I Can't Play Any Allied Races and I'm Sad

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
11/11/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Roargathor
Rep requirements should be to honored for race unlocking. Exalted is ridiculous. I personally know several people who have unsubscribed over this. Blizz is losing real money because of their stupid design again.

I haven't been in a raid I couldn't solo since my husband and I left EQ. I mained enchantress/cleric and had enough of that stuffs for a lifetime. My husband does and I've watched him, and his guild, raid since vanilla. His guild even made it through WoD. It, along with many others, did not survive the first couple months of this one. Go figure.
11/11/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Milkslave

I can make the same argument for things like in BC where you had to daily grind for Netherwing Drakes, in Vanilla you had to get Hydraxian Waterlords

Holy balls I had forgotten about these two. Never finished the Waterlords, but getting to exalted w/ the Netherwing was hell especially if you were competing w/ everyone else for eggs.

I remember waking up 2 hours early before work to do a pass or two for eggs because there were less people on then.
I can't pay the bills every month and I'm sad. Blizz please give me moneyz.
11/11/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Xiaya

Wow, yet another asinine exagerative analogy. Yah wonder why we don't take you seriously?
I have barely been playing this expansion because of IRL stuff. I mean it took my like a month or so to hit 120. I am already almost 7500 into honored with 7th Legion. It doesn't take that long to do these things. I do not solely work on rep either I do random things I enjoy, sometimes playing an alt instead.
i am a returning player as well and i usually get into a wow expansion late

so when i got bfa i said i will get one of my toons to max level asap (at least to be able to get in on new expansion gold making for once in my wow career)

i didnt give a second thought to the allied races but as i got into tanking on my dk and watching a player who was really making a case for the highmountain bull rush and i was hooked

then i looked into it and saw that i needed exalted so i found a way to run that worm dungeon and kill the worm boss for 250 rep but i cant find a way to do the dungeon fast enough to warrant the effort

if i supplement with world quests i would have to do a lot more legion content to unlock those and i really dont want to do this

the problem with getting these sooner is that legion content is still active so the chance of allied race requirements getting nerfed seems unlikely
You picked the wrong expansion for bells and whistles. There was so much removed for BfA, but nothing added back. I'm not a fan of the requirements to get allied races, but I dont see it changing, unfortunately. For new races, you get those with purchase, with reskinned races, you have to jump through some hoops. It is Blizzards way of artificially creating content.
i have no pity.

the rep grinds are SUUUPER easy and if you do some small research on how to effectively maximize your rep gains it takes like 2 weeks....
I feel like if you have many characters and no attachment to any of them, the same will just happen w/ the new ones anyway.

Just experience the xpac on what you've got.

You're not really missing out. You just want a "shiny new thing" and won't care about it anymore after you have it.

Just like your monk, death knight, etc.
If you’re actually playing the game, even just an hour or two a week, the reps practically grind themselves. If all you do is log on, sit in Boralus, and occasionally queue for stuff of course you’re not going to get anywhere because you aren’t playing the game fully.

Not that I’m a fan of rep grinds but sheesh, you can’t just have everything handed to you. The “I paid so gimme” argument is weak too, because you’re paying to play the game while getting angry that you have to play the game.

WoW is not designed to be played with blinders on; you don’t just get to ignore the parts you don’t favor, even if those parts gate things you do want. I don’t particularly care for the M+ system as it stands right now, but you don’t see me posting threads about how I should be able to get M+ gear without doing M+ because that’s stupid. It just means that I partake in M+ in a more limited capacity and don’t get as much gear, end of story. You want the allied race? Grind the rep.
11/11/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Chrace
11/11/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Xiaya

Wow, yet another asinine exagerative analogy. Yah wonder why we don't take you seriously?

The one not taken seriously is you and your weak argument. You pay to play the game doesn't mean everything in it has to be handed to you. If it was everyone would be 22k in rated pvp and have cutting edge within the first week of Uldir. Allied races are a cosmetic reward, stop treating them as if they are some game breaking unlock you have do to in order to play properly.
WoW is the only MMO in the history of MMO’s to have requirements for unlocking races. All of my characters are horde, but I’d like to make a void elf to level through the ally side in BFA since there are different questlines, story, cut scenes. Etc.

