Show your support for account wide Reps

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
i'd be happy with at least unlocking tabard appearances
yus pls
No to account wide reps, if you want rewards on an alt, then go play that alt and earn it.
09/16/2018 07:02 AMPosted by Caböwabö
09/16/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Gashysmashy
Post here if you want to show Blizzard you've had enough of the nonsense answers they give when it comes to account wide reputations. Nobody wants to grind 7th legion or champions or any other reputation multiple times and even if they did then they could easily make this account wide reputation thing something you can disable or opt into.

Blizzard, you want people to know you're listening? You want your customers to be happy? Then remove this dumb grind and make the game more alt-friendly and more enjoyable, people will more happily play their alts knowing that they won't lose so much progress. This is a good thing for you. Do it.

In other words

Show your support for being a lazy player who wants everything for free...... oh wait thats the base that Blizzard listens to, guess you wont have to wait long till they change it. :)

Except they already earned that rep, so no. That makes it absolutely not "for free". Good try with the strawman though
Post here if you want to show Blizzard you've had enough of the nonsense answers they give when it comes to account wide reputations. Nobody wants to grind 7th legion or champions or any other reputation multiple times and even if they did then they could easily make this account wide reputation thing something you can disable or opt into.

Blizzard, you want people to know you're listening? You want your customers to be happy? Then remove this dumb grind and make the game more alt-friendly and more enjoyable, people will more happily play their alts knowing that they won't lose so much progress. This is a good thing for you. Do it.

Agreed.

that is nonsense - you can't have one group getting rewards for nothing and then claiming well the other side can spend days of /played time earning them.

That would be the same as saying as giving people a choice of whether to raid for mythic raid gear or just get it mailed to you. Sign me up for that one, I don't want to waste my time raiding but sure would like that sweet gear.

Stop giving comparisons as if it's the same as free loot. People have earned these reputations, yet you find it reasonable that they are expected to grind that same reputation a good many more times if they have multiple characters? All of them? What if they have 80+ exalted reputations already?

What exactly is the problem with this being something to opt into? The sole reason why you're not wanting this is so that you can feel like it's a new character or whatever. What about other people having earned it and then not having to grind it again stops this feeling of yours? Why do other people have to suffer for your wish to grind the same reputation multiple times?

Are you saying that having this option is too good to pass up? I guess you really do want it after all then but don't want to admit it for whatever reason.

You have earned the rewards for ONE reputation. If you are happy with just having your bar filled without the rewards on your other characters then please make that argument.

You make the decision it is worth the effort or it isn't - you don't get all the rewards on multiple characters just because you want them for no effort whatsoever.
i hate reps.

This character has loads, but I leveled another to 120 to play with someone new to WoW. I don't want to go back and have to grind reps on my new druid, and I don't have the time for a second Alliance character. It's a waste of my valuable time. Why should I have to do it again?

And yes it matters - for achievements, for Allied races, etc. So why must I grind it again?

Answer - because it makes Blizzard more money.
09/16/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Amine

Stop giving comparisons as if it's the same as free loot. People have earned these reputations, yet you find it reasonable that they are expected to grind that same reputation a good many more times if they have multiple characters? All of them? What if they have 80+ exalted reputations already?

What exactly is the problem with this being something to opt into? The sole reason why you're not wanting this is so that you can feel like it's a new character or whatever. What about other people having earned it and then not having to grind it again stops this feeling of yours? Why do other people have to suffer for your wish to grind the same reputation multiple times?

Are you saying that having this option is too good to pass up? I guess you really do want it after all then but don't want to admit it for whatever reason.

You have earned the rewards for ONE reputation. If you are happy with just having your bar filled without the rewards on your other characters then please make that argument.

You make the decision it is worth the effort or it isn't - you don't get all the rewards on multiple characters just because you want them for no effort whatsoever.

