Fury warriors in 8.1?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prots get a blue, Shaman get a blue, what about Fury? Or are we supposed to just be expected to be arms as we are currently one of the least represented specs in the game currently? (sitting next to fire mages)
Fury only needs damage buffs, not a whole blue post
09/21/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Huulrah
Fury only needs damage buffs, not a whole blue post

Considering the only buff we've seen is 35% to simmering rage which raised its damage by 100, I think we could use a blue post explaining why they were so quick to buff arms and then ignore fury, every single expansion, in the first few months they have to buff us because they don't seem to understand the scaling involved with fury and gear.
Agreed, fury needs like a 10% or more dmg buff tbh.
Fury hardly needs any large redesigns, the spec is quite well designed and fun to play.

The biggest problem with Fury, imo, is that our Azerite traits are pretty garbage in general and most don't bring much to the table outside of single target either. You compare it to Lord of War, Test of Might, Executioner's Precision, even Seismic Wave. All 4 of those traits can have large impacts in various situations.

Meanwhile Fury gets two traits that make Rampage do a bit more damage. Reckless Flurry makes my auto attacks stronger (while providing an almost useless cooldown reduction). Infinite Fury is garbage, Bloodcraze is not amazing and super boring to boot.

When you look at the recent 6% buff and some azerite tuning none of it is "bad" really, but we don't have anything that's amazing.

Hopefully we see some better Azerite traits and I think both Bladestorm and Dragon Roar deserve to be looked at to let Fury stand out from Arms somehow.
10/06/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Varrow
Fury hardly needs any large redesigns, the spec is quite well designed and fun to play.

The biggest problem with Fury, imo, is that our Azerite traits are pretty garbage in general and most don't bring much to the table outside of single target either. You compare it to Lord of War, Test of Might, Executioner's Precision, even Seismic Wave. All 4 of those traits can have large impacts in various situations.

Meanwhile Fury gets two traits that make Rampage do a bit more damage. Reckless Flurry makes my auto attacks stronger (while providing an almost useless cooldown reduction). Infinite Fury is garbage, Bloodcraze is not amazing and super boring to boot.

When you look at the recent 6% buff and some azerite tuning none of it is "bad" really, but we don't have anything that's amazing.

Hopefully we see some better Azerite traits and I think both Bladestorm and Dragon Roar deserve to be looked at to let Fury stand out from Arms somehow.

I’d actually take it even a step further than this
It’s not the the traits aren’t effective they’re just intensely boring.
There are several arms traits that give you something to manage or alter your gameplay around.
Fury has literally 0 of those the closest one to altering your gameplay is simmering rage. Sometimes you’ll have enough rage for rampage one global earlier during recklessness, that’s about the extent of the gameplay adaptation we have in all of the azerite system.
I don’t care if the traits are all worse in dps than arms I just want to care when I get them
Fury is boring? You never stop hitting keys, you never stop managing WW stacks on cleave. It’s the least boring class I’ve ever played. I love it.
fury traits are boring not the spec
10/06/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Sönya
Fury is boring? You never stop hitting keys, you never stop managing WW stacks on cleave.

Hit 1 button to enrage
Hit 1 bottom to spend
Hit 1 button to enable cleave

Also honorable mentions to 1 filler and 1 offensive CD and 1 defensive CD. Also Crit doesn't matter anymore as a stat. You enrage if you happen to.

To me class isn't even close to what I liked about it. MoP/WoD versions were much better even if they had their own flaws. Which were not as bad as they are now.
We have a few talents that need small buffs to balance the tree. When they add new Azerite traits hopefully we get more variety. Other than that fury is excellent.
10/06/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Sönya
Fury is boring? You never stop hitting keys, you never stop managing WW stacks on cleave. It’s the least boring class I’ve ever played. I love it.

Fury is not boring it’s basically a bloodlust simulator and that will always make it inherently more fun than any of the other specs (imo).

But the azerite system of mix and matching cool traits is completely dead for us, none of them change how we play at all.

A lvl 100 fury warrior plays the exactly the same as a 120 fury warrior with BiS traits.
I am currently maining fury warrior, we just need a flipping damage increase, who cares about the rest. We have the most enjoyable spammy play style with good heals, and good 1v1 scenarios, depending of course. I started playing wow in Cata and have mained a warrior ever since, I played Prot in cata, then switched to Arms in MoP (Found fury to be repulsive and hard to play previously) for the first time in my WoW playtime have I mained Fury, and I flipn love it. We just need todo more damage and all will be sorted.
I saw this on that Reddit megathread thing they did last week, I thought the Fury article summed up the issues pretty well. Might give it a look.

https://skyhold.gg/fury/8-1furyfeedback
Beside the little dmg increase, what fury really need to be on par with other classes in M+ for exemple is SHOCKWAVE back, we need a mass AOE stun ! (we dont have cc and we wont have cc) so we need something else... Some class have both a aoe stun and a CC... this is so much valuable vs what we offer...

Why pick us vs a DH or a Monk... when they can stun or CC mobs and outdps us... single and aoe....
Shockwave is currently not that great. 2 second stun that sets up diminishing returns on other stuns. Personally I'd like to see dragon roar get a knockdown or a short duration disorient.
Prot didn't get a blue. Please don't call that a real blue.
10/22/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Picsøu
Beside the little dmg increase, what fury really need to be on par with other classes in M+ for exemple is SHOCKWAVE back, we need a mass AOE stun ! (we dont have cc and we wont have cc) so we need something else... Some class have both a aoe stun and a CC... this is so much valuable vs what we offer...

Why pick us vs a DH or a Monk... when they can stun or CC mobs and outdps us... single and aoe....

Cause Monk has atrocious AoE and terrible damage outside of cheese and CDs.
As far as DH is concerned it's not just warriors that are in the boat. I cannot believe DH has avoided the nerf bat this long. Impressive really
10/22/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Picsøu

Piercing howl is superior to shockwave in a lot of affixes. Save the stun DRs.
Gratz s.priest you got yourself buffed...

Where is fury’s love now ?
Fury has pretty much no defences, , no CC and our damage is pretty subpar. Why aren't Blizzard doing anything about it