Does anyone find this warfront "fun"?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 12 Next
It is a fun as you want to make it. If you are the rushing type of player than its probably not for you. I find the whole think very relaxing. After the first initial battle i go to lumber side to gather wood then go to mines to get 200 iron. If there is too many people in our mines i go to the Horde side mines. They have lots of iron carts. I do the resource turn in and grab two npc as body guards.

For a change of pace i would travel with our npc army and help them push. I dont go out if their weapon is at level one cause they melt. At level three they solo the boss with no help at elements of circle.
Yes. Best when done with your guild and friends.
09/21/2018 04:31 AMPosted by Chisle
09/21/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Sybianjoy
I hope they didn't spend too much time making that content, if it weren't for the 370 gear, I would've chucked it in the poop pile along with pet battling.

Obviously by my profile you can see I need 370 gear as I just don't do content I don't find any fun in. Sadly that now includes Warfronts, weeks of expectations squandered.

And to the person that said I get out what I put in...nice phrase, it doesn't even remotely fit the context. What do I put in? Time? What do I get for wasting my time being bored? A piece of 370 gear? I would rather browse the internet or play another game, time better spent.

I still don't see an answer to my question about what you did in there. I asked for a reason because almost every person I have seen say they like these are doing something the people who say they are boring aren't.
09/21/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Krypollo
Of course you're enjoying it. Which do you enjoy more. the white knighting MVP status or this crappy content?

You know? Usually posts like this really aren't worth responding to. But I took a look at your post history and you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time around here insulting people or hating on the game.

Which begs the question of "what exactly are you getting out of this?"

If you don't like the game, move on. If you're so insecure you have to hate on people on a video game forum? Get some professional help. Hate doesn't make you cool. It makes you worthy of pity at most.
It was more “fun” than island expeditions but that doesn’t say much. Almost fell asleep. Did a little of everything. Have no intention to do another one. If I get that bored and all I have left to do is island expedition or Borefronts, I just log off the game. Sub ends in 9 days.
I enjoy the warfront a lot. I played it dozens of times across both Horde and Alliance. It's a really nice change of pace from usual WoW fare.

I wish there were mounts or pets or something to try to farm from it though. Even though I enjoy it immensely, there is little incentive to do it once you get your gear set.
Apparently only green posters enjoy it. I wonder why that is.
09/21/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Macbeef
Apparently only green posters enjoy it. I wonder why that is.

Not true, I enjoy them immensely. Then again that wouldn't really fit your narrative.

One complaint: I wish we could lose. Makes winning more meaningful.
no one enjoys it

and when the 370 reward doesn't upgrade anything you enjoy it even less

they are very stupid, people only troll chat and kill red spots

if you think it's good design and fun you probably like fortnite
No it is absolutely terrible. Just did it for the 370.
I feel similarly to them as I do expeditions. They're both kind of fun when I'm doing them with some friends, but really not fun to do alone. I did about 10 warfronts on an alt to get some gear and didn't enjoy 9 of them. I went in with my tank, a healer friend, and a DPS and we had fun just rushing objectives, pulling everything, and speed capping points. I don't like gathering though. I hate that there's no way to finish other than spending time cutting down trees and gathering ore....but that's part of the appeal for other people I guess, and more power to them.
I still have sub 340 gear so I'm doing it a few times a day. I'm not afking but I'm not giving 100% effort either. very boring after the first time.
It's an insult to WC3, in WC3 i spent resource, build & train unit based on the situation, in Warfront there's like 0 strategy involved, i build Footman because i like it? i pretend to farm wood so i dont get kicked, everything i do in Warfront is always right, even AFKing isn't really wrong move since you technically let people that enjoy Warfront able to play it abit longer.

