Reorigination Array, another example of comm failures

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/12/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/12/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Sungamnori
I mean, if you run your alts through RaidFinder every week, they shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with your main in Normal/Heroic/Mythic.

LFR does in fact grant it and the pieces as well. You essentially have 4 chances per week of getting the piece if a singular boss drops one that you need (LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic) plus seals plus weekly quests that grant you a cache that contains a random piece of Uldir gear, guildies or other raiders not needing and willing to trade, etc. There is an insane amount of opportunities to get the pieces that have them, as well as you always earn progress each week toward the stacking as long as you get the three boss kills on any level. You can do 2 bosses on normal and 1 on heroic or any other combination of difficulties and it still credits the same.

I am curious though if the effect this would have on the requirements for getting an invite to a PUG was considered at all?

PUGs already have ilvl requirements, did you consider that they'd start to also have RA lvl requirements and think that was reasonable?
09/12/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Oleandra
09/12/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Lod
And another thing that I notice, as a BM hunter I got 32% mastery and 23% crit with my equiped gear, but the buff says I gonna get 75 crit per stack, shouln't I got mastery (my high secondary stat)?

Different stats scale differently providing different % gain for each point of that stat. Mastery even varies between specs, since it's a different effect for each spec. It's rating rather than % you should use to compare which stat you have the most of on your gear.

In your case, you have 1162 Crit rating, but only 733 Mastery. Crit is the correct stat for it to give you.

Tks for clarifie this, that means, if I manage to get more mastery, the buff is gonna change, thats interesting.
09/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
This also doesn't stack with multiple traits that provide Reorigination Array.

So even if i had 3 of archive of the titans or laser matrix it wouldn't give me 750 secondary for each just one instance of 750 at 10 stacks?

Also M+ has no equivalent to this, how is m+ supposed to be its own progression path if there isn't azerite gear that only works in M+ and not in raid?
*walks over *pushes raid into a wood chipper*
lol they dont even address top tier shaman talents negating eachother.
09/12/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/12/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Lod
And another thing that I notice, as a BM hunter I got 32% mastery and 23% crit with my equiped gear, but the buff says I gonna get 75 crit per stack, shouln't I got mastery (my high secondary stat)?

It will be the highest stat value, not percentage.

My understanding is this is effected by temporary buffs too(?)

So someone hits bloodlust/heroism, and half the raid's bonus swaps to haste.

Intended?
09/12/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Blupache
<span class="truncated">...</span>
It will be the highest stat value, not percentage.

Intended?

Heroism shouldn't have this effect as it doesn't work by increasing your Haste rating. Stat rating based trinket procs might, though.
The people who can stack this buff up and beat the bosses.. don't need the buff to make the fight easier.

Not true. If you're stuck on Mythrax and G'huun, for example, you can at least kill 3 other prior bosses and stack up your buff. And eventually that buff may tip the balance a couple of weeks later and give you the throughput to finish the last couple of bosses. Although there's a solution that's even easier than that. Just queue for one wing of LFR and kill the three bosses to collect your weekly buff.

Intended?

Heroism shouldn't have this effect as it doesn't work by increasing your Haste rating. Stat rating based trinket procs might, though.

Correct. Heroism/Bloodlust doesn't provide a raw stat value increase, its just a flat 30% haste buff. So Heroism/Bloodlust wouldn't affect it. Trinkets could though if they do proc and that is enough to push you in one direction or another.
09/12/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Shippujinlai
09/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Ythisens
This also doesn't stack with multiple traits that provide Reorigination Array.

So even if i had 3 of archive of the titans or laser matrix it wouldn't give me 750 secondary for each just one instance of 750 at 10 stacks?

Also M+ has no equivalent to this, how is m+ supposed to be its own progression path if there isn't azerite gear that only works in M+ and not in raid?

Correct. You would only have one stack of Reorigination Array and multiples of Archive of the Titans or Laser Matix wouldn't affect it in any way. It would still function as if there was only one. However the effects from Laser Matrix and Archive of the Titans should behave and stack like similar traits, just not Reorigination Array.

