so many AFK'ers in warfront

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Warfronts are so droll that I'd actually encourage afking this pile !@#$ for the free loot until blizzard gets off their %^- and fixes their god damn game. And surpriiiiise I don't really fk with warfronts either. Got a 370 welfare wep when it launched and tipped my hat to WF forever or until fixed.
What problem are you talking about?
I'm talking about the problem of people AFKing in Warfronts thereby driving up the time it takes to complete.
If you're talking about a problem of having to carry afk players, then you're right; however, the only reason we do is because we can.
That's the same excuse shoplifters use. If they didn't want us stealing their merchandise they wouldn't leave it out where we can see it.
I will also do whatever I can to garner the rewards of boring content with the least possible active time investment on my own behalf.
In that case you are a greedy self-centered tool and part of the problem. I find BGs boring. However I would like the transmog set. Am I justified in going into AV and simply AFKing match after match after match? What if I bring in ten of my friends to do the same thing? Is it up to Blizzard to make BGs "less boring" by whatever standard I set forth?
There is zero chance that afking in content will ever lead to a ban
Unfortunately that's true. Blizzard will never take the needed steps to make the game noticeably better.
09/25/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Crowlay
What problem are you talking about?
I'm talking about the problem of people AFKing in Warfronts thereby driving up the time it takes to complete.

So then, I assume you are equally invested in banning people who are bad at their class, the game, tactics, and otherwise, right? Time investment is the reason people afk warfronts.

If you're talking about a problem of having to carry afk players, then you're right; however, the only reason we do is because we can.
That's the same excuse shoplifters use. If they didn't want us stealing their merchandise they wouldn't leave it out where we can see it.
I've never heard such a nonsense analogy. Stealing from a shop is against the law. Playing WoW is a form of paid entertainment. I don't owe you a damn thing, nor do I owe Blizzard anything. Blizzard is within their right to do what they like to my character, as I am within my right to withhold their money.

If they change the rules and stop afking, I'll move on, like I did with ashran. As it stands now, the most time-efficient way to farm the gear for warfronts on alts is to afk them. Trying to actively lead groups to make them faster is far more likely to get you kicked for being anti-fun or elitist than being afk is. Stupid people still get to vote.

I will also do whatever I can to garner the rewards of boring content with the least possible active time investment on my own behalf.
In that case you are a greedy self-centered tool and part of the problem. I find BGs boring. However I would like the transmog set. Am I justified in going into AV and simply AFKing match after match after match? What if I bring in ten of my friends to do the same thing? Is it up to Blizzard to make BGs "less boring" by whatever standard I set forth?
In your own mind, sure. There are mechanics to stop it, and there are plenty of people that still do it. Furthermore, the rewards for and likelyhood of losing BGs are much, much higher, making it essentially unrewarding to do.

If warfronts were eminently able to be lost, and rewarded very little or nothing when lost, nobody would bother afking them.

There is zero chance that afking in content will ever lead to a ban
Unfortunately that's true. Blizzard will never take the needed steps to make the game noticeably better.
What about Blizzard stopping afkers in Warfronts would make the game better? The only change that would make would be that you would get gear faster from the content; the content itself would be entirely unchanged.

If your measure-stick of how good warfronts are is how fast can I be finished with them, I would venture to argue that you agree with me that warfronts are not fun and essentially unrewarding when actively engaged with.

If my character spends 30 minutes in a warfront but I only have to press a key every 3-4 minutes and spend the rest of that time watching a movie or playing a different game, my active engagement with wow in that period is something like 20 seconds.

Why do you even play the game then? Unsub and play something else.
09/25/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Grommack

If my character spends 30 minutes in a warfront but I only have to press a key every 3-4 minutes and spend the rest of that time watching a movie or playing a different game, my active engagement with wow in that period is something like 20 seconds.

Because other parts of the game are fun? What a daft question.

Don't misunderstand; time spent afking in warfronts isn't "wasted" time; it's time I'm spending doing something else I wanted to be doing anyway while also progressing a character in WoW for "free". It's like a slightly more active form of the phone mission app that rewards gear instead of rep and gold.
Guys I know it's super stressful to install and log into a game you hate and then to choose to do a task you hate within the game you hate with people you hate, but could you not afk in Warfront, it makes it take longer for all of us.
09/10/2018 06:05 PMPosted by Kuuzi
09/10/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Essenti
Perhaps they should have made them more fun and engaging so people did not feel the desire to watch po....netflix instead.

It's hilarious watching people complain about players maximizing their profit per effort spent instead of complaining that blizzard pushed boring content that they obviously knew was going to reward afkers. It's not the players' fault blizzard designed this hot pile of garbage and pushed it on us knowing the state it was in. Players are always going to choose the path of least resistance.

You are the type of player that is wrog with this game and I wish you would stop playing. A decent person does not take advatage of others efforts. You are a selfish leach. If you dont like the content dont pkay it.
I've done quite a few warfronts and have only noticed a couple afk and they are called out and kicked pretty quickly.

Don't misunderstand; time spent afking in warfronts isn't "wasted" time; it's time I'm spending doing something else I wanted to be doing anyway while also progressing a character in WoW for "free". It's like a slightly more active form of the phone mission app that rewards gear instead of rep and gold.

It is rare to find such concentrated levels of toxicity and entitlement within a single person.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It is rare to find such concentrated levels of toxicity and entitlement within a single person.

Please, tell me more. I truly care about your opinion.

I don't feel entitled at all; it's clearly not the intent of the content. Nevertheless, it remains the most efficient way to farm the content I don't like. As for toxic; different strokes for different folks. I find willful stupidity far more damaging to my enjoyment of the game than willful laziness.

