there a Hydrocore vendor like the Blood Vendor from Legion, shouldn't that just be out by default?
09/08/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Kímimoto
Also why isn't there a Hydrocore vendor like the Blood Vendor from Legion, shouldn't that just be out by default?

Why would there be? The blood vendor wasn't there at launch.