Do I understand Warfronts correctly?

General Discussion
That's what Alliance gets for winning at AV too much.
09/10/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Rea
09/10/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Machineman

What's even the point of collecting resources?

Quickly rep boost with Honorbound/7th Legion for those who haven't exalted yet.

Otherwise... no idea.

I'm 15k/21k and this is my second week at cap. By the time warfronts get unlocked I need that rep why?
09/10/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Machineman
Yeah, no one seems to get it.

What's even the point of collecting resources? It's gonna flip anyway. There was no reason to make this anything other than a faction scenario, other than the drag it on for the intent of subscription retention. Even if they get half of the players to extend just one more month to see the Warfront... that's a lot of dough.

There's not even anything one faction can do to thwart the other, directly or indirectly.

Why is it even called a Warfront?

Blizzard is finally at the point where they seem to believe their own reality distortion field.

I have a feeling the resources make it flip faster and if there is no real contribution it probably flips on Tuesdays hence why the Horde was running them on a Sunday
Quick question,
So next week when we start contributing resources does that come with rep reward for the 7th legion? R they repeatable during this phase?
I like running it, it's fun to me. I don't PvP and I know this isn't even close to PvP but I still have fun.

The only thing that bothers me are those who AFK, which someone always initiates a "Kick" after five minutes of just standing there which in my opinion is a decent amount of time to wait.

One other thing is that once the base is secured and the gates open, everyone runs off to do their own thing, there is no communication or strategy and at times it takes a while to complete the scenario.

Other than that, it's ok. I've only received a few pieces of gear I could use that were actual upgrades. I have terrible luck with RNG.
All I know is that if I wasn't raiding with a guild, I would probably just unsub at this point and wait until the KT race is out.

But since I do raid with a guild, one that I happen to like and also tolerates me, that gives me more reason to continue to pay and play than anything Blizz has done so far.

I have to wonder if by "morally grey" they meant that "you can either play the evil faction or the one that we have no inspiration to do anything fun with".
I was gonna give it a go...even tho it's group content, which I am not that big a fan of...but then I see it's 20 man? lol really? so...not just 5 bad attitudes...but...20?

maybe I saw it wrong, I hope so...but...mean while, we get to wait 3 weeks for the thing to roll around...lol...OK

maybe I didn't wanna give it a go after all
I think the gimmick is supposed to be that every 2 weeks, the area will change, the rares will change, but the scenario may play out differently.

Currently, its kind of a bore, even from the Horde side. I logged on a few days after reset, after a busy week, and already no one is talking about the scenario, its just random nonsense in /1.

Its not engaging in the least, except for the obscene amounts of gear you can get from doing the scenarios.
09/10/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Uthern
Quick question,
So next week when we start contributing resources does that come with rep reward for the 7th legion? R they repeatable during this phase?

They are not repeatable. There are probably 12 quests to turn in, all regarding different professions, gold, war resources, stuff like that. All give 600 azerite and 150 honorbound/7th legion.
Wait. Alliance haven't done the scenario yet? I thought Alliance got to do the scenario first while the horde was collecting resources?
09/10/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Illinorian
I waited a week for the Horde to collect resources.
I now wait another week for the Horde to do their scenario mission.
I then wait after that another week collecting resources.
I then finally get a week to do the scenario mission.

Is this suppose to be fun?

Fun isn't the metric that Blizzard uses to design content anymore. So, no, it's not supposed to be, It's supposed to drag out the mile wide, inch deep content and keep you paying.
09/10/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Rastlin
People will still do them once for the 370 quest.
Is 370 going to be worth anything in two weeks?