Azerite Traits = mana

Priest
I found at least 1 trait you NEED to get as holy / DISC.

Sacred Flame.

It seems small but its a MAJOR save for mana.

I was looking at suggestions and ideas on Icy Veins, and they mention a bunch of useful tips for Azerite. This one is the best I found, it's on the outer ring of some armor.

Currently on my shoulder;. I was almost oom like every boss I just finished a heroic, didn't have to stop for mana even once!

So if you are struggling like I was, find armor with this trait and you will be fine. It requires holy flame / smite on targets but you just have to keep the holy flame dot as much as possible, when it hits you can watch the mana meter go up slightly do it often enough (your spells and smite have a chance to reset holy flame) and you can use it enough to basically reduce mana usage significantly.

Just FYI

TL;DR - get sacred flame trait on Azerite armor, it will help tremendously.
Um...Sacred Flame is Holy-only. You can't get it as Disc.
Also I could be wrong cause I never tested it but... doesn't Sacred Flame basically just refund the mana cost of Holy Fire? Like you get about as much mana back as it cost you to cast Holy Fire to begin with?
09/20/2018 12:25 AMPosted by Moringa
Also I could be wrong cause I never tested it but... doesn't Sacred Flame basically just refund the mana cost of Holy Fire? Like you get about as much mana back as it cost you to cast Holy Fire to begin with?

at 340 ilvl yeah pretty much higher ilvl with the trait you would start gaining back mana still very bad trait though.

with my disc gear that has 1500 haste I get 9 ticks of holy fire so in the raid with reorigination array 10 maybe. A 385 of the trait gives 269 mana per tick (according to wowhead) so you gain 2690 mana for the cost of 1000 netting 1690 every holy fire cast. Even with the best case senario you would be better off spending all those GCD healing and sitting down drinking a replenish pot

now if someone can test the trait to see if the mana stacks then we may be talking about something usable
It's probably a result of you spamming Smite instead of a heal that's helping your mana not so much the trait.
When I heal as holy in raids and am going super try hard I can blow through my entire mana pool, use my mana hymn into a replenishing pot and have almost full mana all over again. If you require 2 full mana pools before the boss ends you're either not being very efficient or your group is pretty terrible. But they still wouldn't be as terrible as the trait you are claiming to be a must have.
09/20/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Ryfe
It's probably a result of you spamming Smite instead of a heal that's helping your mana not so much the trait.

Smite is free as holy.

Sacred Flame.

Mana usually shouldn't be an issue to justify investing in that trait.
Posted by Ryfe

Smite is free as holy.

Hence why they said that spamming smite instead of spamming heal was helping their mana?
Honestly it's holy priests worse trait. The only application for it is holy priest solo questing for a small damage boost.

It does not save you any mana. Holy fire costs 1000 mana. This returns about 850 mana as at I'll 340 I think.

Now stacking three traits does give you some net mana passed the 1000 cost. Like 3 traits on 370 ilvl pieces restores around 2700, so that's a net gain of 1700 mana.

Is 1700 mana every holy fire worth losing 3 useful throughput traits fir? Not really no. Especially since holy fire isn't a regular spell for holy to use.

I'll admit that it's a lot of mana over a long fight if you use it on CD. That adds about 850 to holy's base 4000 regen. With the 10% regen talents holy would have about 5250 regen every 5 seconds with holy fire roling. Thats about 60k mana over a 6 minute fight.

Maybe better than flash/heal traits for raids but only if you can get all 3. I'D rather have 3 PoH traits.
Sacred flame's is a noob trap trait. I have yet to find a pc of azerite gear that has 'sacred flame' as the holy trait and not have the generic trait be better.

If you are running oom in raid's stop trying to dps with Holy fire and just use smite.