Stigma of Alliance PVP

General Discussion
Literally just read the front page of GD and see all of the threads complaining about Alliance PvP from Alliance players.

That's where the stigma comes from.
I remember an expansion or two ago when Alliance dominated PvP due to getting a free trinket on humans. Now its been reversed for a little over an expansion and Allies are retelling history as if they've always been the underdogs when it comes to PvP.

Hillarious and childish.
09/24/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Ryzos
09/24/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Mcbeardy

you must know alot about pvp, defensive buttons that help you run away must be really bad thats why in the last arena world championship cup every single player was wearing a tanking trinket oh wait nvr mind you literally have no idea what your talking about.

Humans get a single stun break, where as orcs get an extra relentless that stacks on top of relentless.

Trolls get a mini lust.

Literally every guide, all pro raid teams, and pro PvP teams say horde racials are better why would a single person on the forums saying their not make me think otherwise?

The stun reduction won't stack anymore, or at least that's what I was told.
09/24/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Shredow
I remember an expansion or two ago when Alliance dominated PvP due to getting a free trinket on humans. Now its been reversed for a little over an expansion and Allies are retelling history as if they've always been the underdogs when it comes to PvP.

It's a pendulum effect. Every good PvPer was human for EMFH (this is when Merc mode was initiated to alleviate how long Alliance queue times for BGs were becayse Horde just stopped PvPing).

Then Horde racials were buffed and Bliz offered transfer deals, this swung the PvP pendulum in the Horde's favor. Now we are seeing the opposite happen (Alliance has given up in PvP, making Horde queue times long).

Bliz is trying to swing the pendulum back with how good Velf and especially DiD racials are in comparison to Mag'har and Nightborne. We'll see if their efforts come to fruition.

Imo? Play the faction you like, because the "favored faction" in PvP will always change.

Hillarious and childish.

The population of Alliance vs Horde in PVP was 96 to 4 collectively on both EU and NA during WoD. This was because during the start of WoD, they nerfed WotF to 3min (while also nerfing fears) and they nerfed Hardiness to only 10% (from 15%).

Middle of WoD, they undid the nerfs to Orcs/Undead (they made Hardiness 20%) and then they reduced the CD on Arcane Torrent/War Stomp and removed the damage push back from War Stomp too. Despite that, Horde didn't recover until the next expansion where it started 70 Horde 30 Alliance, but balanced out to more 60 Horde 70 Alliance due to faction based titles.
09/24/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Glumrot
Ya and for most of the wows history the human racial was the best in the game for pvp. It was a third trinket..

We didn’t cry, we didn’t whine, we just fought you and won most of the time

EMFH was only strong when the trinkets available were strong as well. "You didn't whine"? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sure.

09/24/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Felryn
you implying Panda racial is bad? Ha. It's been sleeper good for 3 expansions and the rank 1s are finally catching on. The top comp is all Pandaren and it's because Quaking Palm doesn't DR with a large majority of their CC (only Sap and Hex) plus it's instant so they can set up CC easier.

I literally said "which doesn't have a bad racial" I don't even...

Hillarious and childish.

The only time Alliance dominated PvP was in WoD.

Legion, MoP, BFA and Vanilla were all horde dominated, while the other expacs were fairly balanced.

Humans get a single stun break, where as orcs get an extra relentless that stacks on top of relentless.

Trolls get a mini lust.

Literally every guide, all pro raid teams, and pro PvP teams say horde racials are better why would a single person on the forums saying their not make me think otherwise?
Because racials are irrelevant unless you are a super high level arena player

And even they don’t really care, a panda is top 20 rn

You should be playing what races you like not worrying about their insignificant racials

That's just not true. Sure it will be irrelevant if the one with better racials is fighting a more skilled player, skill matters the most after all. But if they are equally skilled the one with a better racial has a good advantage.

I have won and lost BG's because of a single players well timed racial. The same goes for arena but I don't think it's bad as it was in the past.

Hillarious and childish.

So we did good at the start of WoD before Horde racials where buffed again? Horde has Dominated MoP,Legion and now BFA and did pretty good in WoD by the end of it.
Horde did pretty good in WoD by the end of it.

...? were u alliance in wod. because there were still only 20 horde in total in wod s3
The devs play Horde.

Horde have been gifted better racials for the vast majority of the game, including the entire Legion expansion and start of BFA as well.

This means that people go Horde for BOTH PVE AND PVP.