Correct, Reorigination Array only works while you're in Uldir.
Well said sir!

I don't just see it now. I've been seeing it since mid mop until now.

It's been a slow burn but the game isn't being made with nearly as much love as it was pre mop.

I mean the whole copy and paste mission tables and world quests is a giant red flag. No one liked any of it in wod.....it screams maintenance mode (but with subs!).

At this point, I think players have more investment in it than blizzard does.
09/12/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Ythisens
Correct. You would only have one stack of Reorigination Array and multiples of Archive of the Titans or Laser Matix wouldn't affect it in any way. It would still function as if there was only one. However the effects from Laser Matrix and Archive of the Titans should behave and stack like similar traits, just not Reorigination Array.

I love that you're answering these, but I'd like to circle back to the OP's point in the first post.

It's kind of clever, I don't see what the problem is with a game-wide static effect, but it's something else that you can earn. However the article itself illustrates that the team is being too clever by half with this system:

The tooltip doesn't describe what the actual effect is, you have to get the buff to see it.
There's no explanation of stacking effects with dupes on other AA pieces or with trinket effects (this is a broader issue with Azerite Armor effects).
The "hidden quest" system that bolsters this effect over time is just that: hidden. Looks like wowhead got this stuff from datamining. This should be visible in-game.

That we have to get clarification on this means it isn't easy to understand - and either needs datamining and theorycrafters to figure out after the fact AND/OR a CM in this case to answer them. That's not a failing of technology, that's a failing of process.

We should have a better system of being able to glean this data in the context of either the game or a company sponsored/owned site to provide it. (You have probably read my rather long commentary before on lack of company visibility to consumers and this falls squarely in that realm.)
Hey Ythisens, is it intended that you need to be alive at the end of a boss kill to get credit for the Reorigination Array upgrade quest?

It says I need one more kill, but kills were only counting for me lastnight if I was alive at the end of the fight.

Maybe just a tooltip bug?
All this Blue text and no answer to why this wasn't explained in a blog, before the damn raid launched!
Okay, now you know what to do if you plan a similar mechanic: make a blog post so people know what the system does. You can even call it "Developer Insight".

As a suggestion on the system, add a secondary time sensitive check in order to prop up people that join late. You can make it stack slower than getting three kills a week, just have it pick the highest bonus available.
Is the requirement to unlock the array higher than 3 kills? because i killed 3 bosses last week and 3 bosses this week and have only gotten 1 stack. Also is there a catch up mechanic? like if i miss a week of raiding am i just forever behind everyone else?
Thanks is advance for any replies.
This seems like a whole of extra stuff and a whole lot of confusion and I'ma just skip the raid this time around. With warfronts around for gear, who needs Uldir anyways tbh.
09/12/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Ythisens

An expert dodge i can see why you are a professional.
09/12/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Berusein
Great for guilds indeed.

Unfortunately.... this seems pointless outside of raiding. so I am guessing i have less reason to do Mythic+ because the azerite gear is specifically tuned for Uldir.

You cannot get Archive of the Titans or Laser Matrix traits from any gear outside of Uldir. So, you can do Mythic+ as much as you want.

On the off chance that you do however get a piece of Uldir gear that has that trait, but don't plan on raiding, that's fine, just don't select the Archive of the Titans or Laser Matrix trait, there are other options to choose from.
09/12/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Ythisens
09/12/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Sungamnori
I mean, if you run your alts through RaidFinder every week, they shouldn't have any trouble keeping up with your main in Normal/Heroic/Mythic.

LFR does in fact grant it and the pieces as well. You essentially have 4 chances per week of getting the piece if a singular boss drops one that you need (LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic) plus seals plus weekly quests that grant you a cache that contains a random piece of Uldir gear, guildies or other raiders not needing and willing to trade, etc. There is an insane amount of opportunities to get the pieces that have them, as well as you always earn progress each week toward the stacking as long as you get the three boss kills on any level. You can do 2 bosses on normal and 1 on heroic or any other combination of difficulties and it still credits the same.

y Run LFR when Warfronts guaranteed a 340?