Bellular's Take on BfA So Far

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Lots of the WoW content creators have said BFA is pretty meh so far. Preach sounds like he would quit the game if it wasn't for his YouTube channel.

EDIT: OP must have deleted their post.
I dont even really mind the bugs, but all the classes feel dull with the prune and nothing new added plus azerite armor is boring and does not replace the fun from the artifact weps (extra abilities/passives).... i hate getting azerite armor drops because i cant wear it due to my low azerite level (cant unlock any traits)...

Here is hoping that 8.1 will bring in 120 talent tree and some much needed spec de-pruning.
I wish they would unprune a lot but then again they can't even balance these drastically simplified classes. Imagine if we had an ability line-up akin to MoP
Good thing their opinion doesn’t affect me because..... I’m having a blast in bfa!!!!
Got my 120 warrior then 7 lvl 115s and the rest of the classes 113 I even made a dirty horde to see their side of the story! Love the classes and story! FOR THE ALLIANCE!
09/13/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Aronn
Good thing their opinion doesn’t affect me because..... I’m having a blast in bfa!!!!
Got my 120 warrior then 7 lvl 115s and the rest of the classes 113 I even made a dirty horde to see their side of the story! Love the classes and story! FOR THE ALLIANCE!

I dont think their opinion affects most people.... but not even looking at the media or the forums... my group of friends and guildies generally do not like this xpac and some of the features.... Thinking about grinding azerite 7 months down the track makes me feel ill.

So i think generally people do not like BFA as much as legion... End of story, some xpacs are good ? like Mop and Legion i would say are okay and some are bad... like WOD and BFA. Both WOD and BFA seem like they got rushed Hence the bugs/unfinished content in bfa and the cut content from WOD like that raid and the ogre island.
If you treat this game like a job itll feel like one
09/13/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Teampupnsudz

You don’t have to treat it like a job to know this expansion was rushed and unpolished.
09/13/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Aronn

BfA isn't too bad leveling .. you'll see the issues people are complaining about when you start on the 'end game', which of course is 90% of the time this expansion will be 'current'.
I want azerite traits where you can just spin the dial almost at will to try new combinations. Current system is sooooooo trashy.
I'm enjoying the expansion a lot, but I understand that a lot of people consider it to be rushed and buggy. My response to that would be: "Remember this in 2 years when you're whining and complaining about not having anything to do after the final tier is released."

If you're not willing to sit patiently for 5-7 months until the next expansion is finished, don't be surprised if you get a buggy, unfinished product.
I'm at the point where the only reason I pay the sub fee anymore is for these forums and for the little bit of RP I do with my friends. Everything else about this game is the opposite of fun or interesting, for me.
I honestly like BFA so far.

The leveling was new so it was fun...it will be a chore on alt 19 but whatever there will be catch up mechanics in place by that point.

Azerite gear - really needs to make the spec specific stuff shine - more fun traits - the traits are meh...but I think they will improve on this soon!

I enjoy M+ and think its pretty fun. I like that they added new affixes that will be entertaining.

The raid so far - only doing normal - is cool - playing with friends is fun.

Islands - not fun, no reward - whatever its for casuals, sucks that we have to do them but whatever 5 per week won't kill me.

The worst thing I think about the xpac so far - The warfront - Blizzard completely dropped the ball on this - I was super underwhelmed - I only ran it two times and almost afked the second time. This really should have been a PVP encounter/BG/wintergrasp or AV style thing. I remember when ashara was supposed to be a bg. Never happened this should have been it. I had a really boring experience with this feature. 10/10 don't want to ever have to do it again. B O R I N G.

Professions - Why quests for professions...lame time gate. just let us level it up for goodness sake. who cares about these quests.

New arenas are cool and always welcome!

Overall, I'm honestly having quite a bit of fun playing bfa. Far more than legion honestly. I didn't like the AP weapons very much and im sure glad to not be killing demons anymore, that was so boring. We did that in BC...BFA is a breath of fresh air for me, but i don't agree with everything.

TLDR
Blizzard needs to tone down the time gating a little bit more.
They need to make the spec specific azerite gear the coolest and most meaningful and impactful traits and pieces.
They need to make PVP WARFRONTS.
They need to fix islands - add a vendor for dubloons or whatever make them more fun less aoe grind.
They need to fix class balance.
all that said, i'll still play because i am having fun more often than not.
I'm only still playing because of Mag'har orcs
09/13/2018 04:34 AMPosted by Nzhuv
I'm enjoying the expansion a lot, but I understand that a lot of people consider it to be rushed and buggy. My response to that would be: "Remember this in 2 years when you're whining and complaining about not having anything to do after the final tier is released."

If you're not willing to sit patiently for 5-7 months until the next expansion is finished, don't be surprised if you get a buggy, unfinished product.

Oh I don’t mind. I’m pretty casual so I don’t rush to do everything the first week or two it’s released lol. Still think it was rushed and buggy though. xD

I should also clarify that I can like the idea of the expansion but also realize it’s buggy lol. I’m really enjoying the storylines and questing has honestly been the most enjoyable part for me so far. Just because I think it’s rushed doesn’t mean I think it’s terrible.

It’s buggy and there are issues but I am actually enjoying the content more than I did in Legion’s launch. I’m talking just launch content btw.
I really don't find posting reviews from other people all that compelling. It's second hand information and if the streamer in question wants to come here and talk with us all, I'd probably find it more interesting.

What I do find compelling is what individuals here feel. As individuals. You don't need a streamer or some other poster to validate how you feel. You don't need to try and aggrandize that point of view by indicating it's held by a wide audience. It's never more powerful than when you speak for yourself in your own words.

It's always OK to not like stuff about the game. Even when you're the only voice not liking it. Or when there's a whole bunch of people not liking it--your voice is still your voice. Use it.

But tell us why you don't like it. And what you want instead. That's the message that gets you more of what you want and less of what you don't want.
09/13/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Shinzetsue
I dont even really mind the bugs, but all the classes feel dull with the prune and nothing new added plus azerite armor is boring and does not replace the fun from the artifact weps (extra abilities/passives).... i hate getting azerite armor drops because i cant wear it due to my low azerite level (cant unlock any traits)...

Here is hoping that 8.1 will bring in 120 talent tree and some much needed spec de-pruning.

Honestly if they would unprune some of the abilities back, and tier talents up to max level, I would be happy with that over gimmicky azerite stuff.
09/13/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Teampupnsudz

Sadly by the what most people do in game and say here, WoW is their job.
I'm writing a paper right now entitled "World of Warcraft Sucks and Here's why".

It's gonna lay out all my reasoning.

(no high elves)