This is really stupid design by Blizz. They could at least give Alliance better racials for PVP and Horde PVE to somewhat balance it but nope, Horde get both.

Thus all the top Mythic raiding guilds have gone Horde and all the top pvpers have gone Horde.

It has snowballed to this point because of a failure by Blizz to give Alliance good racials.
Everyone seems to be missing my point by a good mile.

In game, Alliance still does a great job against Horde, I dont see one faction out playing the other at all.
09/24/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Jerzhul
Horde did pretty good in WoD by the end of it.

...? were u alliance in wod. because there were still only 20 horde in total in wod s3

I'm mainly talking about BG's and Ashran, Horde characters where fine in arena after the racials where buffed. The problem was that too many people decided on going Human/Dwarf at the start and it took time for them all to rejoin the Horde.

I think that if Blizzard has such a hard time creating balanced and fair racials they should remove them in rated pvp and Mythic content and give us more interesting racials for outside of that content.

Everyone seems to be missing my point by a good mile.

The reason everyone thinks Alliance is bad is because the majority of people that do endgame content both PVE and PVP went Horde for the racials and then later for the population when it became too focused on the Horde.

This in turn makes it so more of the skilled players are mixed in BG's with the casual players compared to the Alliance, the racials help too but not to the point the game is broken. Because of that you will also find the Horde have more players that use the stronger classes and specs so they can progress while on Alliance more play whatever the enjoy the most rather then what's best. There is nothing wrong with this it's just an observation I made.

It's not that 'Alliance' lose all the time, it's the fact random groups of Alliance lose most of the time. Plenty of people that use premades or are skilled healers tend to win as Alliance. You are a MW right? If you are good then you alone can make a huge difference in a BG.

Gear was also a problem but that is no longer the case, again for random bg's not arena or pve. Horde are still have more skilled players but the gap is no longer as bad, at least it feels that way for me thanks to the Alliance casuals decent gear.

With Warfront welfare gear the majority of people on the Horde had at least 340 item level while Alliance was still full of people around 300 which really made things hard before our side got their turn at it. It's something irrelevant to the skilled players that do the real endgame content but for casuals it really helped them out considering how gearing currently works and the majority of people in bg's are the more casual type that benefit the most from gear handouts.
09/24/2018 12:10 PMPosted by Felryn
09/24/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Iluminara
That feel when you pvp, and the horde racial gives them more damage...

*laughs in gift of the naru*

Gift of the Naruu is a really good PVP racial though. Like imagine being in a stun and you're able to heal yourself or a partner for a good chunk. Come on. Think before you speak.

You say that like i meant Gift was Bad. It effectively NEGATES the damage they delt to me..., but meh.. Details.

Also it can crit, Has some interaction with haste if i can remember correctly, and isn't on the GCD.

it was a laugh of superiority... If i wanted to be upset about it i would have augmented the italicized comment with "Cries in X"
I think it's because in wod, they got used to never losing thanks to every pvp player going alliance.
09/24/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Roran
... Because racials are irrelevant unless you are a super high level arena player

And even they don’t really care, a panda is top 20 rn

You should be playing what races you like not worrying about their insignificant racials

That's just not true. Sure it will be irrelevant if the one with better racials is fighting a more skilled player, skill matters the most after all. But if they are equally skilled the one with a better racial has a good advantage.

I have won and lost BG's because of a single players well timed racial. The same goes for arena but I don't think it's bad as it was in the past.
You have lost an entire bg because of 1 racial??

Ya frickin right you are such a liar
Because their battle cry is “not in the face!”.

Really, I think it came from the earliest days of the game when the Horde was the ugly faction. Before blood elves, for the most part, the casuals didn’t gravitate to the Horde. So you often had people on the Horde who took the game much more serious. Of course this wasn’t always the case but it happened enough to earn the alliance the reputation and they have never been able to shake it.
Well... I have been in roughly 15 Random BGs so far. All of them have been losses. With my team refusing to push just standing back like cowards. The one time we did push we had no healers and the horde at 3.....So I think that is where the stigma comes from.
https://www.arenamate.net/

Alliance has a right to complain btw
It was my understanding that Alliance Racials were considered optimal over Horde. Horde for competitive PVE, Alliance for competitive PVP.
09/24/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Barash
It was my understanding that Alliance Racials were considered optimal over Horde. Horde for competitive PVE, Alliance for competitive PVP.

A long time ago this was the case, but it is no longer true.