So you genuinely think it's reasonable that you have to grind all reputations to exalted all over again if you dare play another class? That's hundreds of hours doing something you've already done before and already earned before. Imagine someone having 80+ exalted reputations on their main and then losing allllllll that progress simply for playing another character that's more fun.

You must have all the time and patience in the world or have 0 alts at all
09/16/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Qaaliaa
i hate reps.

This character has loads, but I leveled another to 120 to play with someone new to WoW. I don't want to go back and have to grind reps on my new druid, and I don't have the time for a second Alliance character. It's a waste of my valuable time. Why should I have to do it again?

Answer - because it makes Blizzard more money.

This is my thought as well. Reps should be cross account.
You guys against account wide rep are presenting very poor reasons. You’re all acting like exalted rep gear isn’t already outdated already a month into the expansion. You’re saying no because of 350 gear? I’m not exalted on my main yet and rep gear is already trash for him. I’ve also got this Druid and a dh at 340+ just from the warfront loot piñata. farming exalted isn’t something I’m going to do on my alts because the time to reward ratio just isn’t there.

pets and mounts are already account wide, what are we gating behind the rep grind for alts? 350 gear has a very small window in which it’s useful to people and it’s easier to spam mythics, mythics+, lfr uldir, and warfronts at this point.

I really don’t care if rep goes account wide or not, my main will get exalted with the dailies eventually and I will just continue not caring about lackluster gear that’s already being surpassed by the current raid tier.
yes
09/16/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Camelhoof
You guys against account wide rep are presenting very poor reasons. You’re all acting like exalted rep gear isn’t already outdated already a month into the expansion. You’re saying no because of 350 gear? I’m not exalted on my main yet and rep gear is already trash for him. I’ve also got this Druid and a dh at 340+ just from the warfront loot piñata. farming exalted isn’t something I’m going to do on my alts because the time to reward ratio just isn’t there.

pets and mounts are already account wide, what are we gating behind the rep grind for alts? 350 gear has a very small window in which it’s useful to people and it’s easier to spam mythics, mythics+, lfr uldir, and warfronts at this point.

I really don’t care if rep goes account wide or not, my main will get exalted with the dailies eventually and I will just continue not caring about lackluster gear that’s already being surpassed by the current raid tier.

Honestly if anything this would make getting exalted more worthwhile, because while by the time you reach exalted on your main you'll already have better gear - it would still at least be good to have if you plan on leveling alts up and playing with them too.

It would make grinding for the current reps feel much better.
Yes.
No, but not because I don't want it, but because others do not. However, I think we should have system in place for Bonus Rep to alts or some sorta optional thing. MoP system.

Bonus Rep gain at revered if you buy an item. And make it large like 300%. Also, when you are maxed out exalted, have items you can give to alts for Rep that gives 1k+ Rep per. If you make it optional and not forced, I believe it's fine and that the community that doesn't want it can ignore it. Also, don't make tabards require Rep to transmog.

Maybe even a BoE drop so we can sell it on the AH like WoDs Rep tokens.. My main and even alt didn't need the gear from exalted Rep by the time I reached it. It was useless gear especially if you want to try and target it.

Either way, they definitely need an option with champions of azeroth and 7th legion. Not sure how besides that on alts, you can do the entire war campaign without needing Rep. With champions of azeroth, that's where I'm not sure the best route.
Post here if you want to show Blizzard you've had enough of the nonsense answers they give

thats where this thread could of ended and it would still be accurate.

ive had enough of blizzards nonsense answers since diablo 2 patch 1.10
Yes
No thanks.
No.

But the 80/90/etc reputations achievement should be account-wide.
Shared rep would never work because it would give people with multiple toons an insane advantage.

I do support unlocking rep rewards for all characters once you’ve done it once.
You only have to do the rep on 1 character to unlock the new allied races. allowing people to buy the 350 gear on alts would not only encourage people to play more alts resulting in more subtime, but would also result in another gold sink for blizzard as people would actually buy the gear for a fresh 120 as it would be in the window of time where it’s actually usable before they start raiding.