Make Marks PETLESS and VIABLE

Hunter
i think it would be very interesting to make marks a petless class, or at least offer a talent to make no pet and severely upgrade the damage and also make it viable. what do you guys think? marks used to be alot more popular then BM before bm was made insanely OP so i think people in general like hunters for the bow aspect not the pet aspect.. thoughts? i have always loved hunter for bow/range but hate controlling/having to deal with a pet.. i just want to be a solo range/bow guy
LW needs left alone.
Mm can be petless... and I think viability comes with gear
09/19/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Ruzaki
Mm can be petless... and I think viability comes with gear

well i mean as good as bm, to the point where its actually competitive again amongst the top melee classes and not just a rag doll like it has been for the last several expansions.
Single target I think MM will out dps BM if played right by ilvl 370. BM has never scaled well where MM scales very well
MM is just designed poorly right now, but the pet has nothing to do with that. LW as it is right now is pretty much perfect.
Woah, please don't touch Lone Wolf. Its good as it is.
Just need some changes in abilities in such a way that a good dps can be maintained throughout the fight.
LW needs more than Survival of the !@#$test. This is a horrible defensive.
??? You realize most top hunters in logs are running LW right? Issue is the Marks numbers and playstyle as a whole is lacking, not lone wolf. Play without your pet, noone is forcing you like Legion was.
I usually run Lone Wolf but sometimes I will bring out a pet with leech to help out my healers.
09/19/2018 05:05 AMPosted by Ruzaki
Single target I think MM will out dps BM if played right by ilvl 370. BM has never scaled well where MM scales very well

Sadly, single target is where the pet increases our dmg for MM. It's in AoE that LW outparses the pet.
Part of the issue with LW is that to applies a 10% buff to overall Hunter Damage. Where as the Pet will cause between 12%-15% of the Hunters over all damage.

So using LW as it is is a possible 2%-5% overall dps loss. Now having a ton of haste work around this issue, but it is still RNG out to wazoo on both getting the correct stats on gear, and having a good enough weapon.
09/19/2018 04:41 AMPosted by Whim
LW needs left alone.

LW is in a decent place on the damage side, but it absolutely needs to be made as close to utility neutral as possible as well. If it is not, it will never even be considered in PvP.
Marksmanship pet should be a cosmetic choice from a damage talent.

It is not acceptable design to force players to choose between damage and utility.
09/19/2018 09:46 AMPosted by Synonym
It is not acceptable design to force players to choose between damage and utility.
At the moment the damage difference is minimal, at least for ST. It's really a choice between utility and no utility, which of course isn't really a choice at all if you are in a situation where the utility makes a difference.
Just give MM deterrencex2 going LW. If they really want to push "archer no pet" concept, remove Turtle and Cheetah. Give MM a 1 minute cd sprint that works like Spirit Walk. Giving us a passive DR wouldn't also hurt either.
09/19/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Shadøw
Just give MM deterrencex2 going LW. If they really want to push "archer no pet" concept, remove Turtle and Cheetah. Give MM a 1 minute cd sprint that works like Spirit Walk. Giving us a passive DR wouldn't also hurt either.

We are definitely not on the same page with "utility neutral". I agree that MM should never have lost, and should very likely get back a 2 charged deterrence. As for the others, they are bigger than "neutral" as well. We should NOT have a LW that gives these things. If MM needs these things then MM needs these things.

LW needs to be as close to neutral as it can be. After it has been made as close as possible, we can debate a 1% difference in DPS and complain about our first world problems til the cows come home. I will no longer be a part of that conversation because I will be enjoying the game (assuming they fix all the other crap at the same time).

Bottom line, LW needs to be a true choice. CHOICE. Choice choice choice choice choice.

Think only one word;

Choice.

Assuming you aren't ridiculously anal about 1% damage AND you don't need a pocket tank for some PvE elite, think this:

If you wanted a pet for any situation, PvE or PvP, would you choose a pet. If you didn't want a pet for any situation, would you choose LW.

If the answer is yes to both, you have arrived at something worth posting.
You can never give up a pet as long as it has RoS, Masters Call, Mortal Wounds, and magic dispel. They are just too powerful of utility in PvP. There is no choice here, I wish they could figure this out.
09/19/2018 10:26 AMPosted by Shadøw

We are definitely not on the same page with "utility neutral". I agree that MM should never have lost, and should very likely get back a 2 charged deterrence. As for the others, they are bigger than "neutral" as well. We should NOT have a LW that gives these things. If MM needs these things then MM needs these things.

LW needs to be as close to neutral as it can be. After it has been made as close as possible, we can debate a 1% difference in DPS and complain about our first world problems til the cows come home. I will no longer be a part of that conversation because I will be enjoying the game (assuming they fix all the other crap at the same time).

Bottom line, LW needs to be a true choice. CHOICE. Choice choice choice choice choice.

Think only one word;

Choice.

Assuming you aren't ridiculously anal about 1% damage AND you don't need a pocket tank for some PvE elite, think this:

If you wanted a pet for any situation, would you choose a pet. If you didn't want a pet for any situation, would you choose LW.

If the answer is yes to both, you have arrived at something worth posting.
Most likely we aren't. LW needs to bring MORE to the table than it currently does outside of damage.

As for your pet part, I really have no idea what you're trying to say.
09/19/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Vyadanas
You can never give up a pet as long as it has RoS, Masters Call, Mortal Wounds, and magic dispel. They are just too powerful of utility in PvP. There is no choice here, I wish they could figure this out.
RoS could be traded off for, say, a second turtle charge or a petless flavored version of it. Master's call should be what you get if you dismiss a cunning pet. LW could make aimed shot apply mortal wounds, and magic dispel could be tranq shot.