Warfronts seem to be just a catchup mechanism

General Discussion
I played since day one, hour one, of BFA. I leveled my character to 120 in the same day the expac came out. I did the normals, I did the heroics, I did the mythics. I worked for my gear. I worked to be in the top 150 people in my server in ilvl. And now if I wanted to invalidate my hours on hours of work, all I have to do is buy one of Blizzards conveniently advertised level boosts, and then afk in an instance for 20 minutes to get free mythic level gear. And through Blizzards cool and fun titanforging system, I can get an alt to the exact same ilvl with luck and watching youtube on my second monitor. Leave it to Blizzard to purposely invalidate everybody's work like they do every xpac.
agreed.
Your first mistake is calling your efforts to get gear "work." If that's how you think of it, you aren't ever gonna find your happy place in WoW and you'll always feel entitled to more than people who "work" less.
09/11/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Bevvil
Your first mistake is calling your efforts to get gear "work." If that's how you think of it, you aren't ever gonna find your happy place in WoW and you'll always feel entitled to more than people who "work" less.

People work for money. Why? Because they like being able to buy things. I work for gear. Why? Because I like being strong and beating up beta losers that don't work for gear :^). If someone works less for something, they shouldn't have what I have, that's not called entitled that's called common sense.
If this game is work and not play for you, you will be forever a sad man.
09/11/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Southhiee
I played since day one, hour one, of BFA. I leveled my character to 120 in the same day the expac came out. I did the normals, I did the heroics, I did the mythics. I worked for my gear. I worked to be in the top 150 people in my server in ilvl. And now if I wanted to invalidate my hours on hours of work, all I have to do is buy one of Blizzards conveniently advertised level boosts, and then afk in an instance for 20 minutes to get free mythic level gear. And through Blizzards cool and fun titanforging system, I can get an alt to the exact same ilvl with luck and watching youtube on my second monitor. Leave it to Blizzard to purposely invalidate everybody's work like they do every xpac.

How does someone else's gear affect you?
09/11/2018 03:36 AMPosted by Southhiee
09/11/2018 03:24 AMPosted by Bevvil

People work for money. Why? Because they like being able to buy things. I work for gear. Why? Because I like being strong and beating up beta losers that don't work for gear :^). If someone works less for something, they shouldn't have what I have, that's not called entitled that's called common sense.

You must be new here, and that's ok.

WoW has been doing that ever since Burning Crusade came out. People were SHOCKED that they were getting a green drop in Hellfire Peninsula that was better than their raid purple from Naxx40.

And from there, over the past 15 years, it's been all about making sure everyone is on the same footing pretty much all the time.
Catch up mechanics are nothing new to WoW.

What IS new in BfA is that we're seeing the catch up mechanics being released even before mythic raids have opened, rather than one tier later as has been seen in previous expansions. It will certainly be interesting to see how many people will even bother raiding normal/heroic if they're getting better gear from Warfronts and M+ dungeons.
09/11/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Southhiee
and then afk in an instance for 20 minutes to get free mythic level gear

1) People have been very quick to kick AFK players.
2) No rings or trinkets.
3) Really low drop on weapons.
4) Can be duplicates.
5) 1 340 per run, at 20-30 minutes per run doesn't seem much different than blitzing a Mythic 0 with a good group.
It is a little early for a catch up mechanic, we are not even a month into the expansion and mythic raiding drops today. So the gear gap shouldn't be that wide at this point.
You are absolutely correct.

That they completely invalidated their dungeons, heroics, mythics, and world quests after only THREE WEEKS, not to mention the entirely of Uldir, including mythic which only opens today AND LFR which doesn't open for another week, is staggering.

Just let that sink in.

After. 3. Weeks.

We are all accustomed to catch up zones. It's nothing new. But they did this. After. 3. Weeks.
Catch up mechanisms shouldn't come 3 weeks into an expansion and only be available to 1/2 of the player base at a time. If they wanted a catch up mechanism this early, they should have added the Honor/Valor Badge system back into the game and allowed players to work towards buying pieces they need. It worked from TBC through MoP. There was no reason to get rid of it.
Is there an option to turn off Azerite gear in this expansion somewhere?

How long has BfA been out? I think I probably spent almost a month killing Timbermaw Furblogs 12 years ago for a couple of enchanting recipes that mean nothing now.