Azerite Trait Tuning September 17

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 Next
Hi, I am a marks hunter. We are one of the worst dps specs. Why are you nurfing us? Seriously?
09/17/2018 06:30 PMPosted by Wrecklêss
09/17/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Lore
As mentioned in the Reddit AMA last Friday, we’re working on balance tuning for Azerite Armor traits. We’re planning to make the following changes during this week’s maintenance period. Note that there are more changes already in the works; this is just a first pass, focused on bringing some of the biggest outliers up (or down) to more acceptable levels.

General
  • Archive of the Titans: Primary stat bonus increased by 20%
  • Laser Matrix: Damage reduced by 30%
  • Thunderous Blast: Damage reduced by 35%

Death Knight
  • (Frost) Frozen Tempest: Damage increased by 100%

Druid
  • (Feral) Blood Mist: Damage increased by 125%

Hunter
  • (Beast Mastery) Feeding Frenzy: Damage increased by 400%
  • (Marksmanship) Arcane Flurry: Duration increased to 10 seconds, damage reduced by 45%

Mage
  • (Arcane) Brain Storm: Duration increased to 30 seconds, Intellect bonus reduced by 75%
  • (Fire) Firemind: Intellect bonus increased by 30%

Monk
  • (Windwalker) Iron Fists: Required targets reduced to 3
  • (Windwalker) Swift Roundhouse: Damage bonus reduced by 55%

Rogue
  • (Assassination) Shrouded Suffocation: Damage bonus reduced by 40%

Shaman
  • (Elemental/Enhancement) Natural Harmony: Secondary stat bonuses increased by 40%

Warlock
  • (Affliction) Sudden Onset: Damage bonus reduced by 30%
  • (Demonology) Demonic Meteor: Damage increased by 200%
  • (Destruction) Flashpoint: Duration increased to 10 seconds, Haste bonus increased by 25%

Warrior
  • (Fury) Simmering Rage: Damage increased by 35%

Do we all get a free reforge?
To all the people that keep saying it's 5g... that is the first. The cost increases every time. Play the game and youd know this

The cost actually decreases again after every three days of not using it. If you played the game, you would know this.
So classes that don't have sufficiently relevant traits (who to blame for that huh) will get punished even further for not having development depth?

Yeah, can't defend 'ya anymore devs.
Make crappy traits less crappy. Why are you nerfing the good ones instead? Jeepers criminy, you people.
lol @ anyone who’s upset at the cost of reforging. xD
09/18/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Sadaar
lol @ anyone who’s upset at the cost of reforging. xD
especially with it being reset day lol
Hole e sh!t you devs are a bunch of (insert bad adjectives here). What in the he!! are you guys doing?? Your answer to azerite traits being complete sh!t outside of a couple is to.....nerf the couple??!!

I feel sorry for a few of the classes that have really been kind of depending on Thunderous and Lazer for the added dps because their classes are in a sh!tty position as it is.
Not to mention Assassination rogues, that in ONE single hotnerf (it isn't a hotfix because this didn't fix SH!T), you just nerfed to the ground their top THREE traits...

These devs will not be happy until everyone in every class plays that class the same exact way, same exact talents, same exact traits, etc... I can't wait for Ion's BVLLSH!T answers at today's Q&A. Guy lies and gives non-answers more than anyone Ive ever seen at this company since I've been playing.

Azerite armor is TRASH. So through all there "discussions" the best thing they can think of to do is make it worse...gg! F'ing idiots.
Well I was super excited when I got laser matrix on my warrior and thunderous blast on my hunter. Thanks for the nerf boiz. If it was unintended then how did it make it this far into the game? Y’all have had these traits in testing for how long now? Why not just buff the crappy ones, it’s not like people are flying through content.
09/17/2018 06:26 PMPosted by Lore
As mentioned in the Reddit AMA last Friday, we’re working on balance tuning for Azerite Armor traits. We’re planning to make the following changes during this week’s maintenance period. Note that there are more changes already in the works; this is just a first pass, focused on bringing some of the biggest outliers up (or down) to more acceptable levels.

