What is the best way to level as a priest?

Priest
disc or shadow? and any talent advice plz? i suck so bad on this toon.
when i get around to leveling my priest it'll be questing as disc. switching to holy or shadow if i do a dungeon. disc is just brokenly op in the world. and shadow sucks. (i have another baby priest and he gets facerolled by mobs as shadow)
Shadow has a bit more throughput, Disc has a lot more survivability. Pick your poison.

If you go Disc, I would recommend talents Castigation / Schism, Solace, Sins of the Many, and Divine Star. It is also a big benefit to turn on Warmode and take Trinity, Searing Light, and Dark Archangel.
09/21/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Aeterna
Shadow has a bit more throughput, Disc has a lot more survivability. Pick your poison.

If you go Disc, I would recommend talents Castigation / Schism, Solace, Sins of the Many, and Divine Star. It is also a big benefit to turn on Warmode and take Trinity, Searing Light, and Dark Archangel.

This is just what I did, just hit 120 about 1.2 hr ago. lvld Disc, now going shadow as I was B4.
Shadow is a little faster than disc, but far more stressful. If you don't have good legendaries for shadow, preferably the legendary chest, then I probably wouldn't even bother with it. It's pretty hard to die as disc while questing. If you spec schism your single target burst will far exceed shadow on quick elite fights and what not. Holy is insanely slow so I wouldn't pick that. I'd go disc with schism, Solace, and divine star for a little more aoe. Dot everything with pain, keep atonement up on yourself, and just smite and penance things till they die. Schism into solace into penance will kill 90 percent of mobs. If you level with war mode on you can usually tank a 120 pretty easily and you'll be able to use the pvp talent that increases smite damage and lowers penances cool down which really speeds things up.
Good ideas, thanks, im trying solace for the first time it seems like a good choice, ill give schism a go bit later too.
Depends on how you level. I leveled my alt through dungeons healing as disc. 110-120 took about 1-2 hours per level with rested. Only leveled while rested.
I'm leveling my priest as a hunter. It is working much better!
09/21/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Aeterna

I agree with this. However I personally leveled as shadow even though everyone says to level as disc. I was just faster with shadow but when I leveled I was a lightforged draenei so I'd pull a lot and use the racial lol. That helped quite a bit.
Shadow. Hands down, switch to your healing spec when healing. I am Holy Main but I’m only in that spec in a group.