Does anyone find this warfront "fun"?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
09/21/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Crepe
I'm enjoying it. It's got a flavor of the old RTS game in it that's a nice throwback for me.

Actually feels more like they're trying to cash in on Fortnite feels, but you know, without the PvP, I guess?
I did one warfront and I was bored to tears. I still think arathi should have been a wintergrasp type quable BG zone. It's supposed to be a faction war after all.
The sad part is, very soon they will be deserted or close to it. Other than being used to completely skip Heroic dungeons, why would anyone do them? Same is going to be true for the turn in phase the week prior. Other than to get a chunk of faction rep points why would anyone do them? Once people no longer *need* the rep they are going to be ignored as well.
they got boring real fast. that being said, its so hard to lose that I can stick my 8 year old on the keyboard and tell him to have at it.
gear up while doing the laundry. win win!
i go in there and just do the achievements like kill the rares and get the flags and hope i get a new random rare spawn so i can tick it off my list....also for the weekly 370.
If I'm having fun in them: not really. I do those on my fresh 120 DK to get the free 340 loot and that 370 too of course. Once the rewards are obsolete, I won't participate anymore. Evrything feels so automated... I mean yeah they are scripted events just like dungeons are scripted too but somehow, dungeons don't feel so boring to redo, especially when pushing keys. The affixs make them kinda unique each week.

09/21/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Crepe
what tweaks do you think could be made to make it more interesting to you?

- Give us the ability to control our siege engines.
- There should be some kind of RNG put into Warfronts. Could be different final boss with different abilities to give a bit of flavor.
- Introduce sabotage/infiltration missions
- Most of the upgrades feels useless so I don't even bother. They are mandatory to unlock stages that's it. Make them matter more maybe
My thought is it's not fun, because there's no real strategy involved.

It's basically just "react to what happens, and max everything"

There's no threat of losing, the optimal path just seems to be "do everything", and even once you've done everything it's just a zerg fest.

It seems completely mindless.
yep its utter crap and super boring. I am sooooooooooo bored.
09/21/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Chisle
I dunno I spent less than 10 mins in it and I found it to be the most boring thing ever and I left.

All this "Warcraft 3" nonsense had me thinking maybe there was something to it. Hello Devs, this is NOTHING like WC3.

it seems like it would be alot of fun.

As a PVP map.

But casuals hate pvp maps, so they have to simulate pvp on a warfront map.
Utterly boring as a PvE map. Warfronts need to be Wintergrasp-esque PvP to at least add the potential for risk and some degree of excitement.
09/21/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Chisle
I dunno I spent less than 10 mins in it and I found it to be the most boring thing ever and I left.

All this "Warcraft 3" nonsense had me thinking maybe there was something to it. Hello Devs, this is NOTHING like WC3.

War Fronts sux.
I did it again for the weekly quest to get the same 370 gear i got last warfront. So I am officially done wasting any time on them if I'm going to just get the typical loot rng fail that's so prominent this expansion.
Utterly boring as a PvE map. Warfronts need to be Wintergrasp-esque PvP to at least add the potential for risk and some degree of excitement.

It needs this. A lot.

The thing about Warfronts is that you can clearly see a lot of passion and development went into creating these epic, massively scaled scenarios with voiceovers and yet doing them feels so boring. How did they mess that up?
War Fronts are capture the flag scenarios concluded with a Battle for Mount Hyjal boss.
Would be way more fun if there was some actual challenge or pvp..

Like alot of things in this xpac warfronts are mediocre but have/had immense opportunity to be something awesome.

So much wasted potential in this xpac, its really maddening to watch as they have these neat ideas then just execute them TERRIBLY.
09/21/2018 06:30 AMPosted by Crepe
09/21/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Krypollo
Of course you're enjoying it. Which do you enjoy more. the white knighting MVP status or this crappy content?

You know? Usually posts like this really aren't worth responding to. But I took a look at your post history and you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time around here insulting people or hating on the game.

Which begs the question of "what exactly are you getting out of this?"

If you don't like the game, move on. If you're so insecure you have to hate on people on a video game forum? Get some professional help. Hate doesn't make you cool. It makes you worthy of pity at most.
I insult people because I hate people get over it you midget. GO white knight some more
My favorite was when someone started shouting directions as if the warfront itself didn't guide you, this is the most AFKing content ever.
In limited doses they're OK. I just do the one on each toon for the 370. No way I'd want to spam them over and over.
When I was leveling one of my toons I spammed warfronts to gear him to 340. It's not my favorite piece of wow content but it has its charms for me... building bases, getting the random blessings to do the random missions that pop up can be fun.
It should be PvPvE... I honestly can't believe their is no PvP mode for Warfronts...they had to be built for it.