4 hours in Siege of Boralus +0, help

General Discussion
DPS is terribly low

I was pulling that much at like 290ilvl
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why...? It's very easy. Mythic 0s can be done at 310 ilvl easily, maybe even lower. If OP's group can't clear the dungeon, it's because they are too lazy to learn stat priorities, rotations, and boss mechanics. That's not Blizzard's fault.

Two things.
1. I agree the issue was with our group, not the dungeon itself as far as I know.
2. If you read all of my post, I narrated exactly what we did, and specified we stopped between bosses to consult wowhead and read strats. If 4 hours without giving up on a 5 man is lazy, what do you consider effort? I also wouldn't have made this thread if I wasn't willing to put in effort to learn. So I disagree.

That absolutely is effort. The problem is that it's not really where it seems the effort needs to be. It doesn't matter how well you understand this fight if you straight up cannot put up the numbers to do it, you know? A lot of fights you can sort of plod through with low damage if the healer's mana can sustain that, but this isn't one of those fights.

If your group's damage is too low you end up with either multiple demos spawned which will rapidly get out of hand, or continually killing a stream of demos and never getting any time on the gripper so you can use the cannon, clean up any remaining demos, and move on to new platforms. Neverending killing of demos without getting uptime on the gripper will eventually OOM the healer and end the attempt anyway.

It's good that your group was clearly willing to research the encounter. That same willingness needs to be applied to character specs. The damage being done here shows that there are real problems with character loadout and rotation execution, even accounting for the fact that melee must move to target swap.

Proper stat priorities, running at least the cheap gems/enchants (though both tiers of weapon enchants have the same cost), optimal or at least viable talent choices, and practice with the correct rotation/skill prioritizations. All of these things, if not already being done, will help your group tremendously.
Yikes, did my first run with at 316 as resto, 313 guardian druid, 3x 315-325 melee dps. Last boss took about an hour to figure out. The debuff was the biggest issue with everyone being melee and all. That and being a resto sham on a stupid LoS hellhole fight.

We had our highest DPS stay on gripping tentacle while the 2 lesser dps worked on the demo's. We also learned not use the back path for the 3rd platform. It isn't a DPS race tbh.

The DPS doesn't match your ilvl even for feral druids.
09/15/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Laraus
Dps: 2000-5000 per member on average

I know this is a skewed reply (lots of walking in that boss) but I pull this as an average DPS as Disc.
09/15/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Oleandra

If your group's damage is too low you end up with either multiple demos spawned which will rapidly get out of hand, or continually killing a stream of demos and never getting any time on the gripper so you can use the cannon, clean up any remaining demos, and move on to new platforms. Neverending killing of demos without getting uptime on the gripper will eventually OOM the healer and end the attempt anyway.

Wow. Yeah...that's actually a pretty good description of what happened, and you weren't even there. We'd get endless demos. I think we made it to the second cannon by the 5 minute mark, on average.
09/15/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Aesthetic
09/15/2018 07:54 AMPosted by Isilynor
Dps is astronomically low

It’s a mythic 0

Sub 5k is bad.....

But target swapping as feral isn't good. And the DK has no mobility.

So you had several things stacked against you.
Unfortunately just a screenshot of your DPS/Healing percentages tells me nothing about the group's rotation or how you or they are playing the game. If you want really good feedback on how you're playing, you'll want to go to www.warcraftlogs.com, make an account there, download their program, and start recording your dungeons.

Wowlogs allows people to see a complete breakdown of the fight, including what abilities were used and when, who died to what, etc. Def worth the investment for anybody trying to better their game play. You can also paruse the logs of other higher-hps players and see what they're doing that you're not. It isn't always a gear issue!

Gud stuff!
2. If you read all of my post, I narrated exactly what we did, and specified we stopped between bosses to consult wowhead and read strats. If 4 hours without giving up on a 5 man is lazy, what do you consider effort? I also wouldn't have made this thread if I wasn't willing to put in effort to learn. So I disagree.

I haven't combed through the logs you posted because honestly I am lazy, but it seems like DPS was a huge issue. And what does that mean? It means people don't know how to play their class. And that's in an era when most classes have been pruned down to having like 3-4 core abilities. Also means people may not know stat priorities and are gearing inefficiently. For example, mastery is my lowest simming stat by a decent margin, so if I try to stack mastery on every piece of gear, my DPS is going to be much lower than if I had stacked my highest stat on every piece of gear.

It's great that you were looking up strats and had the resilience to stay in the dungeon for four hours, but some other part of your group's play (stats and rotations) are being seriously neglected. And those issues could most likely be fixed with a 10 minute trip to class forums or even icyveins. That's the reason why I'm saying there's laziness involved.
09/15/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Xiata
And this folks, right here, is why regular Mythic dungeons should NEVER be a random queue.

Not at all overtuned. People just have to do mechanics. I had no issues clearing it during week 2 of BFA. In a random pug group. But we knew our class/learned from a wipe

See how much fun you have running this nonsense for a couple more months.
2 feral Druids

lol
Lol damn I probably would have left after 40 minutes.
At least one of the Ferals needed to go Boomy. Feral DPS is still garbage.
If this happens to you again I would suggest you leave. What a waste of time.
Dps: 2000-5000 per member on average

You guys were ilvl 300 or something ?
kill the tenticle that holds the engineer while the tank tanks the other tenticle

Someone run jump in the cannon after engineer fixes it

shoot boss

exit cannon before he destroys it and run away from the damage incoming area.

Heal up, move to another rinse and repeat for that one and the final one

Boom done.

5 guildies did it as soon as we had the jania quest to go there and probably had 310 or so gear

It was chalengy, not impossible, but mechanics > dps for a lot of it.

Helped a lot to have a very experienced and good tank and healer One hunter, one lock and me in ret

The fellow that ya have to kite over bombs when he gets lots of speed stacks is the usual sticking point.
Why would you stay in an instance that long? You realize u can just leave and reque right....
09/15/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Aesthetic

It’s a mythic 0

330-345 ilvl

That's STUPID low DPS. People need to L2P.

Everyone should be pulling at LEAST 8k at that Ilvl.

People are clearing this @ 320 with ease.

At least 8k at 330-345? wut? nobody is pulling that at least from what ive seen, normally I've seen between 6-7k 8s really high for that ilvl
The group comp was a druid tank, 2 feral druids

Yikes