The hell are you to try and tell someone how to spend their own money lol?
It should be easy enough to implement a system to auto eject AFK scum.
You should get auto-kicked out and banned from queuing for 24 hours if you:

1. Don't collect and turn in resources during the building phase.
2. Don't help kill things or heal players that need healing.
3. Leave the zone.
4. Stay within 30 yards of one spot for more then 5 minutes.
5. Actually go AFK
6. Don't participate significantly in the final boss kill.
09/25/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Kineological
So then, I assume you are equally invested in banning people who are bad at their class, the game, tactics, and otherwise, right? Time investment is the reason people afk warfronts.
No. Being bad isn't a conscious choice to actively ruin the game experience for other people. Being bad is something that players can overcome with practice and training. Being a lazy bellend is just a character flaw.
I've never heard such a nonsense analogy. Stealing from a shop is against the law. Playing WoW is a form of paid entertainment. I don't owe you a damn thing, nor do I owe Blizzard anything. Blizzard is within their right to do what they like to my character, as I am within my right to withhold their money.
The analogy if fine. You are blaming the system for an action you chose to take that is obviously against the rules of the game.
If they change the rules and stop afking, I'll move on, like I did with ashran. As it stands now, the most time-efficient way to farm the gear for warfronts on alts is to afk them. Trying to actively lead groups to make them faster is far more likely to get you kicked for being anti-fun or elitist than being afk is. Stupid people still get to vote.
And the most effective way to get cash is to rob a bank. So you would be fine with stealing from a bank that doesn't lock their doors at night? Again, blaming the system for your own immoral choices.
In your own mind, sure. There are mechanics to stop it, and there are plenty of people that still do it. Furthermore, the rewards for and likelyhood of losing BGs are much, much higher, making it essentially unrewarding to do. If warfronts were eminently able to be lost, and rewarded very little or nothing when lost, nobody would bother afking them.
And there are mechanics to stop AFKing in warfronts, it's called vote-kick. The rewards for losing a BG are still there. So what if it takes a few more runs than winning. It's still less of an effort than actually trying. So I'm good then?
What about Blizzard stopping afkers in Warfronts would make the game better? The only change that would make would be that you would get gear faster from the content; the content itself would be entirely unchanged.
Removal of toxic players would be a net benefit to the entire game. If you're the type of player that AFKs a warfront I don't want to carry your butt through a M+ or raid. If you're lazy enough to AFK some of the easiest end game content, why should I believe you will contribute to more difficult content? What's to stop you from saying "Raids are boring. Kill the boss for me or make it more fun."
If your measure-stick of how good warfronts are is how fast can I be finished with them, I would venture to argue that you agree with me that warfronts are not fun and essentially unrewarding when actively engaged with.
Don't put words in my mouth. My 'measure-stick' of how good a warfront is is based on how much fun it is to play. If half my group is sitting around doing nothing it makes the whole experience more difficult than it was designed to be. Imagine the best raid boss fight you've ever experienced. Now imagine that same boss fight with all the healers AFKing with their thumbs up their backside. How much fun is that boss now?

I think the warfront is extremely fun when it unfolds as the developers intended. That includes all 20 people actively contributing. Even the best multiplayer game in the world is total garbage if you're the only one trying.

Just to reiterate my original point; the biggest problem in warfronts and BfA in general is lazy entitled spoiled players.
09/25/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Shadrock
Guys I know it's super stressful to install and log into a game you hate and then to choose to do a task you hate within the game you hate with people you hate, but could you not afk in Warfront, it makes it take longer for all of us.

This game suffers serious masochists.

Like multitudes of them.
09/25/2018 04:48 AMPosted by Lunastera

The hell are you to try and tell someone how to spend their own money lol?

The way he plays, he's dampening other peoples playtime, who also spent money on the game. Also this player obviously hates the game but keeps playing it for some reason, telling him to unsub was only a suggestion because clearly he has other things that he can do that is better than WoW, like watching b-movies and documentaries on netflix.
Blizzard really should focus on doing something about this.
People that AFK genuinely don't like people, don't like fellow players and they care nothing about anything but themselves.
They are a pure detriment to the game, and are a very bad example to newer players.
They are selfish, toxic people, in game and even in real life.
I just put them on ignore when I see them, but Blizzard still needs to do something about it.
First off, Afk'rs using the excuse that its boring content is just that an excuse if you don't plan on finishing the WF then DON'T F*N cue for it!!!! I will kick you, and make sure the votes make it, but we'll wait till 6 percent on the last boss and just when you think your going to get your epics ......DENIED you get kicked, hahahahhha the perfect ending to an afkrs lazy !@#. and pathetic small excuses, whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaa its so boring its blizz fault blah blah stop wasting other peoples time!!

sounds like someone is exploiting. and that is exactly how blizzard should treat you guys
Guys we aren't talking to the hard core narcissists here that don't care about us and never will, we hope to reach those of you who might be on the fence. Especially you kids who might think its cool to afk in Warfronts.

Kids! its never cool to afk in Warfronts. If an adult asks you to afk in a Warfront, or even brings it up casually in conversation, avoid this person! They are what we call "special" people that will die alone and afraid, because they not only did small evil things like afking in Warfronts, but other similar but much more sinister things like leaving the toilet seat up or drinking the last beer. This meant that no one really liked them during their lives, and people came to their funeral not to mourn, but to celebrate outliving the guy who used to afk in Warfronts.

Don't be this guy! You want your friends and loved ones to raise a glass to you when you go. You want them to say " Well, he never did amount to much, but by God, when he queued for a Warfront, you could count on him. He would kill an Orc or carry a log, even though he knew it was all scripted."