Thunderous Blast to be Nerfed

General Discussion
Laser Matrix too. Nice. I was getting tired of ignoring armor in uldir unless it had one of these two traits. Hopefully more class specific traits are buffed to bring them more in line
It needed it, but wow.

Looking at some of these numbers for the changes...how can you possibly be off by this much? They're increasing the damage of a beast mastery trait by four hundred percent. There's another trait that's being reduced by 55%.

Just....how are you that far off? You shouldn't even need to test it to be closer than that. A naive DPS spreadsheet analysis should get you closer than that.

I don't mean to flame too hard but...anytime a change that large is needed, this soon, I gotta say I'm not impressed.
09/17/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
It needed it, but wow.

Looking at some of these numbers for the changes...how can you possibly be off by this much? They're increasing the damage of a beast mastery trait by four hundred percent. There's another trait that's being reduced by 55%.

Just....how are you that far off? You shouldn't even need to test it to be closer than that. A naive DPS spreadsheet analysis should get you closer than that.

I don't mean to flame too hard but...anytime a change that large is needed, this soon, I gotta say I'm not impressed.

I had 370 shoulders that were collecting dust because my 340 one has thunderous blast. Even having two stacks of it was a joke, it was my fourth most damaging ability on most fights that were longer than a minute or two
Might just wear heirloom helm chest and shoulders this xpac, at least i know they won't get nerfed, and at the very least give stats.
So are we happy that Blizzard is making exactly the kind of change we've been screaming about for weeks? Or are we mad that Blizzard is making a change? It's so hard to keep track these days.
09/17/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Slimeseason

I had 370 shoulders that were collecting dust because my 340 one has thunderous blast. Even having two stacks of it was a joke, it was my fourth most damaging ability on most fights that were longer than a minute or two

same here. easily 6-8% of my damage
thank god. It's about time spec specific talents start being better than boring traits every class gets.
They nerfed Scribe as if it wasn't the most useless profession already lol.

Also hell yeah for a Fury trait buff. That's one of the main things holding Fury back is all the traits suck.
09/17/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Zoopain
thank god. It's about time spec specific talents start being better than boring traits every class gets.

Spec-specific traits needed to be better, but the appropriate solution would be to buff those instead of arbitrarily gutting the good ones.

That also goes counter to WW Monk's best trait being absolutely destroyed instead of Blizzard simply making the weaker traits better. This has always been their particular nonsensical style of "tuning" so I'm not really surprised.
09/17/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
It needed it, but wow.

These things happen when you rush an expansion out the door to meet a sales deadline.
09/17/2018 10:33 PMPosted by Razdrak
Might just wear heirloom helm chest and shoulders this xpac, at least i know they won't get nerfed, and at the very least give stats.

They got nerfed not long ago man sorry to break it to you.
Beta for Azeroth.

Honestly though, Thunderous Blast has had this coming for a long time.

I don't understand the Laser Matrix nerf, Uldir traits should be strong. I expect its being nerfed because of how good it is with more than 1 piece.. which is the biggest problem.. trait stacking needs to be killed.
The buff to barbed shot does literally nothing because barbed shot damage is literally nothing. It's so dumb that they still don't know what they're doing with balancing this stuff.
I'm so sad. This is really gonna hurt my world questing as a tank.
If it makes you feel any better, Laser Matrix was even stronger on Beta
09/17/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Flaash
So are we happy that Blizzard is making exactly the kind of change we've been screaming about for weeks? Or are we mad that Blizzard is making a change? It's so hard to keep track these days.

Changes are good just do it at the right time, you know that big balancing patch we get when the tier starts.
Sucks that I need to replace my thunderous blast gear -.- didnt even get a chance to farm other stuff guess my shaman and shadow priest got nerfed without compensation... Why blizz why?
09/18/2018 01:11 AMPosted by Kulrülk
09/17/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Flaash

Changes are good just do it at the right time, you know that big balancing patch we get when the tier starts.
You think you do, but you don't. Just watch the feedback in about 12 hours. People will take to the streets with pitchforks and torches if Ion announces they are waiting till the next big balancing patch.