PvP tuning Monday

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
09/21/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Miasen
Well it looks like I'm done with the game for a bit if they don't mention MM at least in the next "round" of balancing. BM will be completely f'd after this, it's damage isn't even that high anymore as it is. They're just nerfing damage and giving nothing else to compensate.

While MM does need help, at least as a hunter you have 2 good PvP specs to choose from. DK and Warlock both have 0 vialbe specs currently
Welp, they absolutely gutted resto shaman.
09/21/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Saydar
Blizz still really struggles buffing underperformers and only nerfs top specs. Not sure if it's really a good trend.

Also the rdruid nerfs, while certainly needed on some level, seem pretty heavy. Could be wrong but they feel pretty intense imo.

It's not a trend at this point it's been a thing blizzard has done for well over 15 years. They are known for gutting things but never buffing things in all of their games. Look at overwatch nothing ever gets buffed things only get nerfed until big content releases where something randomly becomes broken as !@#$ and then they gut it into the ground. The only company I can think of that has balancing as bad as blizzard is Riot games.
09/21/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Morthra
Feral is 100% dead now. The offhealing was the only thing that Feral brought to the table that was its niche, now there's no reason to play one over an assassination rogue.

Ferals still have great healing it just is in line with being a hybrid instead of a healer.

Waiting for Ret nerfs next.
09/22/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Abombanation
09/21/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Morthra
Feral is 100% dead now. The offhealing was the only thing that Feral brought to the table that was its niche, now there's no reason to play one over an assassination rogue.

Ferals still have great healing it just is in line with being a hybrid instead of a healer.

Please get out of my thread. Thanks.
09/21/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Mùgen

If by gutted you mean they can’t spam instants only, have endless mana, poor positioning because of link then yeah maybe so.

They have to cast now, drink in games that have more then 50% dampening and use line of site just like other healers. The world is ending.
-Death Knight
Unholy
Last Surprise (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 35% when engaged in combat
with enemy players.

- Note that we’re planning another round of balance updates for the near future
after this round, which will include changes for other specs (including Warlock and
Death Knight).

Blizzard doesn't know what to do with its own game.
09/22/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Taurenpriest
09/21/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Mùgen

If by gutted you mean they can’t spam instants only, have endless mana, poor positioning because of link then yeah maybe so.

They have to cast now, drink in games that have more then 50% dampening and use line of site just like other healers. The world is ending.

Riptide was our largest source of healing. Nearly every Shaman I know wanted Riptide and SLink to be nerfed. But they nerfed riptide 4 separate times. It’s going to be terrible.

And asking us to cast more is fine, we should be casting more but healing wave/surge is utter trash atm. It takes like 10 healing waves to move someone’s hp from 50% to 100% and that’s assuming they’re not being bursted into. Need a casted heal buff.
09/22/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Taurenpriest
Problem is their casts actually do nothing. I am 100% for riptide nerfs but their casted heals need to do more healing.
Is there any point in using focused growth after the 3rd nerf to it? And a big fat flat 10% healing nerf across the board...
09/22/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Wolloolloo
Is there any point in using focused growth after the 3rd nerf to it? And a big fat flat 10% healing nerf across the board...
I think the 10% healing nerf is way overboard. All the other nerfs are totally warranted but then slapping 10% on top of it is actually going to kill them.

They could at least get some tankiness in compensation but rdruids are going to be the new "train the blue." And in the odd event that they don't train rdruid they most likely won't have the healing necessary to keep their teammates alive.

I guess they might be able to play rmd? That comp will probably prefer a disc instead though.
Are people really still calling for more sin nerfs? Trolling?
09/22/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Orphanchild
09/22/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Abombanation

Please get out of my thread. Thanks.
09/21/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Orphanchild
I also don't want the game to be slow though. Would have accepted an overall dps bump /shrug

Healers got heavy nerfs so i actually think the pacing isnt going to change thatttt much. Your just going to have less omg what hit me 1 shots. Dmg will be high still imo but allow for time to react to dmg. Healing being nerfed that much should keep that pacing decent imo.

Lava shock traits will still hit really hard.

Other traits will feel better like igneous and other sustained options now that healers are being brought more into line.

Comps like Demo L$D should be better after changes.

Personally think eles going to be one the best casters simply due to toolkit.
09/21/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Vaurok
09/21/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Shiyoakemi
BM damage is still too high. a 90% ai spec should be bad in pvp. The nerf was needed.

It’s not 90% ai.... the pet is equivalent to melee white damage and passive. The spec got fixed. There is nothing wrong with BM but people demand nerfs because they don’t wanna learn how to play against it.

There is not a difficult dps spec in this game. None of them shouldn’t be viable. There is no reason that Hunters shouldn’t have a viable ranged spec.

Rofl!!!

Excuse me? You realize BM hunters shoot for white dmg too yeh? And their pet does normal attacks AND special attacks. Adds up to a hell of s lot more thsn my white dmg. I hit for 2 to 3k whote dmg hits. Hunters pets with cd's and pots can crit for 25-30k...
BM damage isn't even that high anymore as it is.

Rofl.
09/21/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Razaell
Oh no, your pet can't solo me anymore. Give be a break, bm is a joke spec.
if your getting soloed by a pet sounds like a l2p problem.wont kill you by itself
09/22/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Maztao
Are people really still calling for more sin nerfs? Trolling?

yes. They are pretty OP. I think rogue survivability across the board needs to get buffed but the damage done by assassination is too much
09/22/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Mercader
09/21/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Vaurok

It’s not 90% ai.... the pet is equivalent to melee white damage and passive. The spec got fixed. There is nothing wrong with BM but people demand nerfs because they don’t wanna learn how to play against it.

There is not a difficult dps spec in this game. None of them shouldn’t be viable. There is no reason that Hunters shouldn’t have a viable ranged spec.

Rofl!!!

Excuse me? You realize BM hunters shoot for white dmg too yeh? And their pet does normal attacks AND special attacks. Adds up to a hell of s lot more thsn my white dmg. I hit for 2 to 3k whote dmg hits. Hunters pets with cd's and pots can crit for 25-30k...
you realize the white damage from pets is low without frenzy? With you can los? You realize the pet can be ccd to right? But oh no its so difficult to do right? And no way the pet attacks can crit for 30k with cds? Crazy its almost lile thats the point of cooldowns