Is spreading racism and hatefulness bannable?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Whatever the issue is it's most likely the Goblins behind it
09/08/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Manazzle
Running around shouting "WHITE POWER" is probably a bannable offense, yes. But there are plenty of guilds that only recruit LGBT people and other minorities, and if that's not against the TOS then I don't know why it would matter if your guild is all, say, republican.
09/08/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Jaréth
If someone is saying something in trade that that you disagree with then just respond to them. All this running to Daddy and crying over feelings getting hurt because someone said something not directly to you is what ties up the GMs. Grow a thicker skin and don't feed the trolls.

I used to respond and you know what? Never, not once did it do anything except give them a fresh target. The whole toxicity escalates. As for the GMs being tied up, that's for Blizzard to worry about. They have put in a system that allows the people with the most exposure to negativity to report it. And that's it. The rest is up to Blizzard. Seems like an appropriate system to me.
09/08/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Årcadius
God forbid people play with who they want to play with.

That's fine if its in your own backyard. However, in a public forum (like wow) hate speak, discrimination, and bullying should not be tolerated in any form.
09/08/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Peapöd

That's fine if its in your own backyard. However, in a public forum (like wow) hate speak, discrimination, and bullying should not be tolerated in any form.

Be that as it may, guild masters may kick anyone for any reason at any time, and there is sweet bugger all you can do about it.
09/08/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Coniferous
This thread is a train wreck.

Adults talking here. Go outside and play dear.
09/08/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Eccentricah

Be that as it may, guild masters may kick anyone for any reason at any time, and there is sweet bugger all you can do about it.

You are correct. Also, that was not my point.

Discrimination is a good thing in the broader generalization, just not all kinds of it.

Do you want murderers to be policemen? Arsonists and sadistic pyromaniacs to be firemen? Probably not, which is why those people are heavily discriminated against for duties like that.

As long as the speech doesn't violate the TOS then what ever criteria the group requires for admittance is of no consequence to the public. Because the guild is private.

I'm not fond of racists but ill be damned if my rights of freedom of association will be given up in order for you to feel like you got a win over a racist.

If i only want to guild with my own age group or gender or professional field or what the heck ever, I damn well better be able to or who ever is blocking me is now the greater enemy.
Its not against the terms and conditions , sorry.
A difference of opinion shouldn't be bannable.

So...define "hate speech, discrimination and bullying". I want to see YOUR definitions of these terms.
09/08/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Peapöd
09/08/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Coniferous
This thread is a train wreck.

Adults talking here. Go outside and play dear.

Most adults I know don't feel the need to remind others they are an adult.
I think there is a very fine line here. There is definitely a distinction between, say, a guild wanting to recruit Latino members, and speak Spanish in chat -would they be open to a Spanish speaker of a different ethnicity? Probably; they just want to speak Spanish in Guild chat and Discord. A guild with "conservative values" that maybe wouldn't accept a member who's a gay, black Republican? Because they like to say racist and homophobic things in guild chat. I think the first guild is 100% OK, and the second one needs to be purged from WoW with fire.

My suggestion is post to Customer Service Forums; an issue where an entire guild is doing something as problematic (or maybe they aren't doing a damn thing!) ought to be checked into by someone who's paygrade is maybe higher than a front-line GM.
09/08/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Strmwatch

So...define "hate speech, discrimination and bullying". I want to see YOUR definitions of these terms.

Calling someone a white doo-doo head while pushing them gently towards the left.
09/08/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Dimpishly
A guild with "conservative values" that maybe wouldn't accept a member who's a gay, black Republican? Because they like to say racist and homophobic things in guild chat. I think the first guild is 100% OK, and the second one needs to be purged from WoW with fire

How so very "liberal" of you.

And you and your ilk wonder why the #walkaway movement is gaining steam on a daily basis.
Honestly I forgot I posted this and came back to a bunch of craziness. The level of toxic people on these forums is insane. The guild I was referring to was the exact same type of group I've seen enter other communities and it spreads like the plague and it gets to the point where it is impossible to get rid of. I was just hoping since this is the first time I've seen this type of group enter this game we could just stamp it out before it became a wildfire.

I wasn't upset or offended by anything. All that happened was I saw the signs of a sickness and I wanted to purge the sickness before it spread.

Can we just end this thread already?
09/08/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Strmwatch
09/08/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Dimpishly
A guild with "conservative values" that maybe wouldn't accept a member who's a gay, black Republican? Because they like to say racist and homophobic things in guild chat. I think the first guild is 100% OK, and the second one needs to be purged from WoW with fire

How so very "liberal" of you.

And you and your ilk wonder why the #walkaway movement is gaining steam on a daily basis.

It is? Go on... I think you must have made that up. Silly tauren.
09/08/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Djshamwow
I saw a guild ( I wont say the name ) recruiting saying only a certain race and political/religious view were allowed to join. They have pro-!@#$ names and are being toxic. Is that type of behaviour bannable and if so will they just force name changes or will they actually get disbanded?

If it actually happened Blizzard would deal with it, I am extremely harsh on Blizzard changes to the game I don't like to the point where I am just waiting for current sub to run out (3 months left) but Blizzard has never been bad at lifting the ban hammer on people for misbehaving.

For that reason I don't believe you I think you found a guild for republicans, are upset that they aren't democrats and showed up here to lie hoping for sympathy.

People whine about getting silenced here so often it isn't funny, so again I think Blizzard routinely cracks down on people in game and that you are lying.
09/08/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Djshamwow

Can we just end this thread already?

You might get lucky but you've opened quite a can of worms.

You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders. I think you can trust your gut feeling next time you see something you think might be inappropriate.
09/08/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Krypollo
Just stop being offended. You don't have to be offended. Being offended is a choice.

Being offended isn't a choice, it's a response. Just like when someone makes moronic statements in a forum, you automatically say to yourself, 'wtf?'.