Dreadwake Mount

Customer Support
A couple of weeks ago I bought 9 months of game time via tokens from the auction house. Had I known Blizzard was going to do this promotion I would have taken the extra step to convert them to Battlenet balance then buy my game time that way. I am kind of at a loss right now because the best answer a GM can give me after waiting 24 hours for a ticket response is "buy more time we aren't giving you this mount" and then patronizing me by saying "I looked into even getting an exception to see if I could provide the mount since you have been with us for so long. But, that came up with no luck." I know tokens aren't usually refunded but in cases like this exceptions cannot be made?
No, tokens cannot be refunded.

Your options are to purchase the bundle from the shop or wait for the mount to be sold separately from the shop in 2019.
At least they gave you that much effort of trying to get it manually flagged for you. I didn't get anything close to that niceness.

Definitely a poorly arranged promotion.
09/21/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Tobias

How is it poorly arranged? It is pretty straight forward. People feeling entitled to it because they did something OTHER than what the promotion was for isn't Blizzard's fault.
At least they gave you that much effort of trying to get it manually flagged for you. I didn't get anything close to that niceness.

I agree. I genuinely don't understand why game time purchased with tokens isn't flagging an account for eligibility. Someone bought that token and put it in the auction house so it's not like cash isn't being exchanged in one way or the other.

Also, I digress. I didn't see it as niceness. It was grossly patronizing because it matters not I've played for 14 years. That doesn't put me at odds to receive an item just because I've played longer than others. I highly doubt that GM actually took steps to see if I could be awarded that mount. I see that as a shallow line of text projected to cast Blizzard in a positive light. Both tickets I opened actually linked me back to WoWhead articles and then copied and pasted the entire WoWhead article they were linking to without taking time to actually address the concern. Customer service through tickets is abysmal these days. Long gone are the days you could call and talk to a human or even chat in-game with a GM for that matter. Rather, they opt for a wall of copied and pasted text that takes 24 hours to get to you.
09/21/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Mourningg
People feeling entitled to it because they did something OTHER than what the promotion was for isn't Blizzard's fault.

All other topics aside, I actually agree that it was pretty bad form not to provide the mount to anyone who has 6 or more months of game time banked from Tokens.

I'm not going to criticize that decision too much because I'm sure there's more to it, but I'm disappointed that wasn't the choice that was made.

How is it poorly arranged? It is pretty straight forward. People feeling entitled to it because they did something OTHER than what the promotion was for isn't Blizzard's fault.

I purchased 9 months of game time. That's 3 months more than this promotion is requiring. How am I feeling "entitled"? So my purchase with in-game tokens isn't as good as your debit card purchase of $77? Someone paid for those tokens. Cash was exchanged.
09/21/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Kelly

I purchased 9 months of game time. That's 3 months more than this promotion is requiring. How am I feeling "entitled"? So my purchase with in-game tokens isn't as good as your debit card purchase of $77? Someone paid for those tokens. Cash was exchanged.

Because the promotion wasn't for buying a certain amount of game time. It was for buying a specific promotional package that included a 6 month sub. The only people that didn't have to buy the package were those that had a 6 month sub before midnight PST on Sept. 19th.

You are entitled because you want something that you didn't qualify for. If you want the promotion you would need to meet the requirements of said promotion. This is how all promotions work. You don't get a buy three get something for free promotion just because you have bought six over a previous period of time.

09/21/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
All other topics aside, I actually agree that it was pretty bad form not to provide the mount to anyone who has 6 or more months of game time banked from Tokens.

But that wasn't what the promotion was for. It was a promotional package that you have to actually buy. It includes the mount and six months of game time. It wasn't about how much time someone has on the account. The only exception was for someone that already had a six month sub that was ongoing before midnight Sept. 19th.
09/21/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Mourningg
09/21/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Kelly

Because the promotion wasn't for buying a certain amount of game time. It was for buying a specific promotional package that included a 6 month sub. The only people that didn't have to buy the package were those that had a 6 month sub before midnight PST on Sept. 19th.

You are entitled because you want something that you didn't qualify for. If you want the promotion you would need to meet the requirements of said promotion. This is how all promotions work. You don't get a buy three get something for free promotion just because you have bought six over a previous period of time.

09/21/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes

But that wasn't what the promotion was for. It was a promotional package that you have to actually buy. It includes the mount and six months of game time. It wasn't about how much time someone has on the account. The only exception was for someone that already had a six month sub that was ongoing before midnight Sept. 19th.

Had I taken the extra step of converting my tokens to Battlenet balance then using them to purchase 6 months of game time I wouldn't be having this discussion. That qualifies as a 6 month active subscription.

"In addition, WoW players who have purchased the 180 Days Game Time service in the Shop within the past 30 days** or who are currently on a 6-month recurring subscription will receive the Dreadwake mount at no additional charge. Look for the gift icon in your Blizzard Battle.net desktop app to claim yours.***"

Within the past 30 days. That was the blue post.
09/21/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Kelly
Had I taken the extra step of converting my tokens to Battlenet balance then using them to purchase 6 months of game time I wouldn't be having this discussion. That qualifies as a 6 month active subscription.

However you didn't have a 6 month sub or 180 day game time block active at the time. So you don't qualify that way. That was done as a way to give the mount to those that had already done the six month sub or 180 game time block that was active prior to the the promotion going live (these are very specific things). You don't qualify for the promotion, nothing you say here is going to change that.

Again the promotion was very specific. If you don't like that make a post in General.
09/21/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Mourningg
09/21/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Kelly

However you didn't have a 6 month sub or 180 day game time block active at the time. So you don't qualify that way. That was done as a way to give the mount to those that had already done the six month sub or 180 game time block that was active prior to the the promotion going live (these are very specific things). You don't qualify for the promotion, nothing you say here is going to change that.

Again the promotion was very specific. If you don't like that make a post in General.

I'm not understanding how buying 9 months of game time in bulk 2 weeks ago doesn't qualify as having "180 day game time block active at the same time". I used those tokens at the time I purchased them and when I go to my account settings I see my account status flagged as "active" with my game time expiring on 6/28/19 at 1:45 PM.

Of course, this is all rather irrelevant since they refuse to let people who recently bought game time with tokens qualify and won't refund tokens that were purchased in-game 2 weeks ago so we are able to apply those tokens to Battlenet balance and purchase the game time/bundle that way. I'm just curious what they define as a "180 game time block active at the same time".
09/21/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Kelly
I'm just curious what they define as a "180 game time block active at the same time".

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-dreadwake-gametime-bundle

Or, for renewing subscriptions, as long as it was billed before the start of the promotion.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription
in a 6 month block.
09/21/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Kozzae
09/21/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Kelly
I'm just curious what they define as a "180 game time block active at the same time".

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-mount-dreadwake-gametime-bundle

Or, for renewing subscriptions, as long as it was billed before the start of the promotion.

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription
in a 6 month block.

So it would be correct to say using tokens does not count as an "active subscription". You have to use a credit/debit card or buy a game time card, however, if you have Battlenet balance you are able to purchase this particular bundle that way. It seems odd to me that you can use tokens to keep your account active but they don't count as an active subscription, so to speak.

I get that the game can be purchased in 1/3/6 month increments. I was going off of Mourningg's post that stated "6 month sub or 180 day game time block active at the time" so I wasn't understanding what the difference was between the sub and the time block.
09/21/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Kelly
So it would be correct to say using tokens does not count as an "active subscription".

Correct, and confirmed, 1 month or 3 month at a time does not work. It has to be either a 6 month sub billed before 9/19, or a 180 days game time block purchased by the link I provided.