Game currently:

Arenas
Feels like legion 2.0 in terms of world questing and grinding an artifact.

pvp super unbalanced and extremely unfun, feel like against any feral teams or rsham with spirit link talent it's just an auto loss.

no new abilities so it literally feels like legion just went through a patch into bfa.

time for a break until this game POSSIBLY doesn't suck.

zzz
It’s really not that unbalanced...
Feral is OP. But for the first patch of an expac it’s pretty decent overall.
09/18/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Saradoim
It’s really not that unbalanced...
Feral is OP. But for the first patch of an expac it’s pretty decent overall.

I just hate how they're balancing around traits and not specs. Or, at least it feels that way. Makes it super unfun when 1 class trait is nerfed and the other classes still have busted traits.

Ie. raking ferocity, riptide trait..etc
delete ferals
nerf riptide to the ground
at least everyone is playing warrior/rogue/hunter instead of feral
Yeah I haven't been playing a ton lately, will be super casual until they fix MM. That might be enough to make me want to play more, however the new AP system really makes me hate playing.

I really hope next xpac they just go back to how things used to be with normal armor/weapons, adding new spells, etc.
This meta sucks so much. Theres so much to fix but people at 1600 cant deal with losing to hunters or warriors so they only nerf that. Or Mages and rogues. Yet half the gameplay is based on character and spell design and that !@#$ is so broken. FIX DEMON HUNTERS PLEASE ITS SO BROKEN
i played disc/mage/balance druid today. Holy crap that comp is broken
09/18/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Dizl
This meta sucks so much. Theres so much to fix but people at 1600 cant deal with losing to hunters or warriors so they only nerf that. Or Mages and rogues. Yet half the gameplay is based on character and spell design and that !@#$ is so broken. FIX DEMON HUNTERS PLEASE ITS SO BROKEN

yeh id honestly rather que into KFC again vs this rsham spirit link and dh god spec and ferals biting me for all my hp.
TBH it feels like all the classes took a few steps back, I mean we all lost a ton from our artifacts and got nothing really back.

Also hate this trend the last 2 expansions....'hey you know what would be fun!?!?! Grinding for the rest of your class!!!' Like no just plz stop with that bs already. Give ppl full access to their class at max lvl already.

Not fun being 'gimped' for the first 9 months of an xpack until the catch up mechanisms essentially just give you everything at that point.
After that public embarrassment of a tournament, I half expected a lot of hot-fixes this morning; wishful thinking is pointless ;/

Seems like everyone is general is now aware this is a half-effort filler expansion like WoD, re-skinned races and reputation grind is NOT content.
For the first season of an expansion it's not unbearabe, but nevertheless this is the 7th expansion for this company. By now they should've made it a point to hire an internal development team that exclusively looks at and routinely tunes classes in PvP. At the same time, a lot of my frustrations just boil down to a general lack of experience over the past few expansions. A lot of abilities where I'm not 100% sure what they do or how to counter their use, whereas in BC/WotLK I knew everything about everything (e.g. knowing the precise rage cost of spell reflect so I knew when I could burst or CC a Warrior without worrying about it).

Feel like the more I play and the more I learn, the more fun that I'll have. I just wish I had a standard 9-5 job right now so I could spam queue arena in the evenings before bed and invest more time into becoming good at the game again.
They arent balancing at all, that's the problem.

Only making changes in response to something super broken becoming public knowledge through twitch clip, youtube, reddit w/e.

A lot of things arent even pvp changes, they are pve changes from watching mythic raids...
09/18/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Ðeceptiøn

pvp super unbalanced and extremely unfun, feel like against any feral teams or rsham with spirit link talent it's just an auto loss.

no new abilities so it literally feels like legion just went through a patch into bfa.

zzz

you just gotta cc more as mage now you can't just expect damage to do everything for you.
Remember getting all your gear and not having to worry about griding or titanforging? Those were good times.
09/18/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Winimu
Remember getting all your gear and not having to worry about griding or titanforging? Those were good times.

Preach, man. This RNG never ending grind is abysmal design that makes sense in dungeon crawlers like Diablo, but should've never been implemented in WoW. What kept people invested back when subscription numbers were higher was variability and depth in class design, a clear progression path for your character with a logical endpoint, and more alt friendliness. Current WoW has none of that, but 8.1 seems like an early step in the right direction for alts at least.
this is worse than legion

things are blatantly unfinished, unbalanced, and unfun

i literally just got a 375 wand w/ a socket but i cant even use it because apparently smite gets bugged out if you use a wand

unreal
ya that riptide trait is like stupid OP
09/18/2018 07:22 PMPosted by Amplify
09/18/2018 05:16 PMPosted by Ðeceptiøn

zzz

you just gotta cc more as mage now you can't just expect damage to do everything for you.

thanks for the tip mr. triple riptide trait shaman #18327. I'll keep that in mind next time!
When I read forums like this - I tend to go back to watch pvp videos and then I get sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf39M7NGFmU