Unfortunately, I would only play a void elf so I can’t play the ally side. Blizzard expects me to level a DISPOSABLE ally character from 1-110, and also rep grind for over a month in an old expansion, before I can create a level 20 VE? This is total BS. I’m playing BFA and will never do 1-110 content again.

End result. I’m letting my sub expire and will come back for the next raid. All three of my mains are heroic geared and I don’t do mythic. The only thing I want to do now is play a void elf and see the ally side, but I can’t. Shame on you blizzard.
it took me 11 days to do legion pathfinder, back then.

i can only imagine its much easier now.
So we're supporting necromancy in WoW now?
I'll just go back to other things...
I feel your pain for time management working full time and supporting a family.

Still, pick your own manageable goals. I'm happy they are giving the boost with 8.1 for the Legion reps for folks, but if you want the cool shiny, still gotta do the initial work.

WotLK tabards were mindless, to be blunt. We threw them on and completely ignored it until we got the Exalted ding. That's not really engaging gameplay either.
11/11/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Anacrussys
WoW is the only MMO in the history of MMO’s to have requirements for unlocking races. All of my characters are horde, but I’d like to make a void elf to level through the ally side in BFA since there are different questlines, story, cut scenes. Etc.

Unfortunately, I would only play a void elf so I can’t play the ally side. Blizzard expects me to level a DISPOSABLE ally character from 1-110, and also rep grind for over a month in an old expansion, before I can create a level 20 VE? This is total BS. I’m playing BFA and will never do 1-110 content again.

End result. I’m letting my sub expire and will come back for the next raid. All three of my mains are heroic geared and I don’t do mythic. The only thing I want to do now is play a void elf and see the ally side, but I can’t. Shame on you blizzard.

Only one I've played that's crossed that line and the wannabe green knights keep barking it's been a "core" feature since the birth of MMOs. There is no justification for it beyond a lazy and shady time grab. The sad thing is they actually have us arguing over the intricities of it when it should have never been in the first place.
09/08/2018 02:39 AMPosted by Gadren
I'm a casual player. I haven't always been, but after playing for 10+ years I finally grew up. I am currently getting my Masters, working a part time job, surviving on my own with barely any income, and overall just trying to get my footing as an actual adult. I can't play a lot but when I do play I want it to be fun. I don't have the time to grind, because when I get to play WoW I want to do fun things, like dungeons, battlegrounds, arena, even LFR. There was once a time when I was younger where I could waste hours upon hours of my life playing this game and it was fun to me then. But now I can't do that and I'm sad.

What keeps me coming back to WoW every expansion are the new bells and whistles. The new classes and the new races to be exact. Dungeons are cool. Raids are cool. Arena and Battleground maps are cool. But it's just the same game it's always been. Unless they completely redesign classes, it's never that different. I've played every class, I've played every race (not allied). I've been max level with every class at some point during some expansion, multiple times. I came back to Burning Crusade and made a Draenei Paladin, I came back to WoTLK to make a human Death Knight, Cataclysm to make a Goblin, I came back to Mists to make a Pandaren Monk, I came back to WoD to see Draenor....and use the new character models (this one didn't last long for me), and I came back to Legion to play a Demon Hunter, which I mained. I came back to BFA because I always play the new expansions, but it's feeling too WoD'ish to me, and I'm sad.

I have many characters but I don't care for any of them. There is no attachment, I just want to live a fantasy. I want to look cool, I want to do new things I haven't done in WoW before. That's why I keep playing and if that isn't happening? I quit, and I don't like to quit because playing WoW makes me happy when it's good, but right now I'm sad.

I want to be a Dark Iron Dwarf Warrior with a burning beard and a huge hammer or axe. I'd get blacksmithing and mining and THEN I'd be okay with casually grinding reputation with factions. I want to have cool tattoos, but I don't have the time in my life to grind on a character I don't like, because there is no combination of the old races/classes that appeal to me because I've already done it for 10+ years and I'm sad.