The way to improve Warfront is to allow fishing in the pond near Stromgarde or just add "I've done this just give me 340" option in the Warfront NPC.
Love them --run two to three each day . Sometimes i concentrate on resource gathering , sometime i defend against the horde attack forces sometimes i attack and help capture the sites we need . All 3 modes are fun for me
09/21/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Natsuchi
I enjoy the warfront a lot. I played it dozens of times across both Horde and Alliance. It's a really nice change of pace from usual WoW fare.

I wish there were mounts or pets or something to try to farm from it though. Even though I enjoy it immensely, there is little incentive to do it once you get your gear set.

I think they are great! I am pretty much doing them exclusively except for my daily dungeon, the LFR, and the WQ for faction.

I'm retired so I have a lot of time and this has been a very nice addition to my day.

Once I get my rogue finished with all the 7th Legionnaire gear I am going to take my SPriest and make them a Holy Priest and then go into the Warfront and help with the heals. Then I will take this Warrior and try Prot and tank some of these Warfronts.

I am actually going to build a Paladin as well and see if I can get the Tank/Healer combo working.

I will then build a Druid, something I have never done, and try to get the Tank/Healer/Melee/Caster all geared and working.

Then once that is all done, I will build all of the same type of characters on the Horde side.

I'm 66 and this entire Warfront addition to the game play is extremely exciting. Thanks Blizzard!!!
Fun? No. Fun left the WoW train station years ago. Its now a grindfest to increase playtime of their players. Activision put the FU in fun.
My group and I were very disappointed with the war fronts especially since we were really excited about them for over a month and waited eagerly. We thought it would be an open world pvp type of thing. Instead is a scenario.... On top of that its just a bunch of killing trash and slaving away for 20minute-30 minutes ? Even almost lost one because of afkers. I could only do 3 before and thats because i had to repeat it once, because i forgot to get the quest and I did it once on my toon. Really blizz???? You made us wait so long and have to burn threw a lot of gold ( contributions) (Really just another way blizz can get people burning threw their gold stacks) All for these war front that legit you couldn't pay me to do them. Oh and you only get 340 gear??!?!?!?!? I was 362 item lvl before this even came out. Oh and the brewmaster event drops 289 item lvl?!?!? WTH??? We have better item lvl than that by time we finish questing to 120. You get 325-330 trinks from world quests even. I know it was hot fixed to 335 but even at 335 its trash. It should of been a 355+ item lvl conistering its a ( 1 time a year event) and you dont have a 100% chance rate to even get a drop.why does it seem like blizz is just trying to make it take as long as possible to gear so that they arnt exspected to bring out new (enough) content and can maximize subscriptions. I mean seriously blizz has always done with with wow, trying to milk as much subs they can by making daily caps and taking forever to release new content. But this expansion takes it to a whole new lvl. My group and I are considering finding a new game all together instead of keep getting milked by blizz and only being able to play like once a week because theres no new content. It would be really cool if blizz scaled up the old raids so we can do them at 120. It would release so much new content because not everyone who plays wow has been able to experience all of these old raids.
09/21/2018 05:48 AMPosted by Krypollo
09/21/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Crepe
I'm enjoying it. It's got a flavor of the old RTS game in it that's a nice throwback for me.

It's pretty low-key. And I'm a bit tired from work these days to focus intently on a raid or something of that nature. So it's the type of content I can just go and whack at things for a bit.

It's OK to say you're not having fun with it, but what tweaks do you think could be made to make it more interesting to you? One of the things I've mentioned recently is that I hope the difficulty ramps up on the ones in the pipeline.
Of course you're enjoying it. Which do you enjoy more. the white knighting MVP status or this crappy content?

People like this are insufferable. He'd be the one passenger on the Titanic marveling at the pretty water and moonlight as the ship sunk, swearing to everyone that the water isn't that cold. I see right through it for what it is. They're just hoping for future employment with Blizzard, or an "atta-boy" from the customer support team. They do more to fan the flames then simply allowing people to gripe.
Was cool to do the first time but doubt I’ll do more unless I’m gearing alts.