Should Blizzard salvage bfa or start fresh?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
What would you want blizzard to do

Use whatever resources blizzard has to try and salvage this mess of an expansion and try to make this expansion work in future patches

Or

Forget about this expansion and keep half arseing content and just focus their resources on the next expansion
Haven’t experienced it yet, I can’t afford the expansion so I’m still doing legion content
Start fresh it was a total dumpster fire from the start they just keep throwing gas on it at this point.
It’s far too early to pull a WoD and just phone it in for the next two years or so.
Better idea. Kill modern WoW. Make WoW 2 and stop making expansions. It's not fixable at this point. Ranged and melee don't even have kiting mechanics and or the game is so broken that FUNDAMENTAL game design from 2004 doesn't even work anymore. Too many classes, too many specs, a playerbase that is completely ruined and toxic and actually thinks a fantasy MMO without aiming on most classes = an esport. A playerbase so dumb they want everyone to do the same damage and then complain about homogenization.

None of that is going to happen though. They are going to make a FPS MMO (notice Quest design) and includes esports from the ground up and the game will also be on console.
https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-job-listings-hint-at-something-entirely-new/
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/30/blizzards-unannounced-first-person-game-seems-to-be-moving-ahead

This is where a lot of the "a team" people probably went to years ago on WoW. Classic will be the LAST traditional fantasy MMO you might ever see to launch. Better support it if you want to see more. Let the wannabe esport players play the FPS game that is esport driven (if they even can).
09/14/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Orkrush
Haven’t experienced it yet, I can’t afford the expansion so I’m still doing legion content

Then you've pretty much experienced it.
I'd rather they try salvage something in this expansion. It has gorgeous zones and dungeons that can't just be tossed to the side because of some bad developers.
09/14/2018 12:55 AMPosted by Orkrush

Thank your lucky stars. BFA has been an absolute disaster so far (aside from the leveling). In fact, BFA is so bad that it could very easily turn into the worst expansion Blizzard has ever released if things dont turn around and soon. If the devs abandon us like they did in WoD, well, i believe that would be game ending. I don't think very many people would be willing to give them a THIRD chance.
Keep going. The cut scenes, and story aspect of leveling and questing through the zones has been really enjoyable and I would like to see some resolution/pay off to what they have set up, not an abandonment like happened in WoD.
Way too early. There have been some problems, it feels like they rushed the release unnecessarily, but the zones, dungeons, the first raid, and the overall story seem promising.

Azshara, N'Zoth, Ny'alotha, that stuff alone is a pretty big deal. And then the tides of the faction war.
You can't just crap out an expansion pack, chum. These things take years to develop.

Certain things can be done pretty quickly, however:

1) Admit defeat and scrap the Azerite system. Turn the necklaces into artifact weapons 2.0.

2) Add loot to the island invasions. Give people a reason to queue.

3) Reorganize item level. Put the genie back in the bottle. Stop the catchup gear runaway cold by nerfing the garbage coming out of Warfronts. Will Horde cry? Yes. But in the interest of fairness, this would put everyone on an equal footing, while simultaneously salvaging heroics, mythics and LFR (which are all essentially worthless now).

4) Put future warfronts on hold until more dynamic (and consistent) content can be added. Allow players to kill bosses at least once a week (or daily, while nerfing their loot tables). Give people something to look forward to instead of one or two hours of gameplay for this feature per month.

5) In 8.1 or 8.2, add a virtual clone of Wintergrasp. To expedite the process, steal all the coding from Wintergrasp, and simply associate it with buildings that fit Arathi. Plop it down in some part of the zone (perhaps in the mountains).
09/14/2018 01:02 AMPosted by Blondemamba
Better idea. Kill modern WoW. Make WoW 2 and stop making expansions. It's not fixable at this point. Ranged and melee don't even have kiting mechanics and or the game is so broken that FUNDAMENTAL game design from 2004 doesn't even work anymore. Too many classes, too many specs, a playerbase that is completely ruined and toxic and actually thinks a fantasy MMO without aiming on most classes = an esport. A playerbase so dumb they want everyone to do the same damage and then complain about homogenization.

