Reorigination Array, another example of comm failures

General Discussion
09/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
This stacks up to 10 and each stack provides 75 of your highest secondary stat.

So if I'm ridiculously starved for haste for example, and have too much mastery, I'm going to still be starved for haste and have even more mastery. How can you people think any of this is a good idea?
Well played, blizz. If you fall off a horse, just keep rolling down that hill... something will stop you eventually.
09/12/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Andros
Well played, blizz. If you fall off a horse, just keep rolling down that hill... something will stop you eventually.

this made me lol
I think this is really clever. Alt runs are going to be huge going forward during these BFA raid tiers if this is the design for Azerite pieces moving forward.
Doesn't this absolutely kill the viability of alts? Unless said alt kills about as many bosses as the main it's going to become woefully behind?
09/12/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Zishir
This... makes no sense.

The entire idea of buffing people/nerfing bosses as raids go on is so that it'll be easier to defeat them.

But, with this system.. the only way to earn that buff is to actually defeat the bosses...

The people who can stack this buff up and beat the bosses.. don't need the buff to make the fight easier.

New people coming in to the raid will have 0 stacks of this buff, regardless of how long the raid has been out.

Unless I'm missing something, this seems like yet another dropped ball.

I guess unless you're having trouble with Boss #4, you can defeat the first 3, 3 weeks in a row, and get buffed up until you're powerful enough to beat Boss #4 and continue on.. just like what would happen from getting gear from the first three bosses, but in a more reliable and consistent manner.

Great for guilds.

Death for pugs as invite requirements will be insane.
09/12/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Sungamnori

It's not surprising, but they really didn't think this through.

Why on earth would a guild or pug take someone with fewer stacks? Unless you've cleared some bosses multiple times you're gonna be useless to them compared to someone else.
09/12/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Migolcow
Doesn't this absolutely kill the viability of alts? Unless said alt kills about as many bosses as the main it's going to become woefully behind?

I mean, if you run your alts through RaidFinder every week, they shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with your main in Normal/Heroic/Mythic.
09/12/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Sungamnori

I guess unless you're having trouble with Boss #4, you can defeat the first 3, 3 weeks in a row, and get buffed up until you're powerful enough to beat Boss #4 and continue on.. just like what would happen from getting gear from the first three bosses, but in a more reliable and consistent manner.

Great for guilds.

Great for guilds indeed.

Unfortunately.... this seems pointless outside of raiding. so I am guessing i have less reason to do Mythic+ because the azerite gear is specifically tuned for Uldir.
09/12/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Sungamnori
09/12/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Migolcow

I mean, if you run your alts through RaidFinder every week, they shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with your main in Normal/Heroic/Mythic.

Why would you do that though? That's like self torture
Wondering also if it can go up to 2250 secondary if you have 3 pieces all selected with that Azerite trait or if it just procs more often with 2 or 3?
Ythisens, while I appreciate the in-depth explanation, the mechanic itself is yet another ridiculous addition that was unnecessary.

It doesn't matter how well you can convey WoW's new 'features' to the GD/playerbase. If the feature itself is garbage, the reception and reaction to said features will be equally so.
I appreciate Ythisen's input, but the original point still remains: This information should be in-game.

There's so many things hidden from the player in an effort to stop confusing players with too much information, except the result is that it is infinitely more confusing. Tons of specs still have hidden stat modifiers, M+ weekly cache reward structure is different than listed, Reorigination Array has nearly zero information in-game and is entirely reliant on data-mining, there's no way to see how Azerite traits interact with each other, etc.

I mean no disrespect, I know the developers work extremely hard on WoW, but this is a major failure of design. Less information is not less confusing when the effects are still present.
09/12/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Shenhua
Wondering also if it can go up to 2250 secondary if you have 3 pieces all selected with that Azerite trait or if it just procs more often with 2 or 3?

Nope:

This also doesn't stack with multiple traits that provide Reorigination Array.
09/12/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Oleandra
09/12/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Shenhua

Nope:

This also doesn't stack with multiple traits that provide Reorigination Array.

