so many AFK'ers in warfront

General Discussion
I got 3 pieces of afk gear last night while I cooked dinner and watched a couple episodes of last man standing! Thanks y'all!

Also there's a spot on the west wall you can jump to that takes you off the map. People can't even see you!

Ha!
I'm feel worse that you didnt get....literally every slot available filled with 4 hours of spam. That's about what I did and I got every slot, including two weapons, filled.

More on topic, I kick afkers when I see them. But some are being "clever" and running in circles to look busy. Heaven forbid they gather wood or iron if they dont want to fight.
Warfront needs a pvp mode like yesterday, who the !@#$ made the design choice of making it only pve.
What’s worse, I called someone that had been standing in the same spot, not participating all match and they began harrassing me with the other people that were standing around. I was removed from the war front by the afk.
09/15/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Kveikur
What’s worse, I called someone that had been standing in the same spot, not participating all match and they began harrassing me with the other people that were standing around. I was removed from the war front by the afk.

Same here. While collecting iron in the mine, there was an AFK standing near the flag, Never moved. I called out in chat for players to keep an eye on him and report if no movement. Someone else started complaining about my report (Another AFK leeching scumbag?) and I got kicked a couple minutes later.
At least, it was early in the run, and I was able to immediately requeue.
That is very strange. I haven’t had any problems in warfronts...
09/15/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Kveikur
I was removed from the war front by the afk.

Wow.

So if the AFKers start removing all the active players, then they can just sit in that one scenario forever!

Now if only we could trap them there...
This is what happens when you basically hand out 340 ilvl gear that almost every can AFK to earn. If the content was even remotely a challenge, you wouldn't have this issue. Hell if you made it into a upgrade AV type of BG, you wouldn't have it. But because it is basically an almost impossible to lose event that awards LFR level gear, you are going to have to deal with AFK leeches.
I'm typing this message while afk in a warfront.

I'm afk in a warfront because they are boring and overly rewarding for alts.

Since I can do other things while afk in a warfront, my time becomes more efficient rather than entirely wasted. I can read thoughtful threads such as this, while also making dinner.

Sometimes I get kicked. Sometimes I don't. The net gain is positive for me. I gain the time I would have spent gathering wood and iron, in exchange for a slightly lower rate of gear acquisition but with zero active requirement.

I would love for warfronts to be fun, but they're not. I would love for M+ to be nearly as easy to gear up to 340 from, but it isn't. Thus, I afk, because it is the path of least resistance.
Best place to semi afk Netflix is the mine.
You can watch a show and do the warfront its so easy, I think they could have at least made it hard enough for players to care about AFK players.
people who blame warfronts being boring are deluding themselves. if it was possible to afk through mythics and raids while both succeeding and not being kicked, i guarantee people would do that as well. a lot. are you just going to call everything blizzard has made boring? if so, consider a new game.
09/25/2018 03:08 AMPosted by Mimley
people who blame warfronts being boring are deluding themselves. if it was possible to afk through mythics and raids while both succeeding and not being kicked, i guarantee people would do that as well. a lot. are you just going to call everything blizzard has made boring? if so, consider a new game.

If it was possible to afk mythics and get loot in essentially the same time, then yes, it would also be boring.
What a surprise that toxic players are blaming Blizzard for their own toxic behavior. I don't care how boring you find warfronts. If you're AFK on purpose, you are part of the problem. The only change I'd like to see Blizzard make is upping the penalty for being AFK kicked from a deserter debuff to a temp ban. First time - 1 day. 2nd - 1 week. 3rd - 1 month. 4th - permaban.
09/10/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Presumption
Its 40 minutes of terrible content. I can't blame people for going AFK.

It’s 20 minutes if people don’t afk.
I admit I went for the welfare gear, but I stayed because pushing a lane as a prot pally is fun.
09/10/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Khkk
When you get rewards equal to mythic dungeons but the content is easier and more boring than LFR, yeah, people are going to AFK it.
I dont understand this sentiment. If warfronts guarantee gear, which is not the case for mythics, then wouldn't people want to finish it as fast as possible so they can do another one? AFKers are just lazy snowflakes who listened to youtubers crying about how warfronts are trash.
if it was possible to afk through mythics and raids while both succeeding and not being kicked, i guarantee people would do that as well.

They do, it's called a carry, runs about 100,000 k
If people get afkd for more than 3 mins they should be booted, period. Not a hard system to implement. They would afk for gear in heroic dungeons if they could too.
09/25/2018 03:12 AMPosted by Crowlay
What a surprise that toxic players are blaming Blizzard for their own toxic behavior. I don't care how boring you find warfronts. If you're AFK on purpose, you are part of the problem. The only change I'd like to see Blizzard make is upping the penalty for being AFK kicked from a deserter debuff to a temp ban. First time - 1 day. 2nd - 1 week. 3rd - 1 month. 4th - permaban.

What problem are you talking about?

If you're talking about the problem of new content being almost completely unengaging and grossly over-rewarding, I'd love to hear your reasoning behind that being in any way related to afk players (besides directly causing them).

If you're talking about a problem of having to carry afk players, then you're right; however, the only reason we do is because we can. It was the same exact thing in bat!@#$ boring Ashran, where the original implementation of the dailies or whatever it was meant that you could just afk with a stealthman overnight and get all the rewards.

I will also do whatever I can to garner the rewards of boring content with the least possible active time investment on my own behalf. The only ways to stop this occuring are to make the content not boring, or not rewarding.

There is zero chance that afking in content will ever lead to a ban; plenty of people have to go afk for reasons outside of their control, and if you think Blizzard values your 20 minute warfront experience more than their $15 a month when there's no chance you're ever going to unsub as a result of afkers you are out of your mind.

09/25/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Grommack
09/10/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Khkk
When you get rewards equal to mythic dungeons but the content is easier and more boring than LFR, yeah, people are going to AFK it.
I dont understand this sentiment. If warfronts guarantee gear, which is not the case for mythics, then wouldn't people want to finish it as fast as possible so they can do another one? AFKers are just lazy snowflakes who listened to youtubers crying about how warfronts are trash.

Because WoW doesn't consume my every waking moment.

If my character spends 30 minutes in a warfront but I only have to press a key every 3-4 minutes and spend the rest of that time watching a movie or playing a different game, my active engagement with wow in that period is something like 20 seconds. If I play to win in the most efficient way, it requires the full 20 minutes that it would take if everyone were focused on winning.

On the other hand, the time people spend capturing circle of elements or newstead rather than mining to sieges is only marginally more valuable to the group than my afk body. I'd rally for a ban for stupid people but I know it won't be any more effective than the above poster's afk ban.