None of that is going to happen though. They are going to make a FPS MMO (notice Quest design) and includes esports from the ground up and the game will also be on console.
https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-job-listings-hint-at-something-entirely-new/
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/30/blizzards-unannounced-first-person-game-seems-to-be-moving-ahead

This is where a lot of the "a team" people probably went to years ago on WoW. Classic will be the LAST traditional fantasy MMO you might ever see to launch. Better support it if you want to see more. Let the wannabe esport players play the FPS game that is esport driven (if they even can).

Old content. Single realm. No LFD. No LFR. Extra $15/month subscription fee. $?? for the classic 'xpac' (guessing $20-$25 USD). No WoW tokens. Limited addons. Super grindy gameplay. Rep and attunement requirements up the wazoo.

If Classic is pure vanilla, hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions, of players will try it but the dropout rate is going to be huge. The Classic devs will be forced to make compromises if they want more than a small core group of players subbed for more than a few months.

Vanilla was great in its time. Things change, times change, people change.
09/14/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Thôr
Start fresh it was a total dumpster fire from the start they just keep throwing gas on it at this point.

I'd say this but I don't have much faith at all they could ever redo and make it better. I'm just here to watch the fires rise higher, got my marshmallows and weenies ready.
I feel bad for those who can’t enjoy the game. Seems like your disposition is what makes you think it’s so terrible.
Keep going. We haven't even gotten 8.1 yet. Who knows, maybe 8.1 will fix a lot of the current problems and blow all of our minds.

I doubt it, but crazier things have happened.
09/14/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Phumbles
I feel bad for those who can’t enjoy the game. Seems like your disposition is what makes you think it’s so terrible.

Lol no there is a laundry list of reasons.
Azerite gear no secondaries and 2 types with basic choices.
Warfront fiasco which caused pvp imbalance pve imbalance economy imbalance even knee capped alt gearing.
The over all story so far horde has a full blown story that actually builds up to a major game event and alliance gets 4/8 chapters that lead up to a dungeon and 4/8 filler quests chapters for 2 zones.
Which drust seems to be the only thing they spent real time on and sorta burns out mid way like they weren't sure what the dungeon was going to be or where.

Heres a minor over sight people ignored horde have access to essentially a tier 273 blues with set bonus off rares that alliance cant have access to til they start the warfront plots.

By time they have all 3 the gear is useless until WQ open up off chance might get 325 warforge item.
Rep venders horde get dinos and a updated version of winter spring tiger alliance gets horses or a dino if you want to spend 500k-5mil gold on it.
I could go on but yea dumpster fire they phoned in literally half the game.
If you're horde grats you rolled right.
09/14/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Phumbles

It sounds like your disposition is what makes you think it should be good enough for other people.

------------------------------------------------------------

Before they can do anything, the first step is admitting there are deep problems. I'm pretty sure they still are in denial and blaming customers.
Are people not a fan of this expansion? I've been really enjoying it.
09/14/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Inoro
09/14/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Thôr

I'd say this but I don't have much faith at all they could ever redo and make it better. I'm just here to watch the fires rise higher, got my marshmallows and weenies ready.

It’s entirely salvageable. There are complaints about excessive gating and faction favouritism. Both of these are easily fixed;

- Allow for rep for all factions to be grinded for. Kill mobs, get tiny bits of rep. As an added bonus if someone misses their world chores for the day, they can make up for it instead of being set back.
- Allow both factions to queue for warfronts. If there’s some issue with them both running at the same time just change it over daily. Knock out this dumb ilevel limit for like a week or two so everyone’s got time to gear alts up.
- Everything from artifacts (excluding Concordance) that wasn’t baked back into classes in the first place is made baseline and acquired from 100 to 120.

For good measure un-break WQGF. No one’s feeling “a sense of pride and accomplishment” for collecting twenty bear asses, Ion. And if people complain about being burnt out after killing a gorillion assless bears for rep, that’s their own fault.
Start everything back at Wrath of the Lich King but keep as many of the non-invasive extra features as possible like pet battles, transmogs, dungeon/raid finders, etc.

Cataclysm, MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA...

I feel like it would be worth trading all of those expansions for WotLK.

New storyline after Wrath.

Start over from there.