Ok thanks
And another thing that I notice, as a BM hunter I got 32% mastery and 23% crit with my equiped gear, but the buff says I gonna get 75 crit per stack, shouln't I got mastery (my high secondary stat)?
09/12/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Sungamnori

LFR does in fact grant it and the pieces as well. You essentially have 4 chances per week of getting the piece if a singular boss drops one that you need (LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic) plus seals plus weekly quests that grant you a cache that contains a random piece of Uldir gear, guildies or other raiders not needing and willing to trade, etc. There is an insane amount of opportunities to get the pieces that have them, as well as you always earn progress each week toward the stacking as long as you get the three boss kills on any level. You can do 2 bosses on normal and 1 on heroic or any other combination of difficulties and it still credits the same.
Deleted for a quick edit :) Sorry for the confusion :P

09/12/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Krakerjack
This WoWHead article just came across my feed, describing in detail how the "Reorigination Array" effect on AA pieces from Uldir works.

TL;DR - Old content would sometimes apply a raid wide mob debuff on a set schedule, and it was applied game-wide. This, instead, is a naturally evolving nerf to the raid, attached to your personal progress.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287086/the-effect-of-reorigination-array-in-uldir

It's kind of clever, I don't see what the problem is with a game-wide static effect, but it's something else that you can earn. However the article itself illustrates that the team is being too clever by half with this system:

The tooltip doesn't describe what the actual effect is, you have to get the buff to see it.
There's no explanation of stacking effects with dupes on other AA pieces or with trinket effects (this is a broader issue with Azerite Armor effects).
The "hidden quest" system that bolsters this effect over time is just that: hidden. Looks like wowhead got this stuff from datamining. This should be visible in-game.

If I'm relying on a 3rd party site to datamine core game mechanics and explain their functionality, there's a problem.

It is a clever system but I do have some insight to share on how it works. Apologies for the lengthy description but I wanted to explain it given what you pointed out now that I have some information to share on it.

So Reorigination Array is a secondary bonus to traits from Archive of the Titans or Laser Matrix. When those are selected on a piece of Azerite gear that is equipped it provides Reorigination Array. This is a passive buff that is always up while you're inside the instance. This also doesn't stack with multiple traits that provide Reorigination Array.

There is a Reorigination Array hidden quest associated to your character that tracks and gradually improves this buff over time as you progress week over week within Uldir. Every week there is essentially a weekly quest that tracks your kills, and once you kill 3 bosses in Uldir you gain a stack added to Reorigination Array. You do not need a piece for this to track your kills. So if you killed 3 bosses last week and got your piece this week with Archive of the Titans, don't worry as you'd correctly be at 2 stacks if you killed 3 bosses this week as well. This stacks up to 10 and each stack provides 75 of your highest secondary stat. This also tracks regardless of difficulty so you can even track and obtain the items with these traits on Raid Finder.

Once you obtain a piece you'll notice the Reorigination Array tooltip changes depending on some certain conditional statuses. If you haven't killed any bosses this week in Uldir it will read additionally "Defeat 3 more powerful foes in Uldir to increase the effectiveness of Reorigination Array.". This will be under the current bonus it provides if you have earned any stacks already. As you kill bosses for your weekly count you'll see this counter go down until it disappears as you've earned your 3 needed kills for the week and you'll instantly get that next stack.

thanks for explaining. I think the biggest issue here is that it is hidden. it is not even touched upon in game. That is the biggest issue this entire expansion actually. The lack of communication from Blizzard to the players. Hell, lack of communication to everybody, including Blizzard endorsed websites. Total neglect across the board.
09/12/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Lod
And another thing that I notice, as a BM hunter I got 32% mastery and 23% crit with my equiped gear, but the buff says I gonna get 75 crit per stack, shouln't I got mastery (my high secondary stat)?

It will be the highest stat value, not percentage.
09/12/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Lod

Different stats scale differently providing different % gain for each point of that stat. Mastery even varies between specs, since it's a different effect for each spec. It's rating rather than % you should use to compare which stat you have the most of on your gear.

In your case, you have 1162 Crit rating, but only 733 Mastery. Crit is the correct stat for it to give you.