Did Disc Get Nerfed?

Priest
Starting today (past 6 or so hours) I've noticed that I'm going OOM way too quickly in battlegrounds. This wasn't a problem until today, as the past few weeks at 120, I've had zero mana issues and now I'm going OOM rather quickly. Did Disc get nerf batted in the face or something?
I don't know of any current nerf, and if there was one, they haven't posted it as far as I can tell.

If you do a lot of dispelling, shadow mending, or bubbling, you'll run out of mana pretty quick.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769069084?page=1

I think so. Well deserved imo, disc priests in PvP are raid bosses!
09/24/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Discipulus

That blue post says better mana not worse. Was 30% less mana regen in combat, changed to 20%. Less passive damage redux tho.

The real suck is weakened soul 9n the ptr. It's baaaaaaaaaack!
09/24/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Motrin

That blue post says better mana not worse. Was 30% less mana regen in combat, changed to 20%. Less passive damage redux tho.

The real suck is weakened soul 9n the ptr. It's baaaaaaaaaack!

Interesting. I was thinking of leveling a Disc Priest for mythic dungeons as I don't like Holy Paladin. Wonder how much the PvE aspect will be nerfed.
Thank you for the responses. I just noticed last night that I was going OOM rather quickly, and did not have that issue previous, but I think I've been going berserk on PW: Shield than previously, so that might have been it, but still seems like OOM much more quickly than expected. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to see the Focused Will nerf in action before I have a gripe. Can already get trounced by warriors, but to be fair, I'm poorly geared, so I take that as my own issue.

Thanks again for your replies.
Weakened soul being added back in probably won't be a big deal. While I don't really agree with the change, if you were prioritizing shielding versus DPS/atonement healing, you were probably not doing it right. 6 seconds isn't a huge issue and I imagine most people won't even feel the change that much. Heavy movement it was helpful and for some oh !@#$ moments it might help out a bit and that will be lost. But on the flip side, I think it will make us better healers, because it will force us not to use PW:S as a crutch and we'll have to plan a bit more ahead of time. The only downside to disc is that if you get behind you are punished heavily. We need to be proactive and stay on top of the situation.

I have no idea if this will be a bigger nerf in PVP as I don't really care about any PVP other than open world, which I have fun with.
It will be a big deal in pve raiding if weakened soul is a universal debuff, as i cant apply my atonement if your weakened soul is on the tank. That was how it was before. If they fixed that then not a big pve change.

In pvp it flips the narrative where an unskilled disc can (for a while) shrug off a mediocre melee. Of course that cannot be allowed, so they are removing shield spam. Funny tho, that unskilled melee have been able to sit on shadow forever and it is still ok...
09/24/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Methuzla
Weakened soul being added back in probably won't be a big deal. While I don't really agree with the change, if you were prioritizing shielding versus DPS/atonement healing, you were probably not doing it right. 6 seconds isn't a huge issue and I imagine most people won't even feel the change that much. Heavy movement it was helpful and for some oh !@#$ moments it might help out a bit and that will be lost. But on the flip side, I think it will make us better healers, because it will force us not to use PW:S as a crutch and we'll have to plan a bit more ahead of time. The only downside to disc is that if you get behind you are punished heavily. We need to be proactive and stay on top of the situation.

I have no idea if this will be a bigger nerf in PVP as I don't really care about any PVP other than open world, which I have fun with.

My PW:S right now with Mastery is shielding almost as much as Flash Heal is healing as Holy. Losing the ability to recast that on a target for 6 seconds is bigger issue than you’d think in high Mythic+ keys.
09/24/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Moringa
09/24/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Methuzla

My PW:S right now with Mastery is shielding almost as much as Flash Heal is healing as Holy. Losing the ability to recast that on a target for 6 seconds is bigger issue than you’d think in high Mythic+ keys.

I agree! -sad-

"I have no idea what I'm talking about."