No Warfronts as Guild Group

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
Did you guys seriously sit down, discuss the content and design of warfronts, the farming, the approach to assaulting points, probably discussed how many players it would accommodate, etc. and noone jotted down and made sure/tested it could be queued as a particular sized group?

I planned out a hotel-wide hardware and network deployment of utility-reliant consumer paid wifi with one coworker THE NIGHT BEFORE with a tighter plan than it sounds like you deployed this Warfront feature. You had months.
09/11/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Drovos
09/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Ythisens
I did it in a group of 5 but honestly didn't know you couldn't queue as a group of 20. Thanks for the note.

If you have a link to that it would be much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/N9ONyL3pIWY?t=1666

LUL

Promises, promises...
I just checked out the linked video and it says "queue with 20 members of your faction"... It never mentions guilds or any specific types of groups...

So, while Blizz never promised to allow a guild group of 20 to queue, I think it would be an awesome idea!
09/11/2018 05:24 PMPosted by Drovos
09/11/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Ythisens
I did it in a group of 5 but honestly didn't know you couldn't queue as a group of 20. Thanks for the note.

If you have a link to that it would be much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/N9ONyL3pIWY?t=1666

LUL

I guess he thinks all those people afking for loot are my closest friends. Well he said faction friends so that means the entirety of my faction even on different servers!

I can't wait for the sarah huckabee sanders on why ilvl req was hotfixed but nothing was done about joining as raid.
Cuing as a guild could have been fun....

Ion hates fun. Fun must be destroyed.
09/12/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Mornosh
I just checked out the linked video and it says "queue with 20 members of your faction"... It never mentions guilds or any specific types of groups...

So, while Blizz never promised to allow a guild group of 20 to queue, I think it would be an awesome idea!

He says "you and 19 of your closest faction friends" which to me does not mean random players of my faction because most people I'm in a guild with aren't my closest friends.
Still waiting on Blizzard to tell us why this restriction is in place.
Hey, bump. This topic got really stale. Any updates?
Bump.
Yeah, what he said.
Honestly being put into a match where a guild controlled 10 or 15 people and vote kicked others that did not listen could be degenerate. Imagine being relegated to resource collection when you want to go fight and capture points.
Bump.
Is this still a thing? I was going to schedule an event tonight for my guild when the Alliance unlock the warfront.. is it still limited to 5 people?
09/11/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Cowfucius
It is funny that a PVE centric content of 20 players vs AI cant allow guild groups higher than 5 people, we had a plan to do it as a guild and work on the achievements and just have fun, guess that is a word Blizzard doesnt understand. Player choice this expac seems really limited. I dont usually complain about the state of the game but this seems a huge oversight or just a giant dumb call having one of your key futures of the expansion locked like this. Islands are a giant borefoest also with random rewards and no way to target them. I still enjoy Mythic Plus a lot and Uldir is fun even though I just started it on Normal and wont cry like others that I will unsub but dam Blizz you are making really hard to keep logging in besides making your game a dungeon crawler and that is not what an MMO is supposed to be.

Frankly who cares its garbage content
Most likely because big guilds love to be bullies on players who que'd without a guild. They do majority vote to troll people and make fun of people
I want to queue in a group of more than 5 players. I wanted to queue with guildies and friends.
Some guilds foster a real community with one another to extract the true enjoyment of an MMORPG out of WoW: experiencing the game together.

Warfronts, whether they're "good content" or "bad content", should not be excluded from the list of things you can do with your guild.

This seems more like an oversight on Blizzard's part, rather than an intentional thing. Hopefully we get this fixed soon.
they dont want big groups queue and finish in 5 min by bullrushing mid its to artificially extend content thats why you cannot queue as a raid
09/19/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Mcbeardy
they dont want big groups queue and finish in 5 min by bullrushing mid its to artificially extend content thats why you cannot queue as a raid

Believe it or not, Blizzard doesn't actually do the whole "artificial extension of content" stuff you're talking about. The average, self-entitled gamer of this generation thinks that they shouldn't have to try if they spend money on something. They want the sense of accomplishment to be granted directly to them, as if paying money for it is the only true indicator of whether or not they deserve to earn any given reward or service.

You've forgotten (or perhaps you've never learned) that working towards something you care about, regardless of what it is you choose to care about, is both fulfilling and ultimately gratifying once accomplished. "Forcing" players to do any given content is too narrow a mindset. You pay for the game, after all. You're not being forced to do anything but play how you like.

If "playing how you like" means that you don't want to grind a bunch of things, like reputation to unlock faction-related rewards, or experience points to level a character, or in-game currency to purchase an expensive, but cool item, then don't do that. However, you have to simultaneously accept the fact that you won't receive the reward without putting in the effort. The act of decrying corruption and malignant business practices (against a company who designs a game played and enjoyed by millions of people) as a direct response to a feeling of dissatisfaction that you'd have to put a little effort and time into receiving a reward you have your eye on is characterized by both self-victimization and blatant laziness.

The simple fact that there are players who can unlock these "high-end" rewards within hours or days of their release speaks to the fact that it doesn't actually take very much time or effort to do so. It indicates that those players probably benefit from a greater ability to focus on completing a given task (or perhaps just have more time to do so than others), which is OKAY. It's okay for someone else to do something before you, to be better at a skill, to learn faster, try harder, etc. It's okay to come in second place, man. It just means you're learning how to succeed for yourself.

Anyway, to cease this digression and return to the topic at hand, the restriction on group size for warfront queues is just unnecessary. Sure, there could end up being an issue somewhere down the road where a mean-spirited guild bullies a non-guild player in the group into submission and acquiescence, but the likelihood of that happening is low. The hypothetically-bullied player could also just leave the warfront and queue again to not be placed with such a controlling group. Autonomy is something we forget to express too often.
I want keep this going.

My guild just found out you cant q as a raid.:(. This be great content if we can q as a with more then 5, such as your guild who should have more then 5 people.
I can see the down side as the "raid group" are being mean to the non raid people but the why we have a mute and report buttons in the game.

*bonus: Add a harder mode to warfronts*