I want to be a Mag'har Orc Shaman. I want to feel like one of the original orcs from Draenor with a connection to nature, honorable and uncorrupted, not associated with Sylvanas but more in line with Saurfang. Then I'll be fine to grind reputation. I can't be bothered to get gear on a character I don't like so I have 84k HP even though I've been playing since launch. Now I can barely hold my own against people, which would be fine if I at least enjoyed my character, but you try playing something not fun to you AND getting your !@# kicked...I'm sad.

I want to be a Nightborne Mage because wow, what a fantasy. I want to be a Highmountain Tauren survival hunter. I want to be a Void Elf Shadow Priest. I want to be a Lightforged Draenei Paladin. But I can't, because I don't have the time in my life to grind on a character I don't care for, for weeks on end, just so I can restart the game from scratch and regrind all the reputation and reacquire all the gear that everyone else has and I'm sad.

I know it gives you a sense of betterment. I know it feels good to have things others don't. I live in the same world that you do, and I get it. But this is just one of those things that shouldn't be gated behind a wall of elitism. You can have your fancy mounts, I don't care, if I love my character enough maybe I'll go for it too. You can have you fancy titles and toys and transmogs, that's fine. If I love my character enough I may go for it as well. But as a casual I'm begging you, let me play the race I want. I pay the same subscription, I always buy your expansions. You've still got me hooked because I need to level that character, except now I'm in love with it and I can do the healthier grinds WoW has to offer. Maybe I'll make multiple characters, I know I would. But instead you've gated my potential content with something that isn't accessible to me without turning WoW into a second job and that is not what I want in my life, and I'm sad.

I wish anything I wrote here would change someones mind. I wish I knew for a fact that elitists wouldn't post here calling me entitled because they live in a world where grinding doesn't feel like a job to them. Where working for something for weeks on end as a second job is either fun to them or they don't mind going through the monotony. They fail to put themselves in someone else's shoes and while I may agree with people like this when it comes to the traditional rewards typically gated behind rep, I can never agree with them when it comes to races, a core part of the gaming experience and a core part of my fantasy, and I'm sad.

At least give us WoTLk Tabards back so I can grind dungeons. You know why that feels better? Because I'm knocking out two birds with one stone. I'm getting gear, dungeon boss experience, AND rep all at the same time. Waiting for that queue as dps is worth it. Didn't get that piece of gear you wanted? Queued into a random dungeon that you hate or that gives you no more useful gear? Still got 2k rep that dungeon. But most of all it's faster. I have to work for it but it still feels like a video game and not a job. But unfortunately that's not the case and honestly guys...I'm sad.

TL;DR: I'm sad.

:(

You actually have time to be sad about a video game while working on your masters and working part time?!

Shut it, and do your thesis on time. That should be your entire life for you.
....unless you're in one of "those" master's programs where undergrad was tougher to get through...

smdh.
11/13/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Chrace
11/11/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Anacrussys

Only one I've played that's crossed that line and the wannabe green knights keep barking it's been a "core" feature since the birth of MMOs. There is no justification for it beyond a lazy and shady time grab. The sad thing is they actually have us arguing over the intricities of it when it should have never been in the first place.

You sure do like repeating yourself without actually making anything you say valid.
11/11/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Stompypotato
11/11/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Milkslave

I can make the same argument for things like in BC where you had to daily grind for Netherwing Drakes, in Vanilla you had to get Hydraxian Waterlords

Holy balls I had forgotten about these two. Never finished the Waterlords, but getting to exalted w/ the Netherwing was hell especially if you were competing w/ everyone else for eggs.

I remember waking up 2 hours early before work to do a pass or two for eggs because there were less people on then.

It wasn’t any easier with CRZ. There was quite a few people griding Netherwing while I was out there prior to BFA going live.
1. Grew up and stop playing videogames.
2. Commit to actually play the game, you only need 30mins to do world quest in order to unlock an allied race.

Its an mmo, dont expect to play the game the way you want without expecting some form of grind.