Does anyone find this warfront "fun"?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 12 Next
I'd rather sit in a 36 hour solo queue for AV to pop at one of the warmasters than do this horrific warfront ever again.

I joined this warfront on my Alliance main thinking there was going to be horde players opposing but all I got was a tshirt and a scripted scenario. Waste of time.

AV popped in 7 hours and it was totally worth waiting for that.
09/21/2018 03:23 AMPosted by Chisle
I dunno I spent less than 10 mins in it and I found it to be the most boring thing ever and I left.

All this "Warcraft 3" nonsense had me thinking maybe there was something to it. Hello Devs, this is NOTHING like WC3.

They managed to make the most grindy, unsatisfying piece of content with what is essentially a monthly lockout.

It's quite funny how Blizzard is constantly trying to bring a "Warcraft 3" feeling back to the game (just look at BfA login screen) but all they do is ruin everything because of their corporate crap, greed and their "this game is about human vs orcs at its core dur dur". And the bias, of course.

There's really no redeeming this team. I suspect this game only has hope if they all get fired and a completely new team comes in.
I dunno I spent less than 10 mins in it and I found it to be the most boring thing ever and I left.

All this "Warcraft 3" nonsense had me thinking maybe there was something to it. Hello Devs, this is NOTHING like WC3.

When I was logging in, I watched several episodes of Disenchanted on Netflix while in Warfronts. Good show, I recommend it.
I found it fun.

It's kinda like a mini AV only without the PvP nonsense. Kinda like a dungeon, or raid, but yet it's something different than the "pull trash groups, kill boss, done".
I now understand why people would AFK through it.

OK, so collecting resources in the zone... why is THIS not the pre-attack stuff? We should be doing these resource turn ins/building construction IN THE ZONE(!!) in the week leading up to the attack while going around killing the rares and stuff.

As it is it, those parts feel rushed and half-baked. The scenario itself should just be defend critical points against some waves, push the attack, kill the leader and leave. No need for the resource gathering stuff.
I found them fun the first couple of times. Now they're pretty boring so I'll stop doing them after I get my last piece since they don't award rep.
10/02/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Hirai
but yet it's something different than the "pull trash groups, kill boss, done".

It is literally kill trash, kill boss, done.
10/02/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Krommosh
I now understand why people would AFK through it.

OK, so collecting resources in the zone... why is THIS not the pre-attack stuff? We should be doing these resource turn ins/building construction IN THE ZONE(!!) in the week leading up to the attack while going around killing the rares and stuff.

I will admit it does seem kinda weird to donate ridiculous amounts of resources, only to fly an airship there, land, and..... collect more resources. What happened to the ones we donated all week?

I can understand a bit of frustration at the early tedious phase, but once you get past that, it's not too bad.
Did it for the first time last night.

It's okay - not great, but not awful.

At first, I had no idea what the hell was going on, so it's confusing at first but I caught on.

Game one was me collecting resources, it was okay
    Game two was me assaulting, I became the chosen one at the end so that was pretty epic
    Game three was roaming around, found some rares, not bad.

I guess my meh feeling towards it, is that the only requirement is to not afk to win. There's no difference between putting in 100% effort to 1% effort, it's all the same, that kind of sucks.

For me, that alone ruins the fun for me in some way. If I went 100% and it increased my chances to getting some random prizes like pets/mogs/mounts/etc then it would be way more engaging. But as it stands, it's entirely passive and not much going on.

But you get 340's and it's a nice break from bashing my head into WQ's so it's meh.
Warfronts feel like LFR - there's no challenge and feels more like just rolling my face over the keyboard as I wait out the clock to my 340 loot and 370 quest loot.

I do admit that PvP BG's feel better as you know you're playing against other people, you can lose the match, and dynamics change over time as each side develops different strategies and then compensates for the other sides changes.

What's going to be different about the Arathi WF 10 months from now? Nothing.
Nope, I just do it for the 370 piece of gear, once I level past that I won't bother.
10/02/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Áysha
Nope, I just do it for the 370 piece of gear, once I level past that I won't bother.
If they made it way more objective based and really had a chance to lose it would be way more fun.

I think it would have been more fun maybe if we could have queued with our guilds or our friends ,"more than 5 people." I don't understand what the big deal would be I mean it's all pve and even if it was both I happen to know you can do pvp raid groups ;).
10/02/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Släshcry
10/02/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Áysha
If they made it way more objective based and really had a chance to lose it would be way more fun.

I think if they combined our ideas it could potentially be a bunch of fun!
I have two alts at around 325 so the 340 gear will be a definite upgrade. They're my alchemist and enchanter - I don't really plan on running raids or even dungeons with them. The just need to survive WQ and farming herbs.

Bottom line: the thought of farming gear in bore fronts for them makes me want to vomit. It's like ground hog day - the same thing over and over and over...
I hate to be negative and my post lacks any constructive value, but to answer the OP's initial question, no the warfront was not fun. I thus far consider it to be the most boring content I've experienced in WoW.
I enjoy it. Easy crafting mats with the guaranteed epic.
Did it on my main. Even thinking about doing it again on an alt makes you depressed Lol.
No. Imagine a chef in a restaurant. He decides to make an entirely new dish using random ingredients he finds in the kitchen. He makes the dish, and it's visual appeal is not great, but it's not horrible. He then serves it to his customers.

The only problem is that he forgot to taste it. That's what I see with this Warfront. I imagine that IF Blizzard played it, they either didn't finish it or realized it was bad, but thought "f it, it's content", and pushed it live. It just makes no sense..sort of like this expansion. I remember when I played the Warfront for the first time and said "that's it?" when we won.

This game has been out for coming upon 14 years..and look at the state of it. They are running out of ideas.
No. They're predictable and dull. I didn't even bother to do it more than one time when the Ally turn came. Could have used a few better pieces of gear on my Ally main but I could not bring myself to slog through one of those snoozefests again.