I Can't Play Any Allied Races and I'm Sad

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
Might be time for you to find a game that caters to an adult lifestyle more, !@#$ might be time for me to also.
I went through all the trouble of unlocking the first four AR during Legion and now people just want them to be given to them? I completely agree, just unlock at least the first four AR now that BFA is out.

I also wanted to say and this is my opinion, a carrot painted blue is still a carrot and not actually content.
Passively unlocked all the ones in Legion by logging on and doing my emissaries.
Half way through revered to unlock the new, low-effort Orcs.

Don't plan on playing any of them and not sure why people are making such a fuss.
09/08/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Gadren
At least give us WoTLk Tabards back so I can grind dungeons.

I think this is a great compromise idea -- at least for non-BfA content. The rep grind on old content is kinda ridiculous. Either eliminate it, reduce it from exalted to revered or even honored, or give some ways to grind rep that doesn't require grinding the previous expansion. Tabards are a good way to do that.

Loremaster requirements for them should probably stay the same -- as long as they break any rep-gating (I think they did this with Suramar already) since the grind is not based on RNG emissary luck.

For BfA reps, however, I think it should be okay as they are -- a tabard wouldn't hurt for grinding the Revered->Exalted path to supplement the WQ's available on a timer.

But I'm in total agreement with reducing (or even eliminating) rep grind requirements for allied races where the grind is located in Legion content.
I have to wonder how these people who have 0 time to do world quests that are current content on their mains are going to have time to level up their Allied race alts to 120, let alone gear them up.
09/08/2018 06:41 AMPosted by Machineman
09/08/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Paladonkey
"I dont want to play less than an hour a day for 13 days to unlock something" -OP

"Not when I paid $60 for a feature sold on the box of this expansion, not the last one" - EVERY REASONABLE NON-FANBOY

funny i spent more time farming Epic Flying in BC then i did working on the Argus reps.

oh. and a new player would have spent far more time unlocking a DK in early wrath then that.
09/08/2018 02:45 AMPosted by Arclily
Unfortunately I doubt the rep grinds are going anywhere anytime soon, OP.

My advice would be to just casually work towards the reputations a little bit at a time. Eventually you'll have them and you can play the new races. It's not ideal, I know, but the devs already said they aren't going to change the requirements. It's really your only option.

Well, no, there are other options. Some folks quit. Others, like me, stay subbed to see friends but play very little.
heaven forbid blizzard reward those who actually stay committed to the game and work for their rewards.
So much salty and rude on all these threads. Just throw my dude a hug and feel for him, that he just wants to play casually and enjoy what he paid for. If not walk away. Not a hard concept. No need to get heated.
Races should be baseline. Like they always used to be.
Alexa, play despacito
09/08/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Lemoncobbler
So much salty and rude on all these threads. Just throw my dude a hug and feel for him, that he just wants to play casually and enjoy what he paid for. If not walk away. Not a hard concept. No need to get heated.

why should i feel bad for a guy who doesn't want to put forth any effort towards anything?

09/08/2018 08:20 AMPosted by Felene
Races should be baseline. Like they always used to be.

races never started at level 20 with full gear and numerous bags, a tabard, and a mount.
we never had 8 races added inside of a year before
we never have had races so tied to the story before
blizzard has never considered a race a prestige thing before. but they consider allied races one.

if things should be "the way they always used to be"
lets bring back attunements, longer leveling (much longer then we currently have), less homogenization, no multitag on mobs, no in game quest helper, etc.
09/08/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Pinar
I have to wonder how these people who have 0 time to do world quests that are current content on their mains are going to have time to level up their Allied race alts to 120, let alone gear them up.

I think it’s more about doing something they enjoy with the little time they have. Logging in and blowing through world quests everyday isn’t exactly fun if it eats all the time they have.

I personally don’t mind but I have a lot of game time if I want it.
why should i feel bad for a guy who doesn't want to put forth any effort towards anything?

"Just throw my dude a hug and feel for him, that he just wants to play casually and enjoy what he paid for. If not walk away."

" If not walk away."

Imagine taking your wife or girlfriend out to a her favorite restaurant. You're both really excited. You sit down, order food, and wait eagerly for your meal. You ordered a yummy delicious steak (or tofu steak if you're vegan) and what you get is a tiny carrot. Well you're not entitled to the steak because you never came to this place before. It's your first time. However your girlfriend frequents here quite a bit, so she got the whole ordeal. In fact she even got a yummy cake too, since the waiter was feeling generous (RNG). So shes happy and satisfied. You however, are going to be a very hungry person leaving that restaurant and probably a little upset. Because $59.99 for that course just wasn't worth it. Your significant other, on the other hand, is excited to come back and enjoy the stuffed ravioli next week.

Are you going to leave a bad yelp review? You going to suck it up and keep coming back until you too can have a steak? Are you going to bash your significant other because she has something you don't? Are they going to bash you?

Don't defecate on someone for expecting something.
09/08/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Soluss
09/08/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Pinar

I think it’s more about doing something they enjoy with the little time they have. Logging in and blowing through world quests everyday isn’t exactly fun if it eats all the time they have.

I personally don’t mind but I have a lot of game time if I want it.

so do something else. nothing in this game requires allied races, and they are all basically reskins anyway.

furthermore, given the fact that the OP says hes been playing for so long, he should have long learned how to be efficient with his time.
09/08/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Lemoncobbler
Imagine taking your wife or girlfriend out to a her favorite restaurant. You're both really excited. You sit down, order food, and wait eagerly for your meal. You ordered a yummy delicious steak (or tofu steak if you're vegan) and what you get is a tiny carrot.

i literally research every purchase i make. i make sure i know exactly what i am getting.
your buddy is posting on a public forum, that is fine. he is entitled to post his opinion. i am also entitled to post my opinion.

the fact is that if he doesn't even have time to invest less then an hour a day farming rep for 2 weeks, i have to wonder what he does with his time that he so desperately needs a re-skinned race. i also wonder why he didn't do any research CONSIDERING IT WAS MENTIONED AT BLIZZCON that there would be requirements to unlock these races.

thats 10 months ago that we knew there would be allied races, and that they would have requirements for them. later in mid november it was mentioned what the requirements would be. thats 9 and a half months to meet the requirements.

I have LITTLE to no Sympathy for anyone at this point where allied races are concerned.

They have been available to unlock since the end of January/beginning of February.

Your friend obviously did zero research into what he was getting. if he did, he would know that there was requirements for allied races.

Your comparison is bad by the way.

just because i bought BFA do i get free Mythic Uldir Gear and an instant 120 with max professions?
just because i bought BFA do i get everything available without a little effort?

NO. this has been the case in every expansion.

when i bought BC did i get free flying? NO. did i get access to BT without having tow ork for it? NO.
dude, i am as casual as they come. you will get to unlock them anyways just by playing the game. i have zero interest in any other allied race but will be unlocking them soon enough anyways
[quote="207674978327"][quote="207674478559"]anybody who says they have been playing since vanilla and then complain about current rep grinding is either a liar, or has selected memory. Raids/ dungeons all used to be time gated with rep grinds.
[/quot]

Pretty sure they didn't start gating content till AQ. MC just required getting a key to get in....
I'd like to play a High Mountain Tauren, but the rep grind is real. Orc I stay.
People really need to take advantage of rep bonus week when it comes out.