How long until void elves most pop ally race?

General Discussion
09/12/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Dliver
Your hair looks like it was drawn in by a frenetic 3 year old who's super-excited he found the purple crayon.

Void tentacle launches from one of these purple strands and drains the life out of Dliver.

So sad.
09/12/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Pryde
Never.

Can't be Paladins, Death Knights, Demon Hunters, Druids...
this
They won't ever be no.1 alliance played race for 3 reasons

No dk

No dh

No pally
09/12/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Irenícus
09/12/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Dliver
Your hair looks like it was drawn in by a frenetic 3 year old who's super-excited he found the purple crayon.

Void tentacle launches from one of these purple strands and drains the life out of Dliver.

So sad.

No fair hiding tentacles under your obvious toupee there!
09/12/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Achrai
We already are. You just can't see all of us.

Yet.

I think the void energies make us mate like rabbits.
09/12/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Snorn
09/12/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Kynaria

I'm somehow looking at this wrong I guess. I keep seeing they are only 2% total of alliance. What numbers are you getting?

120-120 puts them in 4th place.
Also extremely unlikely humans can be all of their classes while also having the option of popular classes like paladin and death knight.
NEs can’t be Warlocks but instead the more popular classes of Druid and DK along with Demon hunters.
They may pass Draenei though, I think anyone that wants to play Void elf probably already has. Or at least the majority so I wouldn’t expect it to continue the growth that it currently has.

When I load that site, I'm only getting Legion data. No new races, no level 111 - 120.
09/12/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Avaelica
09/12/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Snorn
Also extremely unlikely humans can be all of their classes while also having the option of popular classes like paladin and death knight.
NEs can’t be Warlocks but instead the more popular classes of Druid and DK along with Demon hunters.
They may pass Draenei though, I think anyone that wants to play Void elf probably already has. Or at least the majority so I wouldn’t expect it to continue the growth that it currently has.

When I load that site, I'm only getting Legion data. No new races, no level 111 - 120.
Maybe refresh? It's showing 120 for me (which is the first time I have seen the 120 data).
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think it was recently updated, so maybe some weird shenanigans with cookies/cache/browser could make it slow to update.

Also to the topic, You shouldn’t take the data at face value, the %s are so close that it’s just as likely that dwarfs outnumber void elves for example.
I want one so bad but I will never do the rep grind
09/12/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Crispercake
I want one so bad but I will never do the rep grind

I keep telling myself I will, but I know I'm lying.
09/12/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Fellína
I would be surprised if they overtook humans. For whatever reason people prefer to play the same race as them or go to fantasy... i do expect them to be second in a year though.
race checks out, carry on.
09/12/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Kynaria

I'm somehow looking at this wrong I guess. I keep seeing they are only 2% total of alliance. What numbers are you getting?

With the slider at 120, Void Elves are 3.1%, Night Elves at 12%, and humans at 15%. This is US realms.

The Draenei are at 3.9%, so Void Elves could pass that, especially now that some Draenei players will be playing a Lightforged, currently at slightly less than 1%.

Blood Elves are at an hilarious 21% of the total population.

The EU servers aren't too different. But Void Elves are a little lower, at 2.7%, according to that site. They are actually slightly behind Dwarves on EU servers, meaning that Void Elves would be the #5 alliance race over there at max level.
I don't think Void Elves will catch up to Humans until Blizzard eases the rep requirements for the Legion allied races. If/when that happens, I expect both Humans and Night elves to lose some of their population and Void elves to gain until all three are around the same percentage.

Kultirans, while technically humans too, will also cause some decline among the racial percentages as they nab a few people who want wicker druid forms or to have a beer gut for some reason.

I do expect that Void Elves will give Humans and Night elves a run for their money in population percentage eventually though. All it will take is the removal of the rep barrier of entry.
09/12/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Snorn

I think it was recently updated, so maybe some weird shenanigans with cookies/cache/browser could make it slow to update.

Also to the topic, You shouldn’t take the data at face value, the %s are so close that it’s just as likely that dwarfs outnumber void elves for example.

Also, limiting the data to current xpac levels does not reflect reality.
Every elf who uses the hairstyle that covers one eye is called Sophie and slices soap for satisfaction.