All five members are <40% HP midfight. (Disc)

Priest
What do you do?

I do alright as Disc, but once the damage starts rolling hard across everyone in the group, I panic.

Rapture > Radiance

?

Its usually at this point I swap to Holy and finish the place without a hitch.
I did a couple mythic+ and I get a bit stressed as disc when there is a lot of party damage. However holy priest single target healing is crap and makes me a sad tank sitting holy priest.

I'm just going to start taking shadow covenant. Radiance > atonement just doesn't seem to always be cutting it for me. Especially for groups that take extravel damage.
However holy priest single target healing is crap and makes me a sad tank sitting holy priest.

But still better than Disc priest?
Power word: barrier or luminous barrier, Radiance then if you haven't got your damage out do that then spot heal from there, tank first.
Rapture > Shadow Fiend > Schism > Solace > Penance\smite.
If you know party damage is going to come soon: rapture and throw up some shields.

If party damage is imminent/already happened: radiance and either fiend or schism/solace and smite spam. If the tank is also getting battered at the same time it's a good moment for pain sup.
Yea, I'm going to see about dropping Lenience and run with LB.
09/24/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Agramond
Yea, I'm going to see about dropping Lenience and run with LB.
Don't. Use PW:B instead. Try running ToF and SCov if you need more group healing at higher keys.
09/24/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Flutterdash
However holy priest single target healing is crap and makes me a sad tank sitting holy priest.

But still better than Disc priest?

Yes. My shadow mends hit for 21k with atonement. My flash heal do 12k as holy. A powered up penance is like 38k compared to my 45k serenity and penance is off CD more often. I do not have to be as concerned with tanks as disc like I do holy.

1 minute guardian is nice but outclassed by rapture and pain suppression I'd say. Is anyone arguing for holy being the stronger tank healer? I'd run triple flash heal traits as holy if I could find gear over 340 ilvl with flash heal traits. I assume this is weekly chest only as azerite doesn't drop in M+.
PW:R - Schism - PW:S - Penance

everyone's topped

healing group damage is easy. just keep atonement on everyone with PW:R and nuke away. Throw a bubble or a shadowmend on anyone that drops too far below the pack. Make sure you have Purge the Wicked on as many mobs as possible.
09/24/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Pentanse
Is anyone arguing for holy being the stronger tank healer?

I'm not too sure which one is stronger at tank healing tbh, for me it's just that as Disc I hate falling into Shadow Mend spam while as Holy I don't mind it too much if I need to spam Flash Heal.

I don't find tank healing being a problem for Holy Priest though, a couple of the Flash heal traits & alternating between using HW:Serenity or Guardian Spirit (with the 1m CD) is usually enough. If both serenity and GS are on CD then you use Apotheosis.
PW Radiance and if there's still damage inc then I hit scov, otherwise straight into schism, penance and try to smack as many as I can with star.

Scov has a lot of drawbacks but it's helped my group out of quite a few pinches.
09/24/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Pentanse
I'd run triple flash heal traits as holy if I could find gear over 340 ilvl with flash heal traits. I assume this is weekly chest only as azerite doesn't drop in M+.

Azerothian Champion's Crown: 355 exalted CoA hat (you can buy more than 1)

Ruffled Poet's Blouse (last boss Freehold)

I prefer shoulders that have bonus to PoH rather than 3 FH increasing pieces.
Radiance -> Schism -> Penance -> Solace -> Smite Spam. This should quickly stabilize everyone's health. You might need to toss out a few shadowmends to top off the tank.

Don't underestimate shadow covenant for 5-mans. A lot of people don't like the healing absorb, but it can provide some quick emergency burst aoe healing if Schism is on cooldown or if you need to heal on the run/can't attack anything.
09/24/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Fatcow
Don't underestimate shadow covenant for 5-mans.

Shadow Covenant is amazing in Mythic+. Radiance + Shadow Covenant is normally half the entire groups hp, plus you a few second of atonement that makes the absorb shield almost irrelevant.

Yes. My shadow mends hit for 21k with atonement. My flash heal do 12k as holy. A powered up penance is like 38k compared to my 45k serenity and penance is off CD more often. I do not have to be as concerned with tanks as disc like I do holy.

It's as if you're discounting mastery for holy entirely and coming up way short. Penance also really shouldn't be used defensively.
09/24/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Healyelflol
PW:R - Schism - PW:S - Penance

everyone's topped

healing group damage is easy. just keep atonement on everyone with PW:R and nuke away. Throw a bubble or a shadowmend on anyone that drops too far below the pack. Make sure you have Purge the Wicked on as many mobs as possible.

this but drop ptw, and throw a divine star in the pack instead.
Running high mythics this week and dealing with quaking you should spec ToF and Shadow covenant as atonement alone is not enough to top group.

Radiance > Shadow Covenant > smite then Rapture when atonement starts to fall off if necessary, then you can do another round of radiance > shadow covenant. Helps to have mobs dotted with shadow word: pain or purge the wicked. If you don't have the Enduring Luminescence trait or enough crit this may not be as effective (I have two stacks of Enduring Luminescence and 934 (18%) crit rating).

Last week my go to build was schism, solace and sins.
Pop pain suppression on tank cast radiance into schism ( if talented), solace, penance, smite spam
09/24/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Bangheal
What do you do?

I do alright as Disc, but once the damage starts rolling hard across everyone in the group, I panic.

Rapture > Radiance

?

Its usually at this point I swap to Holy and finish the place without a hitch.

For 5 man's at 30 to 40% and no one is likely to imminently die:

Radiance > Schism > Solace > Penance (the enemy) > Smite...smite smite...