Is spreading racism and hatefulness bannable?

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
I saw a guild ( I wont say the name ) recruiting saying only a certain race and political/religious view were allowed to join. They have pro-!@#$ names and are being toxic. Is that type of behaviour bannable and if so will they just force name changes or will they actually get disbanded?
You should use the in-game reporting system and let Blizzard sort it out.
Running around shouting "WHITE POWER" is probably a bannable offense, yes. But there are plenty of guilds that only recruit LGBT people and other minorities, and if that's not against the TOS then I don't know why it would matter if your guild is all, say, republican.
I'm not sure what will be done with them honstly, but report them if they are being nasty. Bliz will deal with it.
PuG life on Discord. I've no idea where these people come from.

I was actually in a PuG last night where one of these charmers was silenced mid-raid.
09/08/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Hankypanky
report them if they are being nasty. Bliz will deal with it.
^This

While squelches require a lot of players to report someone in a short period of time, a single report can still get action if the reported player is truly breaking rules.
09/08/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Manazzle
Running around shouting "WHITE POWER" is probably a bannable offense, yes. But there are plenty of guilds that only recruit LGBT people and other minorities, and if that's not against the TOS then I don't know why it would matter if your guild is all, say, republican.

Yep. I'm not LGBT and could not care less that they don't want me. Same for for every other group that prefers someone who is not me. Why spend a moment's thought on it ?
Is it racist to have a roleplay Blood Elf guild who has a distaste for the lesser races?
09/08/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Joyeuse
Is it racist to have a roleplay Blood Elf guild who has a distaste for the lesser races?

If you're not roleplaying a racist blood elf, you're playing your blood elf wrong.
09/08/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Djshamwow
I saw a guild ( I wont say the name ) recruiting saying only a certain race and political/religious view were allowed to join. They have pro-!@#$ names and are being toxic. Is that type of behaviour bannable and if so will they just force name changes or will they actually get disbanded?

No, it's encouraged.

...Seriously, what response were you looking for?

There are people who don't care and report if someone is just spamming swastikas over chat and there are people who want to destroy and rip everything they hate apart so it no longer exists in a pile of indistinguishable ash.

Kinda makes you think, who are the real !@#$s of the 21st century?

Would running around Boralus shouting "BLACK POWER" be equally bannable?
09/08/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Convert

Would running around Boralus shouting "BLACK POWER" be equally bannable?

Yes. Despite what tumblr wants you to believe, black people can be racist.

That isn't a problem in real life, i.e. private clubs can exclude people based on race and political/religious views so I don't think that would be a problem in the game. Now if their guild name is offensive in some way that is a different story but people won't be banned just for making a guild with like minded people.

Don't believe me, go and check out some of the blue posts regarding communities which is basically the same thing.
God forbid people play with who they want to play with.
09/08/2018 05:47 PMPosted by Dliver
I was actually in a PuG last night where one of these charmers was silenced mid-raid
About what time? We might be able to find the forum thread they posted proclaiming their innocence.
09/08/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Årcadius
God forbid people play with who they want to play with.

I would think they would just get a name change and a silence for anything inappropriate they might have said. That's not awful and everything will be fine. I'm sure they can still hang out together.

Depends- is that race white, that politics right wing, or that religion Christian? If so yes, it is a bannable offense.

If not, then no, not only is it not bannable but you can be banned for thinking it should be bannable.

And if the guild in question is muslim only, then hope you don't live in the UK because you just committed a hate crime and will be going to jail.
09/08/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Aedacien
is that race white, that politics right wing, or that religion Christian? If so yes, it is a bannable offense.

Imagine feeling like this much of a victim all the time.