General
  • Archive of the Titans: Primary stat bonus increased by 20%
  • Laser Matrix: Damage reduced by 30%
  • Thunderous Blast: Damage reduced by 35%

Death Knight
  • (Frost) Frozen Tempest: Damage increased by 100%

Druid
  • (Feral) Blood Mist: Damage increased by 125%

Hunter
  • (Beast Mastery) Feeding Frenzy: Damage increased by 400%
  • (Marksmanship) Arcane Flurry: Duration increased to 10 seconds, damage reduced by 45%

Mage
  • (Arcane) Brain Storm: Duration increased to 30 seconds, Intellect bonus reduced by 75%
  • (Fire) Firemind: Intellect bonus increased by 30%

Monk
  • (Windwalker) Iron Fists: Required targets reduced to 3
  • (Windwalker) Swift Roundhouse: Damage bonus reduced by 55%

Rogue
  • (Assassination) Shrouded Suffocation: Damage bonus reduced by 40%

Shaman
  • (Elemental/Enhancement) Natural Harmony: Secondary stat bonuses increased by 40%

Warlock
  • (Affliction) Sudden Onset: Damage bonus reduced by 30%
  • (Demonology) Demonic Meteor: Damage increased by 200%
  • (Destruction) Flashpoint: Duration increased to 10 seconds, Haste bonus increased by 25%

Warrior
  • (Fury) Simmering Rage: Damage increased by 35%

Wow thanks for nerfing the gear ive spent the last month farming. Really appreciate it. Really appreciate all the buffs to the bad traits as well. Great job! /end sarcasm.
Plain and simple. You don't like the game just play something else.
Protection
Last Defender now has a cap of up to 50% reduction in damage taken.

Completely unneeded and unjustified nerf.
I destroyed item with Archive of the Titans coz i have another item with Laser Matrix are you going to give me the item back ?
Balance druid still only gets to be halfway useful 3x a minute. Nerf SS, put some of that power into Celestial Alignment baseline (since it's pathetic and on a ridiculous 3-minute CD) and our sustain damage and AP generation to compensate. Or don't put any of it into CA and instead reduce CA's cooldown while boosting our AP generation and sustain. There are 2-minute CDs which are significantly more impactful per use than baseline CA.

And then SS just makes it overly powerful to the point where you're completely and utterly hosed if anything happens during your once-every-3-minutes chance to do any damage. There's no happy medium to any of this.

Did you leave SS as it is because it doesn't make anyone happy in its current state, unlike some of the traits which were nerfed?

Thunderous Blast was a little crazy, but 35% is a massive nerf. Possibly an overnerf. What are you guys doing?
And why can we stack these in the first place? Streaking Stars gets a little less ridiculous if we can only have one.

Buff the proc chance of ones which rely upon stacking to have a decent proc chance in the first place (Duplicative Incineration for instance) and then limit every trait to 1. Then make other traits worth using for our 2nd and 3rd slots.

It'd be a little more interesting for us, and it'd be a bit easier for you guys to balance, and it really seems you guys could use that.
So we decided to just nerf everything and not buff the bad traits? Great design choice. I love just losing power instead of having the terribly bad azerite system actually balanced. Do you guys even play your own game? You're not listening to data, you're not listening to players, you would think the least you would do is play it for yourself so you had a grasp at what the problems were.
09/18/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Teco

Plain and simple. Take your attempt at coming in to bark orders elsewhere if you don't like the posts. Players are allowed to give feedback about changes, you don't get to silence them.
09/18/2018 08:32 AMPosted by Teco

Comments like these are so dumb. We like the game, we just don’t like spending time collecting certain pieces of gear only to have them nerfed a few weeks later.
It is getting harder to be excited about getting new pieces of Azerite gear because you never know what trait they are going to decide isn’t balanced anymore.
Definitely not getting rid of any more azerite gear though, lesson learned.
hi boomchicken here fix our dmg
kthxbye,hi boomchicken here fix our dmg
kthxbye
What I don't like is that this affects progression. Vantus runes were nerfed and traits were nerfed. So now our raid comp is sort of stuck with getting gear that barely counter acts the nerfs this week.

The instance should get easier week over week and the changes sort of flat line us for a week. It'll be fine in the long term but the timing really sucks.
*Removing Tier was a mistake*