Tell us a cool WoW fact we might not know

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
09/18/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Cidfrostfire
09/17/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Vishmitar
Some elf in the game sacrificed everything, and is curious what you've given.

I still find it funny that death knight players get the "I've sacrificed everything. What have YOU given?" line from demon hunter NPCs.

Like....if I were a death knight, I'd want to slap the !@#$ out of the demon hunter for that.

Death Knights sacrificed little. What you had was stolen and what you are was forced upon you.
DHunters gave it all up willingly, hence "sacrifice"
only ones i can remember, that havent been mentioned...

-forsaken could swim indefinately underwater back in beta
- the 'hellavators' in mulgor... alliance tried invading and we blocked them in at the ellevators, there were so many corpses at te bottom due to all the locks using fear and 30 being the cap
-forsaken ran when a paladin or priest was near due to taking increased holy damage
-Aq unlocking was a blast on Stormshield due to the insane world pvp atthe time
09/18/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Melikanezzar
-forsaken could swim indefinately underwater back in beta
Forsaken kept that racial ability well into vanilla iirc.

Related: If you exploited your way into Hyjal, there was a VERY VERY DEEP pool of water under the world tree, and sometimes Warlocks would bring a friend to help summon random unsuspecting players. These players would get invited to a group, then receive an unexpected summon to "Hyjal", which everyone knew wasn't supposed to be accessible, then when they took it they found themselves so far under water they died before reaching the surface.

09/18/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Melikanezzar
-Aq unlocking was a blast on Stormshield due to the insane world pvp atthe time
The AQ opening was an incredible event that I would really love to see attempted again in some form. Obviously there were a lot of server issues that would make that challenging though. When it worked though, the entire zone was swarmed with insanely strong enemies, some were as strong and large as any raid boss (and dropped loot accordingly). Every major guild on your server had raid groups racing around trying to claim as many raid bosses as possible while fighting against other guilds to defend their claims. PvP against the opposite faction and mob training into same faction rivals, having friendly relations with other guilds was a huge boon as some people opted to swap roles between getting a kill and defending their ally's raid while they got their own. Events like these really promoted and encouraged building social ties with others on your server.
Fun when wow fact. Artifact systems and azerite necklace exist to compel players to log in daily to 'stay ahead'.
I remember doing quests to unlock my totems a LONG time ago.

Cant remember which ones or what, but I remember being irritated at doing the quest cause i had no idea what i was doing lol
I would also love to see a major event like the one right before wrath.
That was awesome, and i sometimes still rock the armor set as a transmog ^_^
09/17/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Senseimoonk
I just want to learn something new

Mr T's nightelf mohawk was the best ever NPC added to the game.

The AV summon bosses were actually deadly and game changers.

on to the REAL facts peopel dont know:

the GM's can get shocked.

Back when Worgen were new I made one. I never compelted all of the questline but hit 19 so I qued for deadmines.
I got in. stuff went good. died at last boss and ran back into dugneon.

here is where it gets weird

insteado f being teleported back to gilneas quets are i was in when i qued..it put me outside the deadmines portal..

I had no way to get back to the area i needed to progress.

literally stuck.

made a ticket and GM was shocked I managed ot get out of the zone as apaprently you were NOT suppsoed ot be able to que while in the startign area like I managed.

they had me log out and moved my worgen back to where it needed. lifem voed on.

GM are cool people :)
I suspect Wise Mari is inspired by this:

https://accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/hecker/wheel263.html#ch9

Under the glance of the Perfect One the astral body of Mara Dusi dissolved on the spot and reappeared in the deepest hell. Just a moment ago he had been the overlord of all the hellish worlds and now he himself was one of hell's victims. A moment ago he had been the greatest torturer and now he himself was undergoing one of those terrible torments. Such is the rapid change in samsaric situations. For many thousands of years Moggallana had to suffer in hell as a punishment for his frivolity towards a saint. Ten thousand years he had to spend alone in a hellish pool, having a human body and the head of a fish, just as Pieter Breughel had painted such beings in his pictures of the hells. Whenever two lances of his torturers crossed in his heart, he would know that a thousand years of his torment had passed. (Majjh. 50).
09/17/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Tudilles
Back in the day, hunters used mana, had to buy ammo and ammo bags/quivers. They also had to feed their pets to keep em happy to do optimal damage or they'd get unhappy and leave.

Also, before you got your feed pet ability you had to keep taming pets because you had no way to maintain happiness.

Yep, I made a living in wrath making mammoth cutters and saronite arrows.
There used to be high level, neutral, invisible ghost mobs at the abandoned mansion in northwest duskwood. If you used AOE in there, you'd pull them and usually die, having no idea what killed you.

Effects that let you see invisible revealed them.
09/18/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Assura
There used to be high level, neutral, invisible ghost mobs at the abandoned mansion in northwest duskwood. If you used AOE in there, you'd pull them and usually die, having no idea what killed you.

Effects that let you see invisible revealed them.

I remember that, though I think locks could see them
Dont know if it's been said yet.
Magni Bronzebeard forged Ashbringer while he was super sad. He believed both his brothers (Muradin and Brann) were dead.
Its believed dwarves can imbue the weapons they forge with their own emotions, too.
The nostalgia that comes from reading all these post makes me happy, haha.

Played back in late 'nilla.
My sub ends in 22 hours
Siouxsie the Banshee, death knight quest giver, is a nod to old school goth band Siouxsie and the Banshees who among other things did a song on the Batman Returns soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2FNByoRGjY
At one point there were spell resistances in the game, you had to stack spell penetration to effectively get around it. Races and classes had different spell resists.

Armor penetration was like that but for armor. That stayed in the game a lot longer than spell pen.

At the end of the burning crusade a BM hunter could talent into Readiness + BW, allowing the hunter 31 seconds they could not be cc's stunned feared poly'd etc, all the while having a huge damage boost. It was nerfed a couple of months after wrath launched.

In the wrath pre event you could talk to the other faction when you both were zombies. You were actually friendly then, and could even trade cross faction. Its how a lot of people got the other factions pets. Also there were zombie raids that both sides joined together and then went and tore up the cities. Was really an awesome event.

Before global AH each cities auction house was that city only, and only for that faction.

Felhunters used to have a passive called paranoia, they could sense stealth and alert the warlock to the presence of a rogue or druid. It was removed in 2008 before wrath.

There is a grave by the wall and dun garok in hillsbrad that has a npc mourning by it. It reads .. In Loving Memory Anthony Ray Stark 1961 - 2005 he was a friend of some of wows developers and a player. The npc by the grave was his ingame character. How cool was it for the devs to memorialize a friend that didnt work at blizzard. Too me it shows the humanity of the developers.
I remember when you had to level up your skill for each weapon you could equip, including just using your fist.

The fist took forever, you just afk while endlessly punching some poor beast in the face. I believe there was an achievement for that.

p.s. someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think we even had an action button for punch, might have been for specific class cannot remember
09/18/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Allintu
I remember when you had to level up your skill for each weapon you could equip, including just using your fist.

The fist took forever, you just afk while endlessly punching some poor beast in the face. I believe there was an achievement for that.

You also had to travel to different cities to learn different weapons. Which was quite the journey pre level 40.
I was reading this and wondering. Does anyone remember mage tower and after cat was it removed. It was a cool spot to go and fish. cause no one could get there in less they did that long attunement quest.
You can hear the ghostly Battlecry of Leeroy Jenkins the halls in Upper Blackrock Spire.

Not really but wouldn't that be cool if you entered there today? ;)