Would you quit WoW for a Diablo MMORPG

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
depends it's good. A rated M mmo like a diablo mmo could be pretty fun.
Have none of these people heard of path of exile? If they were going to leave for a diablo MMORPG they would have left for PoE already.
09/13/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Eranos
I hope they don't have more than one active MMO. MMOs are big hungry babies who only eat time and I don't have enough to feed two.

It's almost as if game teams are not completely separate and have nothing to do with each other except maybe collaboration of expo at a gaming conference.
No, I'd play both.
Why not play both?
If it was made by blizzard north, sure
09/13/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Cashpocket
I'm not saying they are making a Diablo MMORPG or what is the likeliness they would.

I'm just asking if you'd quit wow to play a Diablo MMORPG.

I would.

Tbh the thing I like about diablo games is I can play them alone, or invite a few friends into my game without having to deal with the population in general...why mess that up?
I wouldn't quit WoW unless something happened to my guild. I play WoW to raid with them, so if that ever fell apart, I wouldn't really feel like playing anymore.

But I'd 100% fire up a Diablo MMO if one ever came out.
In my head, I imagine the Sanctuary MMO living side by side with WoW by being different enough to justify having both at the same time.

It would be a next-gen MMO while WoW continues to evolve on a decade-and-a-half old engine (not complaining, I think they've done well with it)

It would have a dark, gritty, more adult theme compared to WoWs cartoonish style.

It would only have one playable race: Nephalem, but with a much higher degree of character customization... Sliders for face/body size/shape/colour/etc. Transmog and dyes for gear. High def models, features, armor...

It would have no faction divide, being mostly co-op, but player customization would let you lean towards being more angelic or demonic

It would have some sort of PvP, but be primarily about PvE, taking down demons and as nessesary, angels

Anyways, yeah, I'd pay for and play the hell out of both
No but I might go for a World of Starcraft with the 3 factions
Yes. I'd stop playing WoW very fast for it
Probably play both.
Why would I trust Blizzard to run that MMO any better?

At least there's a possibility that a Diablo MMO won't have a second faction for them to ignore though.
yes
09/13/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Bettlegeuse
i would for a Warhammer MMO but of couse it will have to be better than warhammer online.

Warhammer online had some great ideas. It was just completely mismanaged.

If there was a quality warhammer mmo though, I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

To the topic at hand.

It depends. I'd certainly try it out, but it depends on the amount of content. With a lot of current design choices being influed by diablo, I don't know if they would be that different outside of setting (so land/areas, factions, etc).

It would probably mean necromancer class though...
09/13/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Nax
No but I might go for a World of Starcraft with the 3 factions

How would you have Zerg capable of using equipment?

Infested humans would just make them two human races, and honestly aside from Kerrigan none of the infested seem very appealing to play.

I mean this (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/d/dc/InfestedHanson_SC2_Head1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160105001156) is our non-kerrigan infested female.
i would play both
I would certainly give it a shot. I see no harm in trying out a new game. But I don’t think I’d play WoW any less. I like the Diablo universe. I have played 2 and 3. I have never played the first one and wish I could have played it.
we would still need tank and healers, if gw2 is anything to go by
Nope. Still made by the same people.