Guess WoW Sub Numbers

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 17 Next
09/19/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Tékota
And then people wonder why we say blizzard doesn't communicate. Their CM's just reply either to jokey nonsense posts or reply with superfluous answers.

I certainly don't wonder. I don't wonder why they respond with a joke to a thread that is clearly not based on any sort of measurable fact and is chock full of conjecture. There's enough conjecture here about the numbers to wrap around the planet three times and still leave room for a lovely bow the size of a modest continent.

I don't wonder why they don't respond to every single thread; there's not enough people out there who could ever do this in a meaningful fashion. I don't wonder why they don't respond to threads that are just angry venting with little substance; I doubt they could do much more than offer a well intended platitude or head pat.

No matter what they say or do, it will never be enough. So perhaps they have to pick their battles and cheeky comments. Could they talk more? Yes. I'd argue it would be substantially easier if the forums didn't read as if the cast of Mean Girls was writing forum posts constantly.
Some of you are bad at logic.

The less money going to Blizzard, the less content we receive, i.e. every expansion since Cata.

Do the math. Subs have never recovered since Wotlk, and that's why each expansion keeps getting worse with less content.

Blizzard has been downsizing and preparing for WoW's demise and maintenance mode.
09/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Morgak
My guess is around 4 - 5 mil...and dropping fast...maybe about 2.5mil in 6 months.

Can’t really see it any higher with the state of bfa.

Love how you kids talk like your opinion is a fact.
09/18/2018 05:46 PMPosted by Carceri
Too many, IMO. Still lots of whiners that need to find the door.
Lol hypocricy at it’s finest.
69 dudes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsC8zEgZEfo
09/19/2018 12:39 PMPosted by Tékota
09/19/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Ythisens
Somewhere between 1 and 7.4 Billion. :thinking:

And then people wonder why we say blizzard doesn't communicate. Their CM's just reply either to jokey nonsense posts or reply with superfluous answers.

They don't communicate cause with people like you it's complain>get response>complain again.
Would you like talking to a spoiled brat that never keeps their mouth shut?
Low enough that they want to stop it from going any lower for 6 months
09/19/2018 10:59 AMPosted by Ythisens
Somewhere between 1 and 7.4 Billion. :thinking:

He's counting in Yen to be fair
09/19/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Echõ

The less money going to Blizzard, the less content we receive, i.e. every expansion since Cata.

Do the math. Subs have never recovered since Wotlk, and that's why each expansion keeps getting worse with less content.

Blizzard has been downsizing and preparing for WoW's demise and maintenance mode.

Some here may be bad at logic, but you are bad at math if you think Blizzard is preparing for WoW's demise. Let's say they are doing a lot worse than normal, and have 4 million subs right now.. Which would definitely be low for the start of an expo..

Now let's say each sub is only worth $12, that's still 48 Million dollars a MONTH.

If you think they are preparing for maintenance mode, you apparently fit right in with those that you are calling out.
09/18/2018 05:44 PMPosted by Woodspath
Significantly more than the tiny, minuscule sampling of the player base who is represented in GD...

*sets out a tray of reality for all to enjoy...
Do you see blizzard as a superior being?
Way higher now ;)

Purchased: 180 Days and Dreadwake Mount
09/19/2018 01:33 PMPosted by Sliv
09/19/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Echõ

Some here may be bad at logic, but you are bad at math if you think Blizzard is preparing for WoW's demise. Let's say they are doing a lot worse than normal, and have 4 million subs right now.. Which would definitely be low for the start of an expo..

Now let's say each sub is only worth $12, that's still 48 Million dollars a MONTH.

If you think they are preparing for maintenance mode, you apparently fit right in with those that you are calling out.

Now take that 48 million and divide it up to pay for their taxes, servers, database, cloud costs, employees, promotion, and other expenses. Not only that, but all that money doesn't go exclusively towards WoW. They have multiple other games and projects.
09/19/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Cytriss
09/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Greatbobbo
Math checks out.
That's assuming everyone is limited to one subscription each.

So you believe it is MORE than 7.4 billion?
I would say like a rock from a cliff, but more like a 3 story building as this point. This game is old, not many of us around to begin with.
My guess is unchanged

Because all the people who quit are usually back the next week
Ask a gnome!
09/19/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Raiyyn
If one buy a token with in game gold, or play to level twenty for free, they don't have a subscription.

A subscription is a subscription regardless of whether it's paid with cash, game time card, or token.

You're right about the "trial accounts" though.

Why should trial accounts count anyway? Until they buy the game and/or pay for sub time, they aren't making Blizzard any money.
09/19/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Lockedheart
question:
will our tea lover still play the game or no?

He still plans to raid with the group we have here. I still need to finish leveling my Alliance character so I can play with them!
I’d guess a pretty decent amount still more than any other MMO. GD is just a terrible place. These people spend more time crying and making up stuff than playing the game. I’m still seeing a lot of players playing and having fun more than in WoD and Legion at this point. That’s just me though.

As calculated by Deep Thought over